Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Around The World In 80 Faiths - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Around The World In 80 Faiths (669 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Is God Unfair To Those Raised In Other Faiths? Muslim View Point / Stop The Attacks On Other Faiths! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Around The World In 80 Faiths by mantraa: 5:22pm On Jan 26, 2009
I have been watching this very interesting, informative and well made documentary on the bbc called "Around the world in 80 faiths". It is hosted by a Christian priest called Peter Owen Jones and is very enlightening, whilst also being respectful of all the various different beliefs of our fellow humans.

The episode on Africa, i found truly amazing and awe inspiring, and last weeks one on the middle east was equally informative and fascinating. Next weeks episode is all about North America ( i cant wait to see that one!).

If anyone is interested in watching it you can see it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00glqx9

or here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PxZ7_rEaQ

Enjoy smiley
Re: Around The World In 80 Faiths by PastorAIO: 11:29am On Jan 27, 2009
The look on that puppy's face still haunts me. Owen Jones tried sha. I can't imagine a nigerian priest going where he went.
Re: Around The World In 80 Faiths by huxley(m): 11:51am On Jan 27, 2009
Have been watching too and have found very interesting. Just shows how inventive humans are with respect to dreaming up new religions and gods.

Did you see the bits about the persecuted followers of John the Baptist, some of whose followers now have sought refuge in Australia?
Re: Around The World In 80 Faiths by PastorAIO: 12:56pm On Jan 27, 2009
huxley:

Have been watching too and have found very interesting. Just shows how inventive humans are with respect to dreaming up new religions and gods.

Did you see the bits about the persecuted followers of John the Baptist, some of whose followers now have sought refuge in Australia?

No, but last night I saw the one about the religion of John Frum, and the American flag on the island of Tanner.

(1) (Reply)

Is Christianity Superior To All Other Faiths? / International 6 Month Scholarship / Tony Blair, Catholic Convert, Takes On Vatican's Stance Toward Gays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.