Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,384 members, 7,958,081 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

Ads By Name Virus! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Ads By Name Virus! (1595 Views)

How To Remove The Shortcut Virus From A Flash Drive. / How To Recover Hidden Files From Virus Infected USB Drive / Best Anti-virus For Your Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ads By Name Virus! by Activityj(m): 10:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Hi everyone, i was hit by ads by name virus, an adware virus that pop your laptop screen with tons of adverts! I have done all i could do, but to no avail! Any solution on how to stop this virus will be welcome.
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by fattbabakay(m): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2015
check d name of d virus, den head to control panel nd uninstall it....lobatan!
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by felixchip(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2015
fattbabakay:
check d name of d virus, den head to control panel nd uninstall it....lobatan!

How do you get to know the name of the virus?
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by dodobytes: 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
felixchip:

Download MALWAREBYTES FREE,update and run a threat scan.

Download SUPERANTISPYWARE,update and run a full scan.
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by felixchip(m): 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
dodobytes:

Download MALWAREBYTES FREE,update and run a threat scan.

Download SUPERANTISPYWARE,update and run a full scan.

Thank you.
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by dodobytes: 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
felixchip:

Thank you.

Uwc..also make sure ur AntiVirus is up to date...Avast Free or Avira Free would do just fine.
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by felixchip(m): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
dodobytes:

Uwc..also make sure ur AntiVirus is up to date...Avast Free or Avira Free would do just fine.

Thanks man.
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by dodobytes: 6:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
felixchip:

Thanks man.

my pleasure
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by Activityj(m): 4:55am On Apr 08, 2015
Thanks everyone, i have done all of the above but the thing is still coming up! Any other solution?
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by dodobytes: 7:19am On Apr 08, 2015
Activityj:
Thanks everyone, i have done all of the above but the thing is still coming up! Any other solution?

uninstall any AntiVirus software u have..install Avast free and run a boot scan.

Also try scanning with malwarebytes n superantispyware in safe mode,not simultaneously though.
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by Activityj(m): 7:28am On Apr 08, 2015
@dodobytes! I appreciate you
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by dodobytes: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
Activityj:
@dodobytes! I appreciate you

thx brother!
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by bedfordng(m): 3:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
is it poping up on you web browser or computer.if its on your web browser, then check your addon and plugins extensions and remove any unusual app there.if its on your pc, then go to uninstall panel and find the app to uninstall.some apps are not malware so malware cannot detect it.even antivirus cannot detect it either because some came with a software you downloaded and installed without going through the software set up to untick or tick some selected options
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by dodobytes: 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
lemme quickly add to what bedfordng said,to be sure it is not a malicios addon or browser plugin,"scan for browser addons" using avast free and that should rid you of any addon nasties..cheers!
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by fattbabakay(m): 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
felixchip:

it'll be on the ads...somtin like "ads by adsave"...Den search 4 adsave in d installed programs.
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by felixchip(m): 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2015
O boy, this thing been dey my system for a Very Long time.
I just checked my Add-ons and saw the idiot "uniisales" and removed it.
Guys, thank you so so much.
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by Activityj(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2015
Thank you all once more! I have gotten ride of the virus. I'm happy that all our input is helping someone out there!
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by dodobytes: 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
felixchip:
O boy, this thing been dey my system for a Very Long time.
I just checked my Add-ons and saw the idiot "uniisales" and removed it.
Guys, thank you so so much.

anytime bro..
Re: Ads By Name Virus! by dodobytes: 12:01am On Apr 29, 2015
Activityj:
Thank you all once more! I have gotten ride of the virus. I'm happy that all our input is helping someone out there!

uwc bro..

(1) (Reply)

US Used HP Elitebook 2570p Core I5 / #Sold# Macbook Pro 15” 2018 core i7, touch bar / Used Laptops From USA For Urgent Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.