Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses (980 Views)

Manchester City Should Keep Faith In Pellegrini / Pellegrini Should Let Yaya Go If He Is Not Ready To Play / Did Pellegrini Diss Manchester City Players? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:48am On Apr 07, 2015
[b]Manuel Pellegrini, Manager of Manchester City bemoaned the opener of Crystal Palace which he believed was a offside goal in the Manchester City 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace.

Manchester City dominated the game early on but a goal from Crystal Palace stunned the Cityzens. In the 34th minute, Glenn Murray tapped in a goal from close range.

Replays showed Scott Dann and Murray were marginally offside in the build up of the goal. City felt the goal should not have stood but the referee did not agree with them and the goal stood.

Jason Puncheon worsened Manchester City's situation when he scored a free kick early in the second half.

Yaya Toure helped City with a consolation goal. His fine strike 12 minutes to go counted for nothing.

Manchester City are nine points behind the league leaders, Chelsea and Manchester City have played a game more.

"We played a good game from beginning to end, had a lot of chances, and we lost the game because they scored an offside goal and a beautiful free-kick," Pellegrini told Sky Sports.

"I don't want to have this discussion about the referee, it's not a good duty of the manager to analyse the referee.

"You asked me why we lost and I repeat, because of an offside goal and a beautiful free-kick."

"I'm not talking about the title, I'm just trying to win our games and we will see at the end of the season," he added.

"Every time you drop points it is a big blow but we must try to play in the way we did today because normally we win the game.

"We're just thinking about what we can do in trying to win our games and see at the end of the season which position we are in."

Pellegrini can not make it look like all is well at Manchester City. There is nothing wrong with the philosophy and pattern of play of Manchester City.

The statistics of the game against Crystal Palace shows Manchester City were in control of the game. It is shocking how Manchester City lost with the way they played.

Pellegrini needs to look into the attack of the team. The talent is there but they are not scoring. It is clear that the attacking guys are not clinical enough and Manchester City needs more competition there.

I do not see Manchester City coming back from this defeat. I do not see the strikers picking up and banging in goals.

What I notice is that Pellegrini's system looks good always, even when the team are not playing well. However, the system does not show you that the players are playing without drive or hunger.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/pellegrini-should-shun-excuses.html[/b]
Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by coded01: 3:14am On Apr 07, 2015
He should as well shun the idea of winning the EPL... grin grin
Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
coded01:
He should as well shun the idea of winning the EPL... grin grin

That idea is gone. I just hope Pellegrini can pick up from the Manchester Derby and give us a seven game winning streak. But, we have dropped so much points that it seems like a pipe dream.
Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by coded01: 2:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

That idea is gone. I just hope Pellegrini can pick up from the Manchester Derby and give us a seven game winning streak. But, we have dropped so much points that it seems like a pipe dream.

My broda... Nations Cup actually affected Man City...Since Yaya left everything crumbled... lipsrsealed
Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
coded01:

My broda... Nations Cup actually affected Man City...Since Yaya left everything crumbled... lipsrsealed

Our transfer Market policy killed us. I believe Iheanacho would have been an ideal replacement for Yaya Toure if he was given the chance. How come Pellegrini and co. did not fight for Nacho's work permit. They did not even apply. Instead, they sent him to America to train under an MLS team. They signed Lampard who was nothing but a squad player.

Why spend so much on Mangala when we had Rekik who was doing well on loan for PSV. Then Mangala ended up on the bench.

The Mangala money would have gotten Brahimi or Hector Herrera. The transfers did not help the team. And, those guys gave contract extensions to players over 30 yrs.
Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by coded01: 10:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Our transfer Market policy killed us. I believe Iheanacho would have been an ideal replacement for Yaya Toure if he was given the chance. How come Pellegrini and co. did not fight for Nacho's work permit. They did not even apply. Instead, they sent him to America to train under an MLS team. They signed Lampard who was nothing but a squad player.

Why spend so much on Mangala when we had Rekik who was doing well on loan for PSV. Then Mangala ended up on the bench.

The Mangala money would have gotten Brahimi or Hector Herrera. The transfers did not help the team. And, those guys gave contract extensions to players over 30 yrs.

Unfortunately, this is what we experience oh... lipsrsealed

Only if he was a white dude... lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by Bimffo(m): 3:46am On Apr 09, 2015
Joe, the main thing is that 'Kompany has declined so Much..'
Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:25am On Apr 09, 2015
Bimffo:
Joe, the main thing is that 'Kompany has declined so Much..'

I agree with you here and I believe a Demeichelis - Mangala contribution would have helped. However, Pellegrini treats this guys as super stars.

However, Manchester City created enough chances to cancel out the two goals of Crystal Palace but they did not score.

The attack not scoring is the major problem.
Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by Bimffo(m): 8:13am On Apr 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you here and I believe a Demeichelis - Mangala contribution would have helped. However, Pellegrini treats this guys as super stars.

However, Manchester City created enough chances to cancel out the two goals of Crystal Palace but they did not score.

The attack not scoring is the major problem.

There are sometimes, the defence have to step Up and score goals when the attack has a problem.. The attack of team will have at least 3-4 weeks of bad time in a season, The Defence will have to stand Up to the challenge..

Thats Y I am Chelsea fan.. For the past 4-5 weeks now, I ave not won any game with more than 1 goal margin. Chelsea games end like 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 1-2 etc.. The attack is Tired and it is not has volatile and Dangerous as at the start of the season, but the defence is now locking the goal post, and working tirelessly for 3 points.

There was a time Kompany's head was the Rock.. I can still remember some games that it was Kompany's Lone goal which he scored with his head that made the difference..

But now Kompany has declined. He single handedly gave the Premier league trophy to Chelsea. So many many stüpid mistakes after he came back for Injury. Just so much mistakes..

PS: Dont mind my English and Typing skills.. No time..
Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:05am On Apr 09, 2015
Bimffo:

There are sometimes, the defence have to step Up and score goals when the attack has a problem.. The attack of team will have at least 3-4 weeks of bad time in a season, The Defence will have to stand Up to the challenge..

Thats Y I am Chelsea fan.. For the past 4-5 weeks now, I ave not won any game with more than 1 goal margin. Chelsea games end like 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 1-2 etc.. The attack is Tired and it is not has volatile and Dangerous as at the start of the season, but the defence is now locking the goal post, and working tirelessly for 3 points.

There was a time Kompany's head was the Rock.. I can still remember some games that it was Kompany's Lone goal which he scored with his head that made the difference..

But now Kompany has declined. He single handedly gave the Premier league trophy to Chelsea. So many many stüpid mistakes after he came back for Injury. Just so much mistakes..

PS: Dont mind my English and Typing skills.. No time..

Unlike Chelsea this season, Mancini made Manchester City formidable when it comes to attack. With Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli.

Pellegrini failed to continue the attacking force of the team. Bony is no doubt a squad player. He will never compete with Aguero and Dzeko. So when these guys are not producing, Bony can not compete with them.

Same with Jovetic who is not an all out striker.

Pellegrini's major mistake was not securing Iheanacho's work permit. Our best player during the preseason. It came back to haunt Manchester City.

As much as I agree with your point of the defence, I believe our offensive players were not as dangerous as they should be and they cost us.
Re: Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses by Bimffo(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Unlike Chelsea this season, Mancini made Manchester City formidable when it comes to attack. With Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez and Balotelli.

Pellegrini failed to continue the attacking force of the team. Bony is no doubt a squad player. He will never compete with Aguero and Dzeko. So when this guys are not producing, Bony can not compete with them.

Same with Jovetic who is not an all out striker.

Pellegrini's major mistake was not securing Iheanacho's work permit. Our best player during the preseason. It came back to haunt Manchester City.

As much as I agree with your point of the defence, I believe our offensive players were not as dangerous as they should be and they cost us.

Agreed!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Europa League Group Stage Draw To Take Place Today / Video: Angry Fan Slaps Schalke Keeper Manuel Neuer / Has TB Joshua Watched The Second Half Of The UCL Match Betwen Chelsea And Bayern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.