Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,280 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (27382 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 9:46am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

When will you show this might in Kano or Bornu?

Go to the major markets in those places and tell me who is in charge?
However, those guys at least are not too lazy but are trying to compete.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Iykopee(m): 9:47am On Apr 07, 2015
Scatterboss:

So calling people's land no man's land is right? You all are indirectly disrespecting the Oba for calling his land no man' land. In the video, he said what you cant try in Onitsha and co but you doing it here. During Anambra election, your people call us amala and awolowo people cos of Ngige. Is Ngige a Yoruba man? We all know what happened during that Anambra election and how even El Rufai was locked in his hotel room.

We are not slaves nor coward and our land is NOT and will NEVER be no man's land. Respect is reciprocal.

^^^ Man i didnt get ur line of argument. Have u or ur tribe been threatened to elimination in onitsha, aba, enugu and owerri for choosing ur preferred candidate through balloting?

Again taunting is neva a tin to be taken seriously cos in the right scheme of things they dont hold water. Come to Rivers state and see how ur own brothers are taunting natives of PH as jobless people who can't survive without leaning on house rent especially hausa people. They are good in taunting. Who has threatened their elimination even as massively, they voted for Buhari? If u can't call ur oba to order based on serfage, others will.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 9:47am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Posterity will judge between You & I. God is watching.

That's all he can do, isn't it? Watch.
Is it the same god your useless oba was calling on yesterday to help him drown my people?

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by siegfried99(m): 9:47am On Apr 07, 2015
RareDiamond:
IGBOS IN LAGOS NEVER SAID THE NONSENSE THE MOR0NIC POSTER IS ALLEGING !!! I GUESS HE IS HAPPY WITH THE OBA OF LAGOS COMMENTS. NO SANE YORUBA PERSON WOULD SUPPORT SUCH RASCALITY. THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT TIME FOR SIMPLETONS LIKE YOU WHO CREATE SENSELESS ETHNIC THREADS LIKE THIS TO BE PROVOCATIVE.

Truth is nobody is in support of what the man said..

But at the same time they should stop calling Lagos a no man's land..haba

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 9:49am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

When will you show this might in Kano or Bornu?
Come to Sabon-gari and see umu boys armed to the teeth,why do you suppose there haven't been much ethno rife in Kano??...We even have councillors of igbo origin.How much less Lagos,and yorubas for that matter.The last thing we need right now are Judases like yourselves...If the yorubas try nonsense we will show them why Hausas nominally run from SE whenever there is a threat of violence.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by luvmijeje(f): 9:50am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
They have mixed up so much with the locals that have forgotten their heritage.The only way to charge down a yoruba threat into an harmless bluff is to face it with the threat of not only defiance but real force,kowtowing to them as he did will emboldened them to persecute or even kill igbos 'just put them in their place'.The fool's grovellin has just put igbo lives in danger...
Sharrap! The OP is not foolish like you.

OP, better person well said. I don't support what the Oba said but it behooves on everybody to respect our differences anywhere we are in this country in order for peaceful coexistence.

13 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by siegfried99(m): 9:51am On Apr 07, 2015
To all of u trying to fuel the fire of a civil crisis.. I pity u undecided undecided

Instead of us thinking of living in a peaceful coexistence.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2015
luvmijeje:

OP, better person well said. I don't support what the Oba said but it behooves on everybody to respect our differences anywhere we are in this country in order for peaceful coexistence.

If peaceful coexistence will pass through drowning of my people in the lagoon, then let there be no peace.

5 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Go to the major markets in those places and tell me who is in charge?
However, those guys at least are not too lazy but are trying to compete.

That is not the point, why are we not shouting into the faces of the northerners that Kano is a no-man's-land since we control the markets there and developing the place? undecided undecided

Your guess is as good as mine. The truth will set you free brother. Hatred and bitterness will lead us nowhere. What wrong have the Yoruba done to us to deserve such hatred for Christs sakes? embarassed

15 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

That is not the point, why are we not shouting into the faces of the northerners that Kano is a no-man's-land since we control the markets there and developing the place? undecided undecided

Your guess is as good as mine. The truth will set you free brother. Hatred and bitterness will lead us nowhere. What wrong have the Yoruba done to us to deserve all this hatred for Christs sakes? embarassed

The same way we are not shouting in Ilorin or Ekiti or Benin City that those places are no man's land. Lagos is particular. Let those that own lagos show face because yorubas are immigrants to lagos like us. Proximity does not make you a landowner.

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Come to Sabon-gari and see umu boys armed to the teeth,why do you suppose there haven't been much ethno rife in Kano??...We even have councillors of igbo origin.How much less Lagos,and yorubas for that matter.The last thing we need right now are Judases like yourselves...If the yorubas try nonsense we will show them why Hausas nominally run from SE whenever there is a threat of violence.

Nonsense. I know Kano very well; I have traveled around a lot. I know Sabon Gari & Nomansland. If the northerners mean real business they will overrun those areas.

9 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

The same way we are not shouting in Ilorin or Ekiti or Benin City that those places are no man's land. Lagos is particular. Let those that own lagos show face because yorubas are immigrants to lagos like us. Proximity does not make you a landowner.

Lagos is Yoruba land. Accept it and live in peace. All these arrogance and bragadocio will not help anyone. Why is it only us the Igbos shouting this no-man's-land thing in Lagos? Why are the Deltans/Efik/Hausas/fulanis not shouting the same?

17 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PAINGAIN: 9:56am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

We are sorry. embarassed
dude make u no fall my hand. Why are u saying sorry to that poster? Did u read what he posted b4 saying sorry? Sorry for what if I may ask? That guy is an igbo hater. Let me ask u, do u know the real reason why xenophobia started in south africa? Its bcus the south africans(the lazy ones) who live in the townships and wait for government grants were being outshined by d foreigners in their land. So they resorted to violence. Lagos was made the capital, igbos came to lagos with nothing and they worked hard to get to where they are today. The zulus have durban, the xhosas have port elizabeth, the vendas have polokwane, the afrikaans have cape town but u'll never hear a south african saying johannesburg belongs to one particular tribe. Lagos is situated in the south west but the yorubas cannot lay claim to lagos bcus its situated there. Tomorrow now hausa people go come say abuja na their own. Ibadan is for d yorubas, lagos is for nigerians, simple. Just like how the south africans started xenophobia, the yorubas have started with threats of violence bcus they can now see that d igbos are beginning to get into lagos politics.pls eurobomber stop embarassing the igbos. I hate violence but pls lagos or abuja and the next capital of nigeria will always b for nigerians and not to a tribe.

7 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 9:57am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Nonsense. I know Kano very well; I have traveled around a lot. I know Sabon Gari & Nomansland. If the northerners mean real business they will overrun those areas.

They tried that before and licked their wounds so hard.

Do you know that in the height of boko attacks, Igbos were still trading in maiduguri? Stop underestimating your people. Inspite of the attempted genocide of 1967-1970, the cream is still rising to the top.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 9:58am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Lagos is Yoruba land. Accept it and live in peace. All these arrogance and bragadocio will not help anyone. Why is it only us the Igbos shouting this no-man's-land thing in Lagos? Why are the Deltans/Efik/Hausas/fulanis not shouting the same?

Lagos is not yorubaland. Read your history.

But seriously, do you want us to stop voting in Lagos or what?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 9:58am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Thank you, I accept to be called a coward if that will bring peace between us and our hosts in Lagos/SW. I do this for us and our children yet unborn.

A wise man chooses his fights carefully, go figure.
Yes that is why we chose this fight as per our experience with Hausas,you don't look for a black goat in the night.Tis about time we catch this goat in day as Oba's threats echoed the minds of thousands of yoruba who will be keen to act on it. Ironically you just placed your unborn children in danger with your grovelling...

4 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 07, 2015
PAINGAIN:
dude make u no fall my hand. Why are u saying sorry to that poster? Did u read what he posted b4 saying sorry? Sorry for what if I may ask? That guy is an igbo hater. Let me ask u, do u know the real reason why xenophobia started in south africa? Its bcus the south africans(the lazy ones) who live in the townships and wait for government grants were being outshined by d foreigners in their land. So they resorted to violence. Lagos was made the capital, igbos came to lagos with nothing and they worked hard to get to where they are today. The zulus have durban, the xhosas have port elizabeth, the vendas have polokwane, the afrikaans have cape town but u'll never hear a south african saying johannesburg belongs to one particular tribe. Lagos is situated in the south west but the yorubas cannot lay claim to lagos bcus its situated there. Tomorrow now hausa people go come say abuja na their own. Ibadan is for d yorubas, lagos is for nigerians, simple. Just like how the south africans started xenophobia, the yorubas have started with threats of violence bcus they can now see that d igbos are beginning to get into lagos politics.pls eurobomber stop embarassing the igbos. I hate violence but pls lagos or abuja and the next capital of nigeria will always b for nigerians and not to a tribe.

I am not embarrassing us, you cannot see what I am seeing. I have condemned the Oba's comment but what would it cost us to stop shouting at the faces of the Yorubas that lagos is a no-man's-land?

9 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:01am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I am not embarrassing us, you cannot see what I am seeing. I have condemned the Oba's comment but what would it cost us to stop shouting at the faces of the Yorubas that lagos is a no-man's-land?

If lagos is not a no man's land, why does it hurt them so when we say it?

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Please which tribe is deltans?

3 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Yes that is why we chose this fight as per our experience with Hausas,you don't look for a black goat in the night.Tis about time we catch this goat in day as Oba's threats echoed the minds of thousands of yoruba who will be keen to act on it. Ironically you just placed your unborn children in danger with your grovelling...

You should be reasonable and allow sleeping dogs lie. The gentle walk of a leopard is not a sign of weakness. What are you trying to achieve by pushing/provoking the Yoruba? What exactly? You want them to rise up in violent attacks against innocent Igbo women & children just to prove to you that they are not cowards?

You are the one calling people to rise and take up arms against a people that you have lived with all these years without violent confrontations. You need to have a rethink. Sometimes it is good to bend down for peace to reign; it must not always be chest-beating and braggadocio. embarassed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by jumper524(m): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2015
write2obi:
.With all due respect, i disagree with most of the things you said here,
I will try to answer some of your questions, but before I do, let me remind you that Lagos was a state capital and was developed with Nigerians money, so it belongs to all of us, Lagos will not be what it is today if not for all our efforts. Nigeria should develop Enugu as much as they developed Abuja and Lagos and let's see if we would not move back home, give us an international airport and a standard seaport
*Kano is not called a no mans land because it was not once a state capital,
Let me ask you,
*how would you feel if someone wakes up tomorrow and start telling you that Abuja belongs to his father or grand father ?
oboi abj na my state weda they develop it or not it's still my state and it's a man's land. it's because of our peaceful status thats why it's the countrys capital. When it wasn't the countrys capital we weren't complaining we we busy with our yam bussiness. So don't even tink of calling it a no mans land

6 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Please which tribe is deltans?

There are Urhobos there, Itshekiris and others. Google is there.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

If lagos is not a no man's land, why does it hurt them so when we say it?

That is the provocation I am talking about which we have to stop men.

5 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 07, 2015
Alfamann:

Lagos is not yorubaland. Read your history.

But seriously, do you want us to stop voting in Lagos or what?

I am not asking you not to vote, go out and exercise your civic duties that is why I have condemned what the Oba said. a lot of Yorubas have also condemned the speech.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Jk210(f): 10:06am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Your guess is as good as mine. The truth will set you free brother. Hatred and bitterness will lead us nowhere. What wrong have the Yoruba done to us to deserve such hatred for Christs sakes? embarassed

Keep preaching peace and may God be with us all

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
jumper524:
oboi abj na my state weda they develop it or not it's still my state and it's a man's land. it's because of our peaceful status thats why it's the countrys capital. When it wasn't the countrys capital we weren't complaining we we busy with our yam bussiness. So don't even tink of calling it a no mans land

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by write2obi(m): 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
jumper524:
Calm down will you grin the point am trying to make it that Lagos is what it is today because of all of us , and we aol have the right live, work and do our business there.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Texcoco(m): 10:07am On Apr 07, 2015
luvmijeje:

You are so naive like Aguiyi-ironsi,tis people like you that will bear the backlash,not igbos who are alert and ready.Fyi,Akiolu statement will be acted upon in some capacity or the other whether Ambode wins or not unless we stand our ground and look them in the face after exercising our democratic rights ....If you want to live with them in peace from here on now then sacrifice one of your own to the lagoon.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Alfamann: 10:09am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I am not asking you not to vote, go out and exercise your civic duties that is why I have condemned what the Oba said. a lot of Yorubas have also condemned the speech.

So why are you blaming us for a lunatic's condemnable acts?

Do you blame Americans for 911 or the French for Charlie Hebdo attacks?

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by write2obi(m): 10:10am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Lagos belongs to no tribe in particular, its our formal capital period!

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Scatterboss(m): 10:11am On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:

Emenike, I laugh at people that take little kid like you serious. You hide behind your rusty laptop to post trash that can put your kinsmen in danger. Keep forming online tough man and be posting jargons everywhere. Silence is not cowardice.

12 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by PAINGAIN: 10:12am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

the thing is u can't lay claim to a city(former capital of a nation) bcus its situated in ur region. Yorubas now feel threatened bcus d igbos now seem interested in lagos politics unlike before and that oba knows that its just a matter of when before the igbos take over lagos politics too. No one owns abuja, abuja is for all nigerians, lagos is for all nigerians, kano is for the hausas, ibadan is for the yorubas,enugu is for the igbos but if tomorrow now they make a city in the east capital of nigeria then it automatically belongs to all nigerians. They call igbos fools, they say our IQ is very low, they say we love violence but they didn't c this coming, who's threatening violence now? Igbos wan save lagos from d hausas bcus d way yorubas dey lick hausa people nyash dem fit carry lagos give hausas one day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Yekini Nabena: Saraki Betrayed APC, He's A Traitor & A Double Agent / CCT Orders DSS To Arrest Onnoghen. / Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun Makes First Appointment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.