Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,916 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 (7917 Views)

Interesting Facts You Probably Don't Know About The Fast&Furious Franchise. / Who Is Your Favorite Driver In The New Fast & Furious 7 Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
Interesting facts about Fast & Furious 7

[img]http://hype.my/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Furious-7.jpg[/img]

One of the newest movies at the cinemas today is the latest in the Fast & Furious franchise, the seventh episode. Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and his friends (family, he may prefer to call them) come up against an enemy (Shaw) who seeks vengenance for his brother. The stakes are high and Toretto must stop Shaw before he gets to them. This stunt-packed movie features a lot of breath-taking action scenes and car-crashing episodes, almost upping the last of the franchise, Furious 6 and any other Hollywood movie you can think of. Well, at least according to the trailer. So, I had to go see it!

After seeing this movie at Genesis (poor cinema, btw), I found it didn’t really meet all the hype it generated. However, I wouldn’t claim I wasn’t stunned by the many death-defying episodes which almost characterize the movie. Two things stood out for me: the photography & the car-crashing stunts. No doubt the director of photography did a majestic work, almost revolutionary with the angles and the style of accompanying falls & crashes, he also did carry the audience along. Most importantly though, the car-crashing stunts left me with many questions I had to find answers to. And boy! Was I shocked to learn many of them were actually real? I’d tell you about that right now, and you wouldn’t believe it if you have also seen the movie.

1. That part where Toretto & his crew dropped their cars out of the plane and parachuted to the ground? Well, looks like it happened. They did drop cars out of the plane, but of course empty cars. Skydivers & helicopters recorded the scene with the cars coming out of the plane. But Toretto & his guys were never in the cars. To simulate the last part where the cars landed on the windy road with the drivers speeding away, they had the drivers seat in the cars and dropped them only 6-8 feet off the ground.

Cars dropping out of the plane

Skydivers going after the cars

2. The part where Brian (Paul Walker) jumped off the bus and held onto Letty’s car? Well, they did that too. With safety harnesses holding everyone up though, just in case of trouble. The bus itself was held down to the ground, allowing time for Brian to walk on it to safety. Letty’s car was rigged with a safety harness to prevent it from going over the cliff as it spurned around. Brian did jump and held onto Letty’s car and the bus did make its way down the 160-foot cliff. They used a stunt double for Paul in this scene. Insurance reasons.

3. That car jumping through the Etihad towers? Well, it did jump through a tower, but certainly not the Etihad towers. They had a 40-foot glass building built in a sound studio and actually jumped the car through it. The car, meanwhile, is a Lykan Hypersport (only 7 built worldwide) and costs a whopping $3.4 million. It has custom rubies and diamonds in its headlights and a gold-plated roof. Did they actually use this car? Err...nope! They had a replica built which turned out almost identical to the actual car. It was built the same company that produced the original cars and you couldn’t tell the difference.

They didn't film it at the Etihad towers & that's actually a "Lykan Hypersport"

The Lykan Hypersport flying through the purpose-built 40-foot tower

4. They crashed about 230 cars in this movie, including latest model Mercedes Benz AMGs & high utility sports vehicle.

5. The part where Shaw & Toretto crashed into each other during their duel? Well, that did happen for real too, except no one was in the cars. And they actually crashed the Maserati Ghibli which Shaw was driving. Actual car? Well, replica most likely. According to the director, you’d have to build replicas of these cars just in case in the scene didn’t turn out the way you wanted them. Then you could repeat again.

6. One last thing: Paul Walker died before the filming ended. In addition to using Paul's brothers, they created a digital Paul Walker to finish this movie. There is no where this is more apparent than at the last shot of the movie where Toretto & Brian race together on an empty road before parting ways. If you had a movie eye, you’d know Paul Walker wasn’t there at all!

Hope you find this a good read.

If you don't see this movie for anything, please see it for the car crashing smiley

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
Please where can I download a good one from, the one I have has poor audio.
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oxasbi:
Please where can I download a good one from, the one I have has poor audio.
Dont encourage piracy. Pay to see the movie, bros.
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by joywendy(f): 11:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
goofyone:

but its cheaper na lipsrsealed grin
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
joywendy:

but its cheaper na lipsrsealed grin
So, you guilty too grin
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by joywendy(f): 11:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
goofyone:

So, you guilty too grin

Desperate times call for desperate measures grin
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
joywendy:

Desperate times call for desperate measures grin
Haha

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by cococandy(f): 3:26am On Apr 08, 2015
This was my best fast and furious of all.
It was all the more touching because paul died and it was for him.
I teared up a little during the last scenes. I know, embarrassing embarassed

You should have seen how the theaters were packed full because everyone wanted to see Paul's last act.

goofyone:
Interesting facts about Fast & Furious 7 :

One of the newest movies at the cinemas today is the latest in the Fast & Furious franchise, the seventh episode. Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) and his friends (family, he may prefer to call them) come up against an enemy (Shaw) who seeks vengenance for his brother. The stakes are high and Toretto must stop Shaw before he gets to them. This stunt-packed movie features a lot of breath-taking action scenes and car-crashing episodes, almost upping the last of the franchise, Furious 6 and any other Hollywood movie you can think of. Well, at least according to the trailer. So, I had to go see it!

After seeing this movie at Genesis (poor cinema, btw), I found it didn’t really meet all the hype it generated. However, I wouldn’t claim I wasn’t stunned by the many death-defying episodes which almost characterize the movie. Two things stood out for me: the photography & the car-crashing stunts. No doubt the director of photography did a majestic work, almost revolutionary with the angles and the style of accompanying falls & crashes, he also did carry the audience along. Most importantly though, the car-crashing stunts left me with many questions I had to find answers to. And boy! Was I shocked to learn many of them were actually real? I’d tell you about that right now, and you wouldn’t believe it if you have also seen the movie.

1. That part where Toretto & his crew dropped their cars out of the plane and parachuted to the ground? Well, looks like it happened. They did drop cars out of the plane, but of course empty cars. Skydivers & helicopters recorded the scene with the cars coming out of the plane. But Toretto & his guys were never in the cars. To simulate the last part where the cars landed on the windy road with the drivers speeding away, they had the drivers seat in the cars and dropped them only 6-8 feet off the ground.

2. The part where Brian (Paul Walker) jumped off the bus and held onto Letty’s car? Well, they did that too. With safety harnesses holding everyone up though, just in case of trouble. The bus itself was held down to the ground, allowing time for Brian to walk on it to safety. Letty’s car was rigged with a safety harness to prevent it from going over the cliff as it spurned around. Brian did jump and held onto Letty’s car and the bus did make its way down the 160-foot cliff. They used a stunt double for Paul in this scene. Insurance reasons.

[

3. That car jumping through the Etihad towers? Well, it did jump through a tower, but certainly not the Etihad towers. They had a 40-foot glass building built in a sound studio and actually jumped the car through it. The car, meanwhile, is a Lykan Hypersport (only 7 built worldwide) and costs a whopping $3.4 million. It has custom rubies and diamonds in its headlights and a gold-plated roof. Did they actually use this car? Err...nope! They had a replica built which turned out almost identical to the actual car. It was built the same company that produced the original cars and you couldn’t tell the difference.

4. They crashed about 230 cars in this movie, including latest model Mercedes Benz AMGs & high utility sports vehicle.

5. The part where Shaw & Toretto crashed into each other during their duel? Well, that did happen for real too, except no one was in the cars. And they actually crashed an Aston Martin DB9 which Shaw was driving. Actual car? Well, replica most likely. According to the director, you’d have to build replicas of these cars just in case in the scene didn’t turn out the way you wanted them. Then you could repeat again.

6. One last thing: Paul Walker died before the filming ended. In addition to using Paul's brothers, they created a digital Paul Walker to finish this movie. There is no where this is more apparent than at the last shot of the movie where Toretto & Brian race together on an empty road before parting ways. If you had a movie eye, you’d know Paul Walker wasn’t there at all.

Hope you find this a good read.

If you don't see this movie for anything, please see it for the car crashing smiley
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 3:35am On Apr 08, 2015
cococandy:
This was my best fast and furious of all.
It was all the more touching because paul died and it was for him.
I teared up a little during the last scenes. I know, embarrassing embarassed

You should have seen how the theaters were packed full because everyone wanted to see Paul's last act.

Yeah, true. Vin Diesel pretty much dedicated the whole thing to him. And i learned he's named his daughter "Pauline", still for Paul.

It's okay to tear up a little. We all do from time to time smiley

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by cococandy(f): 3:52am On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

Yeah, true. Vin Diesel pretty much dedicated the whole thing to him. And i learned he's named his daughter "Pauline", still for Paul.

It's okay to tear up a little. We all do from time to time smiley
aww. He did?
How ironic Paul died in a crash too.

All in all the movie was great although they could have done with a little less destruction grin
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 4:02am On Apr 08, 2015
cococandy:
aww. He did?
How ironic Paul died in a crash too.

All in all the movie was great although they could have done with a little less destruction grin

Yeah, i think he did. http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/03/23/vin-diesel-daughter-pauline-in-honor-of-paul-walker/

Little less destruction? Please, no na. The destruction part was what i found most entertaining. The plot was rubbish as far as i could see. You didn't like the car crashing?
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by cococandy(f): 4:29am On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

Yeah, i think he did. http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/03/23/vin-diesel-daughter-pauline-in-honor-of-paul-walker/

Little less destruction? Please, no na. The destruction part was what i found most entertaining. The plot was rubbish as far as i could see. You didn't like the car crashing?

I loved the racing scenes but not so much the crashing.
I think it's a guy thing. Guys loved it. cheesy
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 5:07am On Apr 08, 2015
cococandy:

I loved the racing scenes but not so much the crashing.
I think it's a guy thing. Guys loved it. cheesy
Sure, i did and very well too.
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by maximilano: 7:06am On Apr 08, 2015
Nice one OP, referring to No 5 Shaw drove a maserati ghibli...good job though

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by UjSizzle(f): 7:43am On Apr 08, 2015
The plane scene was kiss And na wa o that stunt was mad.

Don't particularly care about storylines in adrenaline packed movies. I want the shootings, racing, funny conversations, stunts, car bashings and the emotional moments too (yeah I blinked back tears).

P.S I still don't understand how Shaw kept tracking them, when he wasn't in possession of God's eye biko nu.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 08, 2015
goofyone:

Am not encouraging piracy, I don't av time for cinemas. Even if the dvd is out more than 95% of it are still pirated copies. So am neither at the forefront, the middle nor the back end of piracy.
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 08, 2015
maximilano:
Nice one OP, referring to No 5 Shaw drove a maserati ghibli...good job though
Yes you right. He drove the aston Martin at the second game of chicken. Thanks for pointing that out.
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 08, 2015
UjSizzle:

P.S I still don't understand how Shaw kept tracking them, when he wasn't in possession of God's eye biko nu.

I also thought that was one of the heavy flaws in the movie's plot. And since he was always finding them, why did they have to go find him with God's Eye all over again? Couldn't they have just waited for him to show up?
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by prof800(m): 1:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
Not sentimental by nature, but these last scenes really tugged at my heart strings. Adieu Paul Walker.

Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by LordReed(m): 7:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
@goofyone

I haven't seen the film just read a synopsis. Is the name Jakande pronounced like the way we pronounce it in Nigeria?
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
LordReed:
@goofyone

I haven't seen the film just read a synopsis. Is the name Jakande pronounced like the way we pronounce it in Nigeria?
Definitely not. More like an American trying his best would pronounce it. I was quite surprised to see that name come up though.
You should take time out to see it. Quite a nice movie.
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Dyt(f): 9:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
For Paul

cry cry
Re: Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
i cried during d last scene

(1) (Reply)

What Time Is Wwe On Etv Startimes / Who Is The Worst Cry-baby In Nollywood? / Twilight Saga: New Moon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.