Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States (6972 Views)

Osinbanjo Will Never Be President And Neither Will Any Other Yoruba Man For That / Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You / Enroute Ebonyi From Enugu (lets See If They Are Backward As Purported)- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by RareDiamond: 11:04am On Apr 08, 2015
It is no longer news that the great Igbo people are true promoters of unity in Nigeria with the Igbos developing far away lands where they reside across Nigeria and West Africa. The wisdom, intelligence, brilliance, tolerance and ingenuity of the hard working Igbo people are not in doubt.

Lagos have been and is still the major non Igbo state beneficiary of Igbo developmental contributions with Igbos rapidly developing the real estate, commercial, manufacturing, entertainment, education and other socioeconomic structures of Lagos State. Thereby, greatly boosting the Lagos economy by the income generated from huge Igbo paid tax, provision of employment opportunities for Lagos residents by the large number of Igbo Industrialist and business men and women, provision of luxury and affordable accommodation which beautify Lagos unlike other Yoruba states, provision of social amenities like potable water, roads, health care and scholarships by the Igbos to Lagos resident as well as boost the quality of education by provision of quality private schools.

One of the major reason Lagos is the economic center of Nigeria is because the Igbos developed the manufacturing sector and control the Lagos markets and continue to invest and spend on the Lagos economy thereby improving the overall purchasing power of the Lagos economy.

I make bold to state that Lagos would have been under developed like other Yoruba states if not for the numerous vital Igbo contributions to its economy. Ask yourself why Abeokuta and Ibadan is backward and under developed despite being close to Lagos and being Yoruba regional headquarter respectively.

15 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by ayowonder(m): 11:14am On Apr 08, 2015
tell me which ibo state is as developed as lagos

25 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by matrixme(m): 11:23am On Apr 08, 2015
Though I honestly sympathize with Igbo's at this time over what Oba Akiolu and indeed Kunle Afolayan said, but that should not stop me from giving you an appropriate reply.
Firstly, it's understandable that Igbo people like placing themselves over others. There are more than 200 ethnic groups represented in this Nigeria, but you really have the guts to term yourself as the 'great Igbo tribe'. What makes you think you're tribally superior?
Also, do you really mean other Yoruba States are truly backward? Have you considered the modern Ibadan, Oyo state that is currently an investor's haven? What of Ogun state that has the highest number of universities in Nigeria? Do you know how sterling that quality is? Ondo state is another oil-producing state that is currently Underutilizing her potentials... among others
I read one Igbo guy's comment to a post yesterday that said most Yoruba people don't leave their home zone, claiming 'ile baba mii'. I just observed with pity, how unenlightened such comment was. The modernist Yoruba person has recognized that their home land is going grey (as a result of overdevelopment) and as such have begun the exodus to far-away lands. Please swallow your pride and observe things more critically. Some words are better left unsaid!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by RareDiamond: 11:29am On Apr 08, 2015
The burden is on you to tell which yor0ba state is a quarter as developed as Lagos ? Below are pictures of Ibadan the regional capital of the y0robas which is a big under developed slum.

ayowonder:
tell me which ibo state is as developed as lagos

9 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by WisdomFlakes: 11:30am On Apr 08, 2015
You people will never learn with this your chest-beating and supremacist tendencies. Go and replicate Lagos in the SE then you can come back and talk. Morafocka like you.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by adeyemik: 11:32am On Apr 08, 2015
Olodo jatijati. Abeokuta and Ibadan that you mentioned are far better and developed than Imo, Abia and Enugu. Before the mass migration of the ignos to Lagos in the early 1980, Lagos was the most developed state in Nigeria, even far developed than the UAE in the 80's. Ops, in what form and manner did the igbos developed Lagos.

Ops, read about Lagos developmental history from 1920 to date, stop watching Lagos developmental history from home videos/CD.

18 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by RareDiamond: 11:33am On Apr 08, 2015
SHUT UP YOUR MOUTH YOU SIMPLETON !!! DIDN'T YOU SEE THE NONSENSE THREAD CREATED BY A YORUBA BIGOT LIKE YOU ASKING WHAT ARE THE CONTRIBUTIONS OF IGBOS TO LAGOS / YORUBAS

WisdomFlakes:
You people will never learn with this your chest-beating and supremacist tendencies. Go and replicate Lagos in the SE then you can come back and talk. Morafocka like you.

11 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by RareDiamond: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2015
You must be a drunkard hence your useless abuse and rants. Igbo states are light years ahead of Ibadan and Abeokuta in terms of development.

adeyemik:
Olodo jatijati. Abeokuta and Ibadan that you mentioned are far better and developed than Imo, Abia and Enugu. Before the mass migration of the ignos to Lagos in the early 1980, Lagos was the most developed state in Nigeria, even far developed than the UAE in the 80's. Ops, in what form and manner did the igbos developed Lagos.

Ops, read about Lagos developmental history from 1920 to date, stop watching Lagos developmental history from home videos/CD.

14 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by anulaxad(m): 11:37am On Apr 08, 2015
RareDiamond:
The burden is on you to tell which yor0ba state is a quarter as developed as Lagos ? Below are pictures of Ibadan the regional capital of the y0robas which is a big under developed slum.

Abekouta,Ogun state. Now shut up angry

1 Like

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by FreeGlobe(f): 11:37am On Apr 08, 2015
Yorubas said other yoruba states are not developed because they are maintaining their heritage. That answers your question op

8 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by RareDiamond: 11:37am On Apr 08, 2015
YOU SHUT UP !!!

anulaxad:

3 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by RareDiamond: 11:39am On Apr 08, 2015
LOL !!! HERITAGE INDEED !!!!

FreeGlobe:
Yorubas said other yoruba states are not developed because they are maintaining their heritage. That answers your question op

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by FreeGlobe(f): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2015
anulaxad:

Abeokuta? lol. Where exactly in abeokuta?

5 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by adeyemik: 11:40am On Apr 08, 2015
Which of the igbo states? Abia is the dirtiest state in Nigeria, Ajegunle and Makoko are cleaner than Enugu.

11 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by Canme4u(m): 11:42am On Apr 08, 2015
These chest beaten people think too highly of themselve.

Alright, we've heard you. Go and develop your states and leave Lagos alone.

9 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by Keegan: 11:43am On Apr 08, 2015
RareDiamond:
You must be a drunkard hence your useless abuse and rants. Igbo states are light years ahead of Ibadan and Abeokuta in terms of development.

Then all of you should move to you Eden!
Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by ibedun: 11:44am On Apr 08, 2015
IGBOS DEVELOPED LAGOS

They built ROADs
They built DAMs
They built POWER PLANTs
They built Industrial EState
They built Bridges
They Built General Public Hospitals
They built Express ways
They buuilt even more express ways all the way the Enugu, Aba, Onitcha
They built Niger Bridge in Lagos and tolled it
They built all the street lights
They built international and local airports self - before Steal-er Odua was born sef
They built Lagos even before their 4-fathers reached lagos
They installed the Oba of Lagos there
They Builts all the Oba Palaces
They Created Lagos state
The appointed Fashola

The Almighty IGBOS, so magnanimouns the built Lagos-Ibadan express way follow.

Igbo the owners of Lagos, as we speak sef they are busy drilling the Lagoon so that Igbo people dont fall inside after Saturday.

Kai, my house needs finishing and I must go and beg the Igbos to make it possible.

Infact i now end my prayers with "In Igbos Name"

Anuofia!! Nwokem, Rebellious ingrates!! shameless refuge forming Lagosian.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by RareDiamond: 11:47am On Apr 08, 2015
You all should also go back to your suburbs

Keegan:

Then all of you should move to you Eden!

2 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by dulux07(m): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2015
Igbos play a role in lagos economy,true, but lagos would ve been developed without d igbos, go n study d history of lagos very well, if igbos r developers y cant dey develop their own states, we ve higher no of igbos present in southwest compared to yorubas in southeast.
Who told u abeokuta is backward n ibadan, ur only speaking out of ignorance. my job has taken me to most igbolands, except for their capital n one or two regions, d rest r forest. For d fact that a particular tribe is not present does not mean d state wont develop. Or was it igbos that developed Abj as well.

In entertainment, yorubas dominate esp in music, africa magic yoruba n hausa has been existin for yrs now, igbos jst started dis yr.

in business d richest man is an hausa man, n woman a yoruba. In oil n gas-- otedola, in telecom- adenuga,

in politics yoruba n hausas rule.

Even in educatn. Southwest has d highest no of universities n private univerties, even d most xpensive blongs to an hausa man

Even in aviatn, lagos n abuja has d best international airport

if i should continue, i wont stop. Tho u guys play important roles but i Dont jst understand y u igbos feel ur important than other tribes.

13 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by jumper524(m): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2015
were u meant to make trouble. we have been trying to make peace days back. Luk 4 smtin reasonable to post pls
Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by adeyemik: 11:48am On Apr 08, 2015
RareDiamond:
You must be a drunkard hence your useless abuse and rants. I[b]gbo states[/b] are light years ahead of Ibadan and Abeokuta in terms of development.

You see your level of reasoning. "Igbo states" are light years ahead of Abeokuta and Ibadan. It means that these two cities in the Ogun and Oyo state can compete favourably with a state in the East. You need to read Yoruba history and their development evolution.

3 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by anulaxad(m): 11:48am On Apr 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Abeokuta? lol. Where exactly in abeokuta?

Look at this orubebe, do me a favour and go on Ogun indicator. Bye Bye undecided
Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by WisdomFlakes: 11:48am On Apr 08, 2015
ibedun:
IGBOS DEVELOPED LAGOS

They built ROADs
They built DAMs
They built POWER PLANTs
They built Bridges
They built Express ways
They built international and local airports self - before Steal-er Odua was born sef
They Created Lagos state
The appointed Fashola

Igbo the owners of Lagos, as we speak sef they are busy drilling the Lagoon so that Igbo people dont fall inside after Saturday.

Kai, my house needs finishing and I must go and beg the Igbos to make it possible.

Chai, see finishing!

6 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by RareDiamond: 11:49am On Apr 08, 2015
SHUT UP YOU PIG !!! STOP MAKING USELESS RANTS AND ABUSES

ibedun:
IGBOS DEVELOPED LAGOS

They built ROADs
They built DAMs
They built POWER PLANTs
They built Bridges
They built Express ways
They Created Lagos state
The appointed Fashola

6 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by FreeGlobe(f): 11:50am On Apr 08, 2015
anulaxad:

Look at this orubebe, do me a favour and go on Ogun indicator. Bye Bye undecided

Where in ogun because I have lived in Abeokuta, from olorunsogo to governors lodge. Ogun is still a 14th century state

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by FreeGlobe(f): 11:51am On Apr 08, 2015
adeyemik:
Which of the igbo states? Abia is the dirtiest state in Nigeria, Ajegunle and Makoko are cleaner than Enugu.
We know Nigeria's dirty people

4 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by WisdomFlakes: 11:53am On Apr 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Where in ogun because I have lived in Abeokuta, from olorunsogo to governors lodge. Ogun is still a 14th century state

Yet your people are still flocking to the ghettos and face-me-i-face yous in Yorubaland. Abeg biko leave us and go "develop" your igboland. Hian!

8 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by RareDiamond: 11:54am On Apr 08, 2015
Advise your brothers who are asking what Igbos have done for Yoruba people and they should stop creating anti Igbo threadsm on Nairaland.

jumper524:
were u meant to make trouble. we have been trying to make peace days back. Luk 4 smtin reasonable to post pls

3 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by anulaxad(m): 11:56am On Apr 08, 2015
FreeGlobe:

You have lived in Abekouta, ever since 2013 this state and its capital has seen reasonable development in its infrastructure, now go on Ogun indicator, and don't quote me until you have. Olodo rabata.

3 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by Cholls(m): 11:57am On Apr 08, 2015
ibedun:
IGBOS DEVELOPED LAGOS

They built ROADs
They built DAMs
They built POWER PLANTs
They built Bridges
They built Express ways
They Created Lagos state
The appointed Fashola

my brother please stop this and encourage our brothers they need us this is not the time to trade insults. Try and understand that they're going through alot and it is not their fault that they find their selves in this mess if nt 4 our leaders that failed them. I love you no matter what.
Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by adeyemik: 12:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has described Ogun State as the most industrially developed state in the country and attributed the state’s new status to the economic plan of the Senator Ibikunle Amosun-led administration.

The President further expressed the readiness of the Federal Government to partner with the state government in its rebuilding mission.

Speaking at the commissioning of the Procter and Gamble multi million dollar plant in Agbara, Ogun State, Jonathan, who was represented by Vice President, Namadi Sambo, affirmed that the Amosun-led administration was creating a conducive environment for business to thrive in the state.

“I believe Ogun State is the most industrially developed state in this country. We will partner with you. We will work with you based on synergies and policies that allow for business to thrive”, he said.

The president revealed that the contract for the construction of a standard guage fast train that would connect Lagos through Ogun State to Ibadan had been awarded, adding that, “Olorunsogo Power Plant in Ogun has been successfully completed and privatised”.

While pointing out that plans for the long awaited Lagos-Sokoto Road had reached an advanced stage, the president emphasised that, its designs were being completed and the work would be executed under a Public Private Partnership arrangement.

“Federal Government is building an additional power transmission system, as well as investing in development of gas infrastructure to support the efforts of the state government”, he said.

In his remarks, Amosun disclosed that the commissioning was the 43rd he would be performing in less than three years of his administration, stating that the newly commissioned multi million dollar investments would create 2000 direct and indirect job opportunities for the people of the state.

He charged all industries resident in the state to be up and doing in their Corporate Social Responsibility to their host communities, while reiterating that his administration would not shirk its responsibility in providing security and enabling environment for investors.

Source - http://www.tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/1281-ogun-most-industrially-developed-state-in-nigeria-jonathan/1281-ogun-most-industrially-developed-state-in-nigeria-jonathan

3 Likes

Re: Without The Igbos Contribution, Lagos Would Been Backward As Other Yoruba States by maestroferddi: 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
dulux07:
Igbos play a role in lagos economy,true, but lagos would ve been developed without d igbos, go n study d history of lagos very well, if igbos r developers y cant dey develop their own states, we ve higher no of igbos present in southwest compared to yorubas in southeast.
Who told u abeokuta is backward n ibadan, ur only speaking out of ignorance. my job has taken me to most igbolands, except for their capital n one or two regions, d rest r forest. For d fact that a particular tribe is not present does not mean d state wont develop. Or was it igbos that developed Abj as well.

In entertainment, yorubas dominate esp in music, africa magic yoruba n hausa has been existin for yrs now, igbos jst started dis yr.

in business d richest man is an hausa man, n woman a yoruba. In oil n gas-- otedola, in telecom- adenuga,

in politics yoruba n hausas rule.

Even in educatn. Southwest has d highest no of universities n private univerties, even d most xpensive blongs to an hausa man

Even in aviatn, lagos n abuja has d best international airport

if i should continue, i wont stop. Tho u guys play important roles but i Dont jst understand y u igbos feel ur important than other tribes.
Stop talking nonsense!

Most Igbos respect the Yorubas but we cannot accept a situation where a high-ranking traditional ruler chooses to speak like a tout.

Does it interest you that Yoruba communities are gradually growing in some cities like Onitsha and Enugu?

We Igbos thrive under competition and would readily welcome others in our society provided they would be adding value.

The Igbos have earned their pride of place in a city like Lagos. We therefore will not accept any sort of intimidation or patronising attitude from any misguided person in Lagos no matter how highly placed.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NA Bombardment In SW,FACTS and the position of the igbos. / Chikwe Udensi: Nothing Extraordinary With Obiano's Arrest, Interrogation / Kebbi: Supreme Court Affirms Aliero, Abdullahi As PDP Senatorial Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.