Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (27523 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
austinvsb1:

You just gave yourself away as one who doesnt live in lagos. Prolly typing from one slum village with a 10k techno phone. Oloshi> If you are as strong as you claim, Choose a location in lagos and reply this message. F.oool!!!

Why should I live in Lagos?
So because I don't live in Lagos, you can drown my people and go scot free? Think again. Try and see. The next Igbo that will drown in your lagoon even by accident will be the end of your useless race. Tiger fighter.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
[s]
oikechukwu:

I checked your past post history, how did you think i knew you used to "botswana" turned South African masking of as dating or is it married to a yoruba. Likewise your past post is what actually gave you away as the cowardly yoruba that you really are. Like I said before, you are not first and you certainly not the last. I'm still waiting for the chinese, arab, and other ethnicity you lazy, cowardly lots will create before spewing una vile hatred and stupidity.

When you people stop being bunch of cowards even online, then call us. I don't have time wasting with a coward woman from an illiterate, ungrateful, backwards, crime infested, underverdeloped tribe. Incase you weren't aware, I was talking about yoruba, not the SA or botswana or when you decide to change to Zimbabwe tribe you
trying to shield yourself with.
[/s]

Me date or married to a naija guy? You are not only mad but blind as well. Go back and read again. Actually dont give a fcck what or who you think I am. Just face what i said. Rubbish!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by omonnakoda: 7:18pm On Apr 08, 2015
BluIvy:

Me date or married to a naija guy? You are not only mad but blind as well. Go back and read again. Actually dont give a fcck what or who you think I am. Just face what i said. Rubbish!
You are so bold to come here and type this nonsense. I really would like to know what makes your mother so bold before I descend on her and start raining slaps on her twisted mouth
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by pimpo: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
All this has been a very interesting and enlightening read. I must say that I'm shocked that young people like us think like this and have so much hate in this day and age. How can we complain about racial discrimination abroad when we are guilty of the same at home? In any disagreement, both parties bear some responsibility, in this case both yorubas and igbos are guilty of something.

A lot has been said here and mostly we seem to have forgotten the main issue here which is politics. All Nigerian politicians, irrespective of tribe are basically the same; the are mostly concerned about themselves, not the populace. So while we are here throwing insults about and threatening to eradicate tribes, they are preparing to use our folly and narrow mindedness to better their lot in life.

I am not certain anyone that has posted on this thread has been in a war or killed before and no one will want to forgo your present existence for that scenario, believe so let's quit with the tough talk. Tensions in the country have been higher than this in recent past and nothing happened and if we are honest, Nigerians like their state of well being more than anything else.

To the aggrived Igbos, even though what the Oba said is out of place, I see no need for the ruckus since you know that it is actually impossible to drown a million or more people in the lagoon. That is unless of course, he somehow acquired the staff of Moses and manages to convince all Igbos that they are Egyptians chasing after Isrealites and leads them to lagoon to be drowned. So take the statement for what it was: an unguarded statement made in bad taste.

To the aggrived Yorubas, your tribe is known to be a reasonable people. Since the land is yours and you have the greater population, why are you bothered by who your neighbour Igbos vote? It is simple mathematics that if you participate, your choice will prevail.
Since the land belonged to your fathers, if someone calls it 'No Man's Land', does it make it any less yours? If your family compound is where it has always been, do the words change the fact? They are only words so why lose sleep over it? Ignore the comments.
There are Yorubas that have held political office in other parts of the country (either by appointment or election) and also abroad.
So it is not a bad thing that it happened in Lagos. It just shows a diversified population and I think its a credit to Lagos.

Throughout the rememerable history of Lagos, I do not recall any violent clashes betwen Yorubas and Igbos. I think this shows that they get along just fine although some inner tensions may exist.

The bottom line is this: since all this stems from the governship elections, whoever you vote for, remember that you are not that politician's primary objective. So do not quarrel, insult or fight cos of them. If you want to vote, vote your choice and for the right reasons. This isn't only about Lagos. There are large Yoruba and Igbo populations in other parts of the country too and their votes there will affect the results in those areas, but you don't here anyone else complaining about it.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by tpiadotcom: 3:02am On Apr 09, 2015
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 09, 2015
The rant of an APC tout.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by tynusky: 8:30am On Apr 09, 2015
I feel APC over the years have never disappointed in providing us all with competent candidates who went on to be phenomenal Governors. And even now, they have provided us with an astounding President and Vice President. It would be quite unwise on our part if we unsettle the trend of brilliant Governors the party has provided us with.

The baton has been passed to Ambode for a reason. And that reason is for him to take Lagos State on to greater things.

Im voting in Ambode for continuity. You all would be wise to do so too.

Eko o ni Baje.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by onyebuchiokafor: 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
We all need to work together to bring in a good leader who will bring out the change we want.....

AMBODE for change!!!

EKO O NI BAJE OOOO
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 14, 2015
So ashamed of your tribe that you baptized yourself with onyebuchiokafor..
Iberibe mmuo undecided
onyebuchiokafor:
We all need to work together to bring in a good leader who will bring out the change we want.....

AMBODE for change!!!

EKO O NI BAJE OOOO

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 14, 2015
Rubbish!
BluIvy:

This was an example of things that are said unguarded by your people. I am not here to convince you of anything just support @ EUROBOMBER statement about sensitivity. If we were to just draw other example from all experiences we would derail this thread.

And by the way, another igbo guy I met in China who loudly boasted how much hated Chinese in their face. Do you think that is a coincident that your people think that way? Imagine hating Chinese in China? Duh!

Samething, they do with Yorubas often " you are not even from Lagos, you are from red roofs in Ibadan".

"You cannot tell me anything in Cape Town, go back to Kayelitsha".

" South Africans Are lazy waiting for the government to do everything for them" (one of your people wrote this on this very thread which is what I responded to)

" Yorubas are lazy we buying all their lands even their papa's, house. Why sell your papa's house it because they are lazy"

Do you see a pattern?

You may deny and not want to see reason because have nursed your rivalry with these people forever that if you let go you might loose sight of who you are. But the word is out, there is some mental sickness somewhere with the way your people think, this is not normal.

This is not being proud either but being stupid. And trust SAns they will pounce on you anyway, anytime,anywhere unlike Yorubas. The rest is newnewspaper headlines

Stupidity needs not be allowed to grow and flourish but needs to nipped in the bud, because Stupidity kills!

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Jman06(m): 2:58am On Apr 14, 2015
Yorubas are dirty pigs! They ain't worthy of friendship with any true-blooded Igbo person if not for business sake.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by jumobi1(m): 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2015
lifeisshort1:

I disagree with u, u cant be saying lagos is a no mans land in the presence of an epe, awori or badagry man .they will skin you alive.its like telling the gwari people that abj is not their father's land .Watch what you say.

It's ok to disagree but where did I say Lagos is no man's land?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by disumusa: 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
pls na were igbos came or migrat from b/c they claim ,lagos,abuja,jos,isreal,benue
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2015
disumusa:
pls na were igbos came or migrat from b/c they claim ,lagos,abuja,jos,isreal,benue
since u joined nairaland all u ve been saying is igbo dz igbo dat... re u ok...
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by omonnakoda: 4:25pm On Apr 15, 2015
Some illiterate people sef
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Kalvan3005: 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
The Ibos never learn.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by ImperialYoruba: 11:52pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ibos are beneath Yoruba in every measure of civilization. Ibos that are civilized did so residing in Yorubaland and this is evident when you compare an Ibo that has never stepped foot outside Iboland with one that has spent years in Yorubaland.

There is nothing warranting a call for peace between civilized Yoruba and barbarian Ibo. If Ibo will develop some respect for others there wouldn't be so much repudiation on their case. Simple!!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 12:01am On Apr 25, 2015
write2obi:
.With all due respect, i disagree with most of the things you said here,
I will try to answer some of your questions, but before I do, let me remind you that Lagos was a state capital and was developed with Nigerians money, so it belongs to all of us, Lagos will not be what it is today if not for all our efforts. Nigeria should develop Enugu as much as they developed Abuja and Lagos and let's see if we would not move back home, give us an international airport and a standard seaport
*Kano is not called a no mans land because it was not once a state capital,
Let me ask you,
*how would you feel if someone wakes up tomorrow and start telling you that Abuja belongs to his father or grand father ?
you are one othe trouble makers from the east and no matter how hard you try Lagos will not cease to be a Yoruba land. Wake up from your slumber
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 12:02am On Apr 25, 2015
ImperialYoruba:
Ibos are beneath Yoruba in every measure of civilization. Ibos that are civilized did so residing in Yorubaland and this is evident when you compare an Ibo that has never stepped foot outside Iboland with one that has spent years in Yorubaland.

There is nothing warranting a call for peace between civilized Yoruba and barbarian Ibo. If Ibo will develop some respect for others there wouldn't be so much repudiation on their case. Simple!!
God bless you jare
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 12:04am On Apr 25, 2015
disumusa:
you dey mind dem?na everywhe dey wan claim,tomorrow dem go wan claim America
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 12:07am On Apr 25, 2015
Jman06:
Yorubas are dirty pigs! They ain't worthy of friendship with any true-blooded Igbo person if not for business sake.
in that case tell you people that see Lagos as small London to say put in their villages,if not na lagoon straight. Omo ale jati jati
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Dbboy(m): 12:07am On Apr 25, 2015
ImperialYoruba:

If igbos were really beneath your region, you won't need telling us it would be clear for all to see, stop beating your over bloated ego. You are not worth as much as you think.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by ayokellany: 12:24am On Apr 25, 2015
Dbboy:

If igbos were really beneath your region, you won't need telling us it would be clear for all to see, stop beating your over bloated ego. You are not worth as much as you think.
funny I actually tot the Igbos are the one with the over bloated egos. Talk about blaming your inadequacies on others. What happen to it's not pride it's success. I tot only Igbos were successful in Nigeria.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Jman06(m): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2015
IYANGBALI:
in that case tell you people that see Lagos as small London to say put in their villages,if not na lagoon straight. Omo ale jati jati
Until you join in the campaign for creation of Biafra and ensure that it is actualized, they will continue to live and do business in Lagos. You want them to live Lagos after developing it so that you can claim all what they worked hard to build. What an opportunist you are cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by goooze(m): 7:55am On Apr 25, 2015
Alfamann:

Go to the major markets in those places and tell me who is in charge?
However, those guys at least are not too lazy but are trying to compete.
To whom brain is given common sense is expected. Did you just said yorubas are lazy? Now I know why anyone in his right sense needs not to join issue with you.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by write2obi(m): 7:57am On Apr 25, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you are one othe trouble makers from the east and no matter how hard you try Lagos will not cease to be a Yoruba land. Wake up from your slumber
Keep deceiving your self, Yoruba land and more than 70% of the lands and business belongs other tribes. Omo ibadan now run along
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 25, 2015
Jman06:
Until you join in the campaign for creation of Biafra and ensure that it is actualized, they will continue to live and do business in Lagos. You want them to live Lagos after developing it so that you can claim all what they worked hard to build. What an opportunist you are cheesy cheesy cheesy

Truth is,even if Nigeria allows Biafra today, MANY OF YOU WILL STILL PREFER DIEING IN THE SW rather than leave.

And BTW, there are many ways of making Ibos leave Lagos IN LARGE NUMBERS without going the South African way (u know what I mean). All it takes are just some brutal policies and you Igbos are done for. !!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by ImperialYoruba: 8:20am On Apr 25, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you dey mind dem?na everywhe dey wan claim,tomorrow dem go wan claim America

Anytime you hear Nigerians are being maltreated somewhere around the globe, trust me, its because they find it repugnant and offensive that Nigerians would boast of owning 70% of their land or market. Most others lump us together as Nigerians. For me it is painful that I share same country with Igbos. They are the bad face of Nigeria ...in kenya,ghana,southafrica,thailand,china,malaysia,gambia,gabon, china, ...anywhere foreigners are tired and fedup with Nigerians.

Ibos are irritants, at home and abroad. They offend the senses the way a housefly or mosquito or gnat irritates human. If there were a spray to kill em off like we kill off bugs with insecticides, there would be some sense of relief. But no spray to do the job.

In the absence of that Hausa prefer to spill their blood, Yoruba wants to dump them in the Lagoon, Zulu is slicing them with machette, kenya prefers to point gun on their skull, in malaysia they hang them.

A truly condemned race of slaves.

If they ask who typed this tell them the descendant of Yoruba warriors did.

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Saintp(m): 8:40am On Apr 25, 2015
Scatterboss:

Eurobomber, You have said it all, many of us here that i know are bonafide indigenes of Lagos and we always feel sad when they refer to our land as no man's land. We were all raised to be respectful and simple, more reason people think we are coward. They see Hausa people as brave cos they kill at any slighest provocation, we are peaceful people and the Eleko of Eko was vexed but he went too far.

I respect you so much bro, God bless you broda.

NB: Threads that promote peace and unity like this should be made sticky on this section but it seems some mod love when we bash and curse ourselves. I will indulge Seun not to allow his website be the war-ground for sharing curse and hate words.
if it takes jus mere words by one idiot about lagos being a no man's land for d yorubas to explode then i tink yorubas are as dumb as d igbo man saying it. has anybody sponsored a bill to officially declare lagos a no man' s land ? or has the statement changed anytin in lagos ? you accused d ibos of taking d obas statement to far, why have you guys taken d ibo guy no mans land statement to far ? yorubas and ibos r jus d same.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by disumusa: 9:38am On Apr 25, 2015
igbos we are indigen of fct, isreal, lagos, jos kaduna
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by disumusa: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2015
yoruba had nothing comon with se rather dressing and religion with north
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 25, 2015
disumusa:
igbos we are indigen of fct, isreal, lagos, jos kaduna
u re gone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12 / Aisha Buhari Celebrates International Day Of The Girl Child / APC Targets North’s Bloc Votes, PDP Rules Out South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.