Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,378 members, 7,954,536 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:34 PM

A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba (28423 Views)

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi / "Diezani Alison-Madueke’s Plea For Mercy" - By Rotimi Fasan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 1:41pm On Apr 25, 2015
write2obi:

Keep deceiving your self, Yoruba land and more than 70% of the lands and business belongs other tribes. Omo ibadan now run along
no it is you that is decieving yourself,you are only helping us to build Yoruba land at the expense of your place,by the time you will realise that Yoruba land go don go far. I'm sure you are not in your home town writing this poo,but in our place developing our land for us

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
ImperialYoruba:

Anytime you hear Nigerians are being maltreated somewhere around the globe, trust me, its because they find it repugnant and offensive that Nigerians would boast of owning 70% of their land or market. Most others lump us together as Nigerians. For me it is painful that I share same country with Igbos. They are the bad face of Nigeria ...in kenya,ghana,southafrica,thailand,china,malaysia,gambia,gabon, china, ...anywhere foreigners are tired and fedup with Nigerians.

Ibos are irritants, at home and abroad. They offend the senses the way a housefly or mosquito or gnat irritates human. If there were a spray to kill em off like we kill off bugs with insecticides, there would be some sense of relief. But no spray to do the job.

In the absence of that Hausa prefer to spill their blood, Yoruba wants to dump them in the Lagoon, Zulu is slicing them with machette, kenya prefers to point gun on their skull, in malaysia they hang them.

A truly condemned race of slaves.

If they ask who typed this tell them the descendant of Yoruba warriors did.
well researched,well written and well delivered. Thumbs up
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 1:45pm On Apr 25, 2015
Jman06:
Until you join in the campaign for creation of Biafra and ensure that it is actualized, they will continue to live and do business in Lagos. You want them to live Lagos after developing it so that you can claim all what they worked hard to build. What an opportunist you are cheesy cheesy cheesy
you are only wasting your time,money and energy on our land,one day una eye go clear..
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Jman06(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you are only wasting your time,money and energy on our land,one day una eye go clear..
Join in the campaign for creation of Biafra if you want Igbos to live Lagos. Simple!
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Jman06(m): 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2015
StBlack1:

Truth is,even if Nigeria allows Biafra today, MANY OF YOU WILL STILL PREFER DIEING IN THE SW rather than leave.

And BTW, there are many ways of making Ibos leave Lagos IN LARGE NUMBERS without going the South African way (u know what I mean). All it takes are just some brutal policies and you Igbos are done for. !!
Bring it on dude! Then you will know that many yorubas too are living and doing business/working in Igboland. We will use both policies and the south African way to wipe your dirty aszes off our land.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by alrahmanonline(m): 3:36pm On Apr 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

We are sorry. embarassed
Wow! I'm overwhelmed by your humbleness and magnanimity,May God Almighty bless your entire generation, If we have people of your mindset, I'm sure there will peace and tranquility.. thank you again and God bless you
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 8:35pm On Apr 25, 2015
Jman06:
Join in the campaign for creation of Biafra if you want Igbos to live Lagos. Simple!
you guys are just wasting your time claiming what is not claimable. If Lagos is no man's land why dem no dey bury ibo people wey die for Lagosfor Lagos,why una dey carry una dead body go una village. All our land wey you say una don by finish,how many of una dead body dey there. Sidon there dey waste your time claiming anoda man's property
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Jman06(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you guys are just wasting your time claiming what is not claimable. If Lagos is no man's land why dem no dey bury ibo people wey die for Lagosfor Lagos,why una dey carry una dead body go una village. All our land wey you say una don by finish,how many of una dead body dey there. Sidon there dey waste your time claiming anoda man's property
Iyangbali, we bury our dead in the village as a way of showing respect to the dead. Not that if we chose to bury them in lag, you or anybody else would do anything.
If you think Lagos is your papa's land, go and claim any plot of land belonging to an Igboman, only then would you understand that Lagos does
not bebelong to you alone.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

If it is the general wish of the Yorubas to kick out the 2 Lagos Igbo reps, then go ahead. All we want is peaceful coexistence and prosperity please. We don;t want any violence/bloodshed in Yoruba land including Lagos.
we don't want or you don't want?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2015
Jman06:
Iyangbali, we bury our dead in the village as a way of showing respect to the dead. Not that if we chose to bury them in lag, you or anybody else would do anything.
If you think Lagos is your papa's land, go and claim any plot of land belonging to an Igboman, only then would you understand that Lagos does
not bebelong to you alone.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha and not where you have your mansions and other property. Omo forget it lagos is not for you go back home and develop your erosion gotten villages. Everybody in Nigeria knows that the major problem in ibo land is land itself,they can kill because of it. tongue tongue
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 25, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

We are sorry. embarassed
don't provoke me o! Why feel sorry? The 1diot said rubbish about your tribe and all you could do is to feel sorry? Oh am disappointed.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 25, 2015
Doncolio:
I just pity the innocent igbo business man in Alaba market that doesn't know his children are on nairaland fuelling the fire that might end up burning his shops.

Igbos be wise, learn from other tribes.
learn what from other tribes?
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Jman06(m): 11:49pm On Apr 25, 2015
IYANGBALI:
hahahahahahahahahahahaha and not where you have your mansions and other property. Omo forget it lagos is not for you go back home and develop your erosion gotten villages. Everybody in Nigeria knows that the major problem in ibo land is land itself,they can kill because of it. tongue tongue
Ignorance at its worst state! where in igboland have you been to
fyi, land is never a problem in ala Igbo. u funny sha grin
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Jokay07(m): 12:00am On Apr 26, 2015
write2obi:
.With all due respect, i disagree with most of the things you said here,
I will try to answer some of your questions, but before I do, let me remind you that Lagos was a state capital and was developed with Nigerians money, so it belongs to all of us, Lagos will not be what it is today if not for all our efforts. Nigeria should develop Enugu as much as they developed Abuja and Lagos and let's see if we would not move back home, give us an international airport and a standard seaport
*Kano is not called a no mans land because it was not once a state capital,
Let me ask you,
*how would you feel if someone wakes up tomorrow and start telling you that Abuja belongs to his father or grand father ?
igorance is blissful and yes Abuja is the federal capital but if Nigeria ceases to exit, Abuja practically and traditionally belongs to the North and even politically. If they use federal resources to renovate your family house doesn't mean that it's no man's place or if the federal capital is rotated throughout the whole 36 states in Nigeria, does it make all the 36 states 'no man's land' ? Lesson 1. As far as Nigeria is concern, no state ever existed on its own without some traces of historical or traditional background, no state or place fell from heaven. chew that and take this. Your statement holds a very high percentage of ignorance. In a multi ethnic settings like Nigeria, If Anambra state or Borno state become the federal capital today, that doesn't erase its historical and traditional prints. Chew this also, Lesson 2. Any place/region/state or venue that has a traditional king and chiefs can never be referred to as ''no man's land'' no matter the influence of democracy in that place but We are enjoying the shield of democracy which gives every citizen a equal level playing ground in every states and Please make no mistake again to call any place in Nigeria 'no man's land' just because of the political influnce. Politics brings us together not history. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Duru1(m): 12:01am On Apr 26, 2015
pak:

Please, I do not intend to join issues in the main discussion of this thread for now but we need to set a record straight.....
Ilaje LGA in Ondo state is one of the major oil producing areas in Nigeria and it is in Yoruba land.
Infact crude oil was first discovered in Araromi (a village in Ilaje land) by the Germans in 1908. As against Oloibori as claimed, it was just that commercial exploration didn't start immediately there

Cc: whitecat1

Germans did not explore for crude oil in Nigeria or the protectorates. Shell D'Arcy started exploration in the protectorate in what is known today as Ondo in 1948.

2 Likes

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by IYANGBALI: 12:36am On Apr 26, 2015
Jman06:
Ignorance at its worst state! where in igboland have you been to
fyi, land is never a problem in ala Igbo. u funny sha grin
shenedu I hear you grin

1 Like

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Rotimi47: 4:15am On Apr 26, 2015
write2obi:
.With all due respect, i disagree with most of the things you said here,
I will try to answer some of your questions, but before I do, let me remind you that Lagos was a state capital and was developed with Nigerians money, so it belongs to all of us, Lagos will not be what it is today if not for all our efforts. Nigeria should develop Enugu as much as they developed Abuja and Lagos and let's see if we would not move back home, give us an international airport and a standard seaport
*Kano is not called a no mans land because it was not once a state capital,
Let me ask you,
*how would you feel if someone wakes up tomorrow and start telling you that Abuja belongs to his father or grand father ?
your post I dispute! Calabar was the first capital of Nigeria before it was moved to Lagos so why ain't you people calling calabar a NO MAN'S land? I believed that since you people still don't want to change it is better you have it one day which I believe will be in no distant future. Just continue with all your wrong assumptions! Why don't you claim Washington, Tokyo etc as a No Man's land? You Igbo's are the main problem of Nigeria, likewise you people are the problem of South Africa as the South Africans have come out to say that igbos call their land is a no man's land & they commit more crimes than any other people residing in South Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by Rotimi47: 4:27am On Apr 26, 2015
Alfamann:

Why should I live in Lagos?
So because I don't live in Lagos, you can drown my people and go scot free? Think again. Try and see. The next Igbo that will drown in your lagoon even by accident will be the end of your useless race. Tiger fighter.
you will be seriously dealt with easily by the Yorubas as we dealt with you people when you invaded Ore in Ondo State during the Civil war which happen to be were you suffered your largest casualties & it lead to your defeat in the civil war; we are patiently waiting for you Igbos to make the same silly mistake by making a move against us again! Talk is cheap as you people are known to talk the talk but can't make the move; try us again & end up being refugees in Cameroon & equatorial Guinea. Flat heads pronouncing oil as Oyel. World most stupid race.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by TCUBE(m): 4:59am On Apr 26, 2015
What upsets indigenes of Lagos like me who can trace their roots as far back as 135 years is the notion that Lagos is a no man's land. The phase "no man's land" should only be used when we start to practice true federalism in Nigeria. In other words, all lands in Nigeria are all "no man's land". This is the reality our brothers from the east find intricate to decipher. Lagos is a no man's land by virtue of being in Nigeria and not a former capital which in turn makes Onitsha and Abia also a no man's land.
Re: A Plea For Peace Between The Igbo & Yoruba by whitecat1: 7:12pm On Apr 29, 2015
Wow!
Duru1:

Germans did not explore for crude oil in Nigeria or the protectorates. Shell D'Arcy started exploration in the protectorate in what is known today as Ondo in 1948.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

I Am Probing Amaechi Same Way Buhari Is Scrutinizing Jonathan’s Tenure – Wike / Miyetti Allah: We Plan To Attend Amotekun Public Hearing On Monday / 2023 Elections: Nigerians Will Rejoice, Says Kumuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.