Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends (1011 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga / Yoruba Politicians Are Smarter Than Their Igbo Counterparts: Oba Of Lagos Saga / Seun Kuti Speaks On Oba Of Lagos Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by Francis5: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
''ANY Igbo MAN WHO VOTES FOR PDP IN LAGOS WILL BE DROWNED IN THE LAGOON BY THE gods OF LAGOS STATE''......Oba of Lagos

My question is this:

SO WHAT HAPPENS TO ANY YORUBA WHO VOTES FOR PDP IN LAGOS STATE? WILL THEY ALSO BE DROWNED, OR THEY WILL GO SCOT-FREE AS PER ''OWNERS'' OF THE LAND?
Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
What u cannot do in Onitsha.don't try it here...or u shall see "mewa ni duniya"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by Francis5: 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
soe:

Please can you explain what it is that Igbos cannot do in Onitsha

The issue surrounding the Oba's stupid outburst is whether Igbos in Lagos should vote PDP or APC, and whether the Oba should decide for them on who to vote.

Are you saying Igbos cannot vote for PDP in Onitsha?
Are you saying Igbos in Onitsha must vote APC?
Are you saying Igbos cannot disobey the king of Onitsha?

which one is it?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by Francis5: 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
soe:

SO WHAT HAPPENS TO ANY YORUBA WHO VOTES FOR PDP IN LAGOS STATE? WILL THEY ALSO BE DROWNED, OR THEY WILL GO SCOT-FREE AS PER ''OWNERS'' OF THE LAND?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
Francis5:

Please can you explain what it is that Igbos cannot do in Onitsha

The issue surrounding the Oba's stupid outburst is whether Igbos in Lagos should vote PDP or APC, and whether the Oba should decide for them on who to vote.

Are you saying Igbos cannot vote for PDP in Onitsha?
Are you saying Igbos in Onitsha must vote APC?
Are you saying Igbos cannot disobey the king of Onitsha?

which one is it?
all of the above.. But most importantly.. Igbos cannot allow a group of yorubas decide for them who rules. Don't make it look obvious that Yorubas now have to beg the igbos on the choice of a leader. No one wants to be a slave in his own home

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
Francis5:

that is democracy... But don't let it look like a tribal gang up ..afyer we acvomodated you and integrated you..why the gang up.. That is how he feels
Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by OluwaChinenyenwa: 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
The yorubas will be given honorary awards for voting pdp.. It doesnt matter, they are the owner of the land..
Weyreys
Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:57pm On Apr 07, 2015
We're all taking this matter too far thanks to PDP. My question to u OP is that who were those who clapped and laughed jokingly when the Oba made such statements?

It was clearly a joke gone bad. Even Pat Utomi confirmed it.
It just goes to show you can start up a fight between Nigerian tribes with very little sentiments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by oduastates: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
That yoruba is a bastard. No if ,No buts.
A convict will never be allowed to rule lagos state.
We are drowning what remains of PDP in the SW In the lagoon .
Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by dazangel11(f): 6:13pm On Apr 07, 2015
if the Igbo are annoying and tribal sentimental backward why not give them their Biafra and let them go that way you can chase them out of your land
Re: Oba Of Lagos Saga: Question For My Yoruba Friends by queenetteada: 12:16am On Apr 09, 2015
soe:

don't take it personal my brother, na PDP bring this issue of tribalism come lagos and am sure the youths of lagos will prove to them that we are united people in lagos irrespective of the tribe. lets all vote for APC that our unity continue in lagos

(1) (Reply)

Singer Alleges Discrepancies In Abia Governorship Elections / Nigeria's Overpaid Legislators / REVEALED! INEC Awarded 5 Times Of Total Accredited Voters To Wike As Valid Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.