Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land (3587 Views)

We Are Not Against Peaceful Pro-biafra Protests In Yoruba Land - OPC / OPC Alerts Security On Planned Pro-Biafra Protest In Yoruba Land / APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 11:16am On Apr 08, 2015
I have moved around different states in this country and I am yet to see any quarter of Nigeria aside from Lagos being called No mans Land; not Onitsha, not Rivers, not Akwa-ibom not populous Kano and No not even Abuja the capital city.

My call today is simple, EVERY YORUBA MAN SHOULD PROMPTLY REJECT AND CORRECT anybody who ignoranty says LAGOS is a No Man's Land.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by mekaboy(m): 11:19am On Apr 08, 2015
We have heard. oya rest.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by podosci(m): 11:22am On Apr 08, 2015
PDP are trying so hard to breakup this country with sentiments and the IGBO are falling for it
The same PDP that said Lagos Is for all and a no mans land, that IGBO own lagos
is the same PDP that is saying AMbode is not a true lagosian that he is from Ondo or ogun....like seriously? undecided
A Yoruba man is not a true lagosian but an Igbo man from Abia is a true lagosian?
Please my IGBO brothers don't fall for this bullshit

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Pinkiedearie(f): 11:25am On Apr 08, 2015
Ok..
Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 08, 2015
rabbash......I can confidently tell you that lagos is a no man's land

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 11:53am On Apr 08, 2015
That saying is gaining so much patronage that it's given non lagosian a false belief. Imagine Ifeanyi Uba that they are carrying his coffin right now at Ihiahala saying Igbo must produce the next deputy governor in Lagos, Imagine JK who is preaching one Nigeria with one corner of his mouth is using the other side to promote chaos by emitting the worst statement I ever heard a citizen of any state emitted that he will elevate the position of Eze-ndigbo to be equal to OBA of Lagos state. Ni ilu ti oni oba ti oni ijoye... Abomination...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by anigold(m): 11:54am On Apr 08, 2015
tblacker:
I have moved around different states in this country and I am yet to see any quarter of Nigeria aside from Lagos being called No mans Land; not Onitsha, not Rivers, not Akwa-ibom not populous Kano and No not even Abuja the capital city.

My call today is simple, EVERY YORUBA MAN SHOULD PROMPTLY REJECT AND CORRECT anybody who ignoranty says LAGOS is a No Man's Land.

Please who is actually from Lagos..

The last election was MASSIVELY characterized by POLITRIBAL-SENTIMENTALISM with ELECTIONEERING-FAVOURITISM..
Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 11:55am On Apr 08, 2015
edozie04:
rabbash......I can confidently tell you that lagos is a no man's land

I dare your confidence...spit it out, am hearing...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 11:59am On Apr 08, 2015
anigold:

Please who is actually from Lagos..

The last election was MASSIVELY characterized by POLITRIBAL-SENTIMENTALISM with ELECTIONEERING-FAVOURITISM..

With your statement quoted, am guessing you are learned so do the maths.

But to be of a little help, Yorubas are the Lagosans ( Egun inclusive )
Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
tblacker:

I dare your confidence...spit it out, am hearing...
Have u gone to alaba international market? there you will see a mixture of all tribes doing business, have you gone to tradefair complex? u will see foreigners sef doing business there, give me a location predominantly yoruba and I will give you two locations predominantly other tribes

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by PointB: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lagos is No Man's Land, go and jump into the lagoon! cheesy cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
PointB:
Lagos is No Man's Land, go and jump into the lagoon! cheesy cheesy grin grin

No need to join you there...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Cholls(m): 12:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
my brothers we are one no matter the situation or boundaries i love you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by PointB: 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
tblacker:

No need to join you there...

You don't want to join Oba Akiolu there you meant? wink
Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 12:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
edozie04:
Have u gone to alaba international market? there you will see a mixture of all tribes doing business, have you gone to tradefair complex? u will see foreigners sef doing business there, give me a location predominantly yoruba and I will give you two locations predominantly other tribes

Oh, that's your point, OK.

A quick question: is it safe to say London is Nigeria? Am sure you know how crowded it is with Nigerians. Your answer will be very helpful.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by jimi4us: 12:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Lagos is a no mans land. period!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
jimi4us:
Lagos is a no mans land. period!!

What can I say to a username like yours jimi4us other than ignoramous.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
tblacker:

Oh, that's your point, OK.

A quick question: is it safe to say London is Nigeria? Am sure you know how crowded it is with Nigerians. Your answer will be very helpful.
You are drifting off point but to satisfy your curiosity, london is definitely also among the leagues of lagos cus even there some Nigerians are entitled to vote so as igbos are entitled to vote here in lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2015
edozie04:
You are drifting off point but to satisfy your curiosity, london is definitely also among the leagues of lagos cus even there some Nigerians are entitled to vote so as igbos are entitled to vote here in lagos

Drifting off d point? Not a chance.

My question stands and I rephrase, does your comment above mean that London is a no man's land since it is in the same league as Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by StunningCEO: 12:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Igbos.... always beating chest n lieing.....yiboe built lagos...but not true...Igbos only started coming to lagos like forty yrs ago.........even after ijaws......n...urhobos etc........ grin....

anoda lie is Igbos r industrous people but truth be told....in the formal sectors...yoruba dominate...banking, multinationals, plcs...telecoms....media.....you onli see Igbos in informal sectors like prostitution...illegal drugs..kidnapping....spare parts.....ok they try in nollywood...but Igbos know how to lie to demselves...they even start believing their lies....already some Igbos r claming they won d civil war..... grin

dis is the reason why......a 12 yr old yiboe boy is already planning hot to run from yiboeland to Oshogbo n sell gala on d street....after...he will tell u that he is d landlord in Oshogbo... grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by jossyking(m): 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2015
StunningCEO:
Igbos.... always beating chest n lieing.....yiboe built lagos...but not true...Igbos only started coming to lagos like forty yrs ago.........even after ijaws......n...urhobos etc........ grin....

anoda lie is Igbos r industrous people but truth be told....in the formal sectors...yoruba dominate...banking, multinationals, plcs...telecoms....media.....you onli see Igbos in informal sectors like prostitution...illegal drugs..kidnapping....spare parts.....ok they try in nollywood...but Igbos know how to lie to demselves...they even start believing their lies....already some Igbos r claming they won d civil war..... grin

dis is the reason why......a 12 yr old yiboe boy is already planning hot to run from yiboeland to Oshogbo n sell gala on d street....after...he will tell u that he is d landlord in Oshogbo... grin
Dangote, Otedola and Adenuga na Igbo don't mind those yamiri boiz.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by bakynes(m): 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
tblacker:

My question stands and I rephrase, does your comment above mean that London is a no man's land since it is in the same league as Lagos?
That's wat I keep saying go to Newyork, london is the mmost cosmopolitan city in the world you find a whole lot of Indians, Arabs, Jamaicans, Nigerians, other Europeans, Chinese etc bt you never hear anybody call it a No man's land. Please igbos respect yourselves

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
tblacker:

Dude already answered your question
Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
edozie04:
Dude already answered your question

Really you tried, at least you did not resolve to insult even if YOU ARE SO WRONG.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by unapologetic: 2:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Whoever calls Lagos a no man's land is dillusional. It's either you stay as a non indegene or you move to Abia. All these mofos makes me sick with the bullshit they are tryn in Lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by tblacker(m): 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
jossyking:
Dangote, Otedola and Adenuga na Igbo don't mind those yamiri boiz.

I tire for them o.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Richiez(m): 3:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
LAGOS belongs to the aworis, so i heard but it seems like they are not the majority in terms of population
Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by MrBasketball: 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Isn't Lagos in West? So where is Yoruba land located, isn't it West?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Chiaka(f): 3:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
tblacker:

Lagos was ones a federal capital, that's why it called a No mans land, even Abuja is now also called a No mans land. Stop Promoting hate!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Chiaka(f): 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
StunningCEO:

I don't live in Lagos , Yorubas live here also and we are living happily without giving them stress!!! whats all this nonsense talk about.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by MrDojo(m): 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2015
Chiaka:

Lagos was ones a federal capital, that's why it called a No mans land, even Abuja is now also called a No mans land. Stop Promoting hate!!

Bro I tink calabar waz a capital too abi....?!!!

Bt nobody calls calabar a no man's land naa

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Yoruba Land And Not A No Man's Land by Chiaka(f): 4:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrDojo:

Bro I tink calabar waz a capital too abi....?!!!

Bt nobody calls calabar a no man's land naa

Was not for as long......and Nigeria was not highly as developed ..and also did not make as much investment into Calabar like it did in Lagos and Abuja, hence much people did not move to calabar then like the case of Lagos and now Abuja.........but obviously if it continued will have been a no mans land also. Sorry its the bitter truth. That's the price regions like that pay.......its the simple truth

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Newly Appointed ADC To President Muhammadu Buhari (picture) / Outrage Over Biafra Protest In Port Harcourt / Rating Of President Buhari's Media Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.