Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,706 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country (871 Views)

When Did APC/Buharists Become Patriotic? / Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / From GEJ To PMB, Did We Move From Frying Pan To Fire? Read This Report +photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by wierdpsycho: 2:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
The NIGERIAN constitution makes provision for freedom of movement, so I dont get why Some peeps keep terming IGBO'S as IMMIGRANTS.

1 Like

Re: When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by walemoney007(m): 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
wierdpsycho:
The NIGERIAN constitution makes provision for freedom of movement, so I dont get why Some peeps keep terming IGBO'S as IMMIGRANTS.
why do ibos and ijaws keep termin yorubas and hausas parasite?

4 Likes

Re: When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by temitemi1(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
One love to all my igbo brothers! United will STAND! Divided will FALL!!
Re: When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by wierdpsycho: 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
walemoney007:
why do ibos and ijaws keep termin yorubas and hausas parasite,while we both hav oil in d Niger delta?
federalism and regionalism are still being debated in the legislative circle; but freedom of movement is a signed deal, so why the IMMIGRANT tag

3 Likes

Re: When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by Sweet569: 2:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
Today
Re: When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by Change2015(m): 2:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
There is a simple explanation for this. People live in one place, pay the taxes rather unwillingly, if at all, take no interest in the local organisations that are not focused on their ethnic group, and then send money to their town/village unions. And most of all they refer to the town/village as 'home', going 'home' for Christmas, easter....
I always wonder why people do not participate in the civic life of the place they live in but still expect acceptance. As an APC member, in my ward we have all the tribes but mainly yoruba, bini, Igbo, calabar. The confluence of cooperation with our hausa brothers here goes from mosque to their traditional leaders in the area but for some reason we don't have many attending meetings. My father resides in his state (we are not yoruba), but when I visit, at the end I say I am going 'home' to Lagos because lagos is where I was born and where I live and where I strongly identify with etc etc.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
#oneNigeria
Re: When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by walemoney007(m): 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
wierdpsycho:

federalism and regionalism are still being debated in the legislative circle; but freedom of movement is a signed deal, so why the IMMIGRANT tag
d oil in d Niger delta blong to d federal govt of Nigeria,so y d parasite tag?
Re: When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by Change2015(m): 2:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
walemoney007:
why do ibos and ijaws keep termin yorubas and hausas parasite,while we both hav oil in d Niger delta?

Ondo and Edo are oil producing States and Lagos will become one this year. All this rubbish about 'we' own the oil on our ground is foolish talk. When it runs out, then we will see humility. Should Niger state say kainji/shiroro dam is only for them? Should lagos State declare all its ports to be Lagos property? What we have is for the benefit of all Nigerians.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
#oneNigeria
Re: When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by walemoney007(m): 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Okay o
Re: When Did We Become IMMIGRANTS In Our Own Country by GentleToks(m): 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
wierdpsycho:

Technically and naturally, Igbos are immigrants in Yoruba Nation and Hausa/Fulani Nation. However, constitutionally, they are not immigrant.

Having seen what happened before and post election, I am 200% sure that Nigerians ll eventually go their separate ways, no doubt abt it and the moment that happens, Igbos automatically become illegal immigrant. They either naturalise or apply for your papers to remain in Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani Nation.

If the separation is by mutual understanding, Igbos have got a whole lot to benefit in terms of their properties and general investment but if the separation goes by the way of war.................... It could better be imagined.

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari: A New Style Of First Lady In Nigeria? / Photos: Injured APC Members In Warri South Constituency II / Results From On Do State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.