Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin (13740 Views)

CV Format For A Customer Service Job Application / Nairalanders Epic reply to a UAE Job scam / Federal Civil Service Job April 15, 2015 Mass Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Below is the conversation between me and the scammer impersonating the customs CG. Pls beware guys. Dont fall a victim of desperation. Read the conversation from down to up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
The said customs CG Profile being impersonated.

1 Share

Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
uboma

davide470

Fp pls.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by kachnov(m): 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
The moment he said I should contact a so-called recruitment officer,I just knew it was a scam .
The sad thing is,he/she is impersonating a real person cus I checked up the profile on google.

Guys be careful,apparently more than one profile is being impersonated on LinkedIn .

Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
kachnov:
The moment he said I should contact a so-called recruitment officer,I just knew it was a scam .
The sad thing is,he/she is impersonating a real person cus I checked up the profile on google.
Guys be careful.

Yeah, d perpetrator is impersonating a real person. Thats d customs CG name n d profile looks much like the CG is the one operating it. I don reply d idiot with curses from igbo, hausa, yoruba plus ibibio join. I hope people dont fall for if outta desperation.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by kachnov(m): 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
ellad2k4eva:

Yeah, d perpetrator is impersonating a real person. Thats d customs CG name n d profile looks much like the CG is the one operating it. I don reply d idiot with curses from igbo, hausa, yoruba plus ibibio join. I hope people dont fall for if outta desperation.

Yea,mine is impersonating the perm sec of the min. of works.Thank God for NL,I don't see myself falling for cheap scams even if its from a Barack Obama profile.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
kachnov:

Yea,mine is impersonating the perm sec of the min. of works.Thank God for NL,I don't see myself falling for cheap scams even if its from a Barack Obama profile.

Definitely. God be our strength...
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2015
@ kachnov , i went tru his connections n i could see very important personality, makes me wonder if those people were also impersonated or they are real people thinking they av d real customs CG in their connections.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by kachnov(m): 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
ellad2k4eva:
@ kachnov , i went tru his connections n i could see very important personality, makes me wonder if those people were also impersonated or they are real people thinking they av d real customs CG in their connections.

Yea,I also pondered on mine.Since he had well over 500 connection and is impersonating the ministry of works perm sec,he could as well pull off some contract scams with this gimmick.

FP mods,to save the unsuspecting populace.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
kachnov:

Yea,I also pondered on mine.Since he had well over 500 connection and is impersonating the ministry of works perm sec,he could as well pull off some contract scams with this gimmick.

FP mods,to save the unsuspecting populace.

Wahala dey naija ooo. And i can bet people still fall for scams like this oooo.

Cc uboma, davide470, ishilove

Fp pls.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
I guess others that got same message might have one or two things to contribute.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by kachnov(m): 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
ellad2k4eva:

Wahala dey naija ooo. And i can bet people still fall for scams like this oooo.

Cc uboma, davide470
Fp pls.

Yup,greedy illogical people And non-NLers grin
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by kachnov(m): 9:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
ellad2k4eva:
I guess others that got same message might have one or two things to contribute.

Some will do it OYO ,so they could quickly land the job with less competition.
He will add you by himself,and contact you first.I guess he's targeting unemployed fresh grads.
sad if anyone falls for this.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by johnstar(m): 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
K
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by ednut1(m): 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
some people will still fall for the scam, only thing that can save us if buhari and ambode provide the so call jobs they promised, which u and i know say na fairytale
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Gombs(m): 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
9ja sef.

Scam Oyibo, scam ourselves, when these people go scam CBN?

Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Burger01(m): 2:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
Yeah, I know that of Dr. Abubakar Koro Muhammad. Scammers. They all use same format smiley
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by shehuAO: 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
There are all criminals .
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by tucky200(m): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Desperate scammers seeking to make money from desperate job seekers....well very soon it will stop coz change has come...say no to corruption
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by steffans(m): 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
OK.. But guys sef fall for every thing....

A guy once called me.. Telling me he wants to secure a job for me in customs.. I asked him.. Why he choose me.. He said it was God that directed him to me.. I started preaching to him.. And I called his full names as truecaller brought it out for me.. The guy was shocked...

To cut the long story short.. I told him my younger brother works in customs and the pay is not so good... Just 87k for a graduate.. If u are not posted in a correct office or location.. That's what u will be left with.. So why are guys crazy over customs??

1 Like

Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Dude come on!!! you want him to lose his job?

His Scamming job? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by eleko1: 2:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
sad BY the time they jail 1/8 peeps like dis,I believe scammers/fraudster will think twice b4 they perpetuate their nefarious trade.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by bobcharly(m): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
noted
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Wendyslim(f): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
Na Wah ooooo.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Hadizam: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pls, I want to use this medium to appeal to the
the federal ministry of works to pay the salary
arrears of our brothers/sisters, My brother is
among the newly recruited engineers in the
ministry but they have not been paid their salary
arrears of October, 2011 to April, 2013 that is
almost nineteen (19) months.
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Tolubory(m): 2:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
If i say i understand wetin you narrated so, o boy nah lie.
Sleep just dey my eyes...
no vex o....
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Wow! shocked

Death by sir! Please drop the too many sirs next time its just to much! cool

1 Like

Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by aniagoluaustin(m): 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
yahoo boys at work..
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Ahmed4002(m): 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Abeg give me the scammer number.
Promotion smelling with this your thread.

grin
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by crixlight2(m): 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
What is this all about... trash
Re: Beware: Nigeria Custom Service Job Scam On Linkedin by Seye25(m): 3:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
I got something like this on my linkedin yesterday. The contact was sending chats to me but was busy to respond. this is fraud truly. Thanks for alerting us. Cos i dont even know any single person in that commission

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Prison Service Job Good For Married Women? / Axxela Graduate Trainees Program 2019 / 5 Creative And Effective Ways To Find A Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.