Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

AMOKWE EXPLOSION: How I Cheated Death, By Eze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMOKWE EXPLOSION: How I Cheated Death, By Eze (442 Views)

Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace / 5 African First Ladies Who Cheated On Their Husbands (photos) / AMOKWE EXPLOSION: How I Cheated Death, By Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AMOKWE EXPLOSION: How I Cheated Death, By Eze by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
ENUGU—THE explosion that rocked the home of a chieftain of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Enugu State, Mr. Tony Eze, at Amokwe, Udi, Local Government Area of the state sent jitters down the spines of natives even as several persons were wounded in the incident.

The incident which occurred on March 16 at about 5 pm literally brought down the apartment of Eze, while frightened neighbours scampered for safety.
The police, however said that the incident must have occurred due to the storage of fire crackers in the house.

A fire cracker is a small explosive device primarily designed to produce a large amount of noise, especially in the form of a loud bang even as any visual effect is incidental to this goal. They have fuses, and are wrapped in a heavy paper casing to contain the explosive compound. Firecrackers, along with fireworks, originated in China.

What the Police said reacting to the explosion, the state Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Ebere Amaraizu, said, “The state command through its operatives have commenced full scale investigations into an incident of explosion at Amokwe, Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State with a view to finding out the possible cause of the sudden explosion.

“Some of the injured have been taken to the hospitals just as men of the Explosive Ordinance Department, EOD, of the command have cordoned off the place with other operatives.
“Meanwhile, instant analysis of the incident by the operatives of the EOD at the scene of the explosion revealed that it was occasioned by high calibre pyrotechnics, fireworks, in a large quantity packed in the house of the owner that exploded.”
Survivor speaks

A native of Amokwe, Amobi Beluonwu, told South East Voice that he escaped unhurt through the skin of his teeth.
“In fact, it was by God’s grace. When the explosion occurred, it shook our building. Part of the roof that it blew off was falling towards the direction I was seated in our house.

“I had to dodge even though I sustained minor injuries on my arm. We have never had such experience. Security agencies should redouble efforts to check individuals who stockpile these type of high calibre explosive materials in their residential houses.

“We are hoping that the culprit will be punished as he had been in this business for quite some time now. It is bad that people should place their neighbours lives in harms way all in a bid to make money.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/amokwe-explosion-how-i-cheated-death-by-eze/
Re: AMOKWE EXPLOSION: How I Cheated Death, By Eze by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2015

(1) (Reply)

To Remove Me From Office, You Must First Impeach God – Fayose / Gov. Kwankwaso Approves N104m Tuition To 359 Students . / Buhari Reveals Job Creation Strategy May 29 – Wamakko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.