Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,541 members, 7,955,010 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:23 PM

How To Prevent Chronic Kidney Diseases - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Prevent Chronic Kidney Diseases (781 Views)

I Lost My Friend To Chronic Kidney Disease, His Last Whatsapp Chat With Me / 6 Diseases That Could Embarrass You In The Public / 10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Prevent Chronic Kidney Diseases by Sam94(f): 7:17am On Apr 08, 2015
1. Drink lots of water to flush out wastes. Drinking water also helps lower the chances of kidney stones and infections.

2. Keep your blood pressure in the target range. Weight control, exercise, and drugs can control blood pressure—and prevent or slow the risk of kidney failure. Also, blood pressure drugs in the ACE-inhibitor and ARB class help slow down a loss of protein in the urine and protect the kidneys. Blood pressure puts a lot of stress on your kidneys. If you have high blood pressure and any other kidney problem, treating your blood pressure will help protect your kidneys.

3. If you have diabetes, keep your blood sugar in the target range. Weight control, exercise, medication, and tight control of blood sugar can prevent or slow the risk of kidney failure.

4. Have blockages (e.g., narrowed arteries) treated. Sometimes blockages can be opened to help save function in a blocked kidney. If you think you have a blockage, ask your doctor what can be done about it.
Take steps to prevent kidney stones if you are prone to them.

5. Take steps to prevent infections if you are prone to them.

6. Check with your doctor to see if there is a special diet you should be on such as low protein, low salt (sodium), and low phosphorus.

7. Avoid kidney known toxins (over dosage of painkillers, smoking)

8. Last but not the least, visit your doctor regularly for kidney dialysis.

For a free medical quote contact me
visit our site
www.travcure.com

Hope you all have a healthy day! smiley

Re: How To Prevent Chronic Kidney Diseases by Acekidc4(m): 7:20am On Apr 08, 2015
Thank you Op for this useful piece of Life saving Information!!

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Chronic Kidney Diseases by Sam94(f): 10:18am On Apr 08, 2015
My pleasure Acekidc4!
Re: How To Prevent Chronic Kidney Diseases by cy4cent(f): 3:54am On Apr 09, 2015
Op thank you so much, just 3 weeks back I had an experience of what you said.
I woke up one morning n had severe pains on my lower abdomen n back , it was so severe i was rushed to the hospital, at the emergency unit, i was praying it shouldn't be a sickness particular to Nigeria, cos there are cases of Nigerians dying from malaria, cos they don't know malaria in some countries.
I couldn't support myself , I was restless. a lot of tests were carried out, n I was on drip all the while,
Lo n behold it was an infection , n it affected my kidney!!!!
urinalysis result showed so much bacteria.
I was placed on drugs for one week, though very expensive.
here are some of the advise I was given by the doctor:
1. avoid salty n sweet things
2.Do not restrain urine, whenever you are pressed do it immediately
3. drink at LEAST 4 litres of water a day
4.Use a particular vagina wash.
5.women are very prone to infections, cos they have an open area , he advised to always go for check ups maybe once in 2-3 months.

note: this was after they have checked that vital signs were OK.

pls let's not wait to be down first before we do these things d op n I listed here, they are not difficult n could save us a whole lot of Cash n stress!!!

1 Like

Re: How To Prevent Chronic Kidney Diseases by Sam94(f): 5:44am On Apr 11, 2015
Hi cy4cent!

Me too have been there sad I had kidney stone, quite a bad experience I had.

Hope you are doing fine now and yes keep drinking lots of water smiley
Re: How To Prevent Chronic Kidney Diseases by cy4cent(f): 6:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Sam94:
Hi cy4cent!

Me too have been there sad I had kidney stone, quite a bad experience I had.

Hope you are doing fine now and yes keep drinking lots of water smiley

yeah ,m better now.

(1) (Reply)

Hair Loss Laser Treatment Therapy For Men / Please Help! I Sweat Alot / Baby Born With 4 Arms And Legs Worshipped As Deity In India (graphics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.