Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,217 members, 7,839,137 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” (15634 Views)

Cbn Warns Against Patronage Of 'wonder Banks' / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / How To Recharge From Various Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by asdfjklhaha(f): 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
One just has to be careful
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nice one.
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by deadie(m): 7:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
Classic Ponzi scheme.
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by Sanuzi(m): 7:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
ok
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by gmaribel(m): 8:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
My friends dad invested N2m of his pension in one of such schemes even after I had told my friend to sound a warning that it was a scam.
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by themodernman: 8:07pm On Apr 08, 2015
gmaribel:
My friends dad invested N2m of his pension in one of such schemes even after I had told my friend to sound a warning that it was a scam.

What happened thereafter?
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by themodernman: 8:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
See as Mods just dey delete post like craze...

Mods dey vex.
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by whothiefmymoney(m): 8:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
dkronicle:
This one pass nairabet
no na nairabet senior brother
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by gmaribel(m): 8:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
themodernman:

What happened thereafter?

This is the fourth month and they are still paying 100k per month
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by tivta(m): 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
gmaribel:

. Very unfortunate
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by godoluwa(m): 8:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
neva invest ur money in ponzi scheme coz its 100%scam or mlm coz 98%is scam. if u dnt av huge asset, dnt do any fvcking insurance coz intercontinental life assurance owned & controlled by access bank scammed many people. gudluck
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by chingydaboss(m): 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
I once fell for dis ponzi scheme..
Lost money dough..

I nw knw beta
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by themodernman: 8:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
gmaribel:

I hope dey do him well...so such scams still exist...and ppl still fall for it?
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by sleekman(m): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2015
menix:
Hmm...

Sure its a Ponzi scheme buh d truth b told, wen this started it was genuie cous som used it trading on shares, crude etc buh wen majority of nigerians queued in, it failed cous d commercial banks were not happy cous pple prefered it than bringing funds to d bank...

Yes dey ate my fund as far back 2007, buh d authorities(Soludo was instrumental) caused it..

I had this colleague who was able to purchase two properties in lagos, 1 at Apapa nd d oda at Kirikiri town nd she is so thankful today to d so called Ponzi scheme thou she lost her 1.5 million naira pricipal buh she gained more frm them...

Its not advisable going into such now cous d authorities frown at such...
Ponzi schemes always look legit from d beginning. They always have gnashing of teeth and regret at the end. In a ponzi scheme, if u start off with d scheme then u stand to make a lot of money because they must sell the authenticity to unsuspecting, greedy people. Ponzi schemes are illegal but if ure lucky to meet one that has just started off then ure in luck. Number one ponzi schemer is Mudolf serving 50yrs in a US jail.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by aspirebig: 8:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
Do people still fall for this? I guess it is only those who were kids in the 90s and years later when wonder bank reigned that will fall for this.

Shine your eyes, those guys are fraudsters, period.

There is nothing like doing haulage business, selling crude oil or forex business. These businesses have high risks associated with them with many competitions and their returns are not so big to pay such amount.

Besides, the Mercy op mentioned, is a learner. Her colleagues may be doing under g business or other things she do not know of, to be wearing those clothes she is admiring. All that glitters is not gold, becareful. Do not dash jobless people your hard earned money, avoid being greedy.

In a sane society, such guys should be jailed. Nonsense, not only 65k on 1m Naira, I don't understand some people.

Where is Nospesco,Wealth gate, Wealth solution, Wealth arena,new freedom, club freedom etc today?

In late 2006 to early 2007, those guys were in parts of Lagos, Ibadan and other cities in the south west, I remember that people sold their cars and some even sold their land to "invest" in the business, just 2 to 3 months later, these guys disappeared into thin air till date.

1 Like

Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by pomsky: 8:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Anugod:
Wow. Thanks for this educative and informative piece. 'Get rich quick syndrome' is what lures most people to fraudsters.

[size=24pt]When the offer is too good to be true, then it most probably isn't true![/size]

[size=20pt].....is paying 5-6.5% monthly too good to be true? It's VERY achievable. I have investors i have been paying monthly since 2011.
The fact there have been scams and failures doesn't mean you throw away the baby with the bath water!
Are you saying you cannot consistently on a monthly basis make N100k from N1m capital. My bro, without any hype it is absolutely
possible and even without stress. What you primarily need is good investment sense and very good money management practices. Ciao! wink[/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by HAH: 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Even our stock market is a law backed Ponzi scheme, where they rob peter to pay paul

I learnt a bitter lesson from NSE where to lousy brokers will lure you to buy to boast the price then they back out and leave vulnerable investors with junk share with little value.

My advice is if you have money to invest always go to real estate, you can't go wrong.
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by mikolo80: 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2015
iykepromotions:
greediness and lazyness are the main suspects here
not really.more ignorance than anything else

1 Like

Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by InvertedHammer: 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2015
/
Meanwhile if someone older than you meets and greets you "Good afternoon sir!" in Nigeria.

He is a beggar, scammer or tax-collector.

Use your discretion. But some prefer to go Usain Bolt.

Thank me later for the tip.

\

1 Like

Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by Lionhearted: 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
Had an extra year in school due to this kind of schemes.

Uses my tuitions and that of friends to do pennywise. A huge debt was the resultant effect.
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by andyanders: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
I have been approached by a young man and a pretty lady who sold the same idea to me and the interest I would be getting from the deposit that I make.I now inquired from them how they are going to be paying such high interest on a monthly basis considering the kind of environment we are here in Nigeria.They told me that they are into oil marketing and can turn around the money. After looking into the possibility, I told the guys that that is not possible in Nigeria because with the kind of way they explained their transaction, if it is real, they will not disclose this and will keep on becoming billionaires.After about 2yrs, I ran into same guy when I went to get gas in a gas station, he was still same way and looking pale.

It is pure fraud and nothing more.
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by MOORCHMOORE(m): 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
It's wickedness
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by siegfried99(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Greed! grin
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by Xcex: 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Oooook!!! Nw i get d gist "Dis lady wnt 2 use networking eat my money". SMH
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by peteruuu(m): 11:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
Toor
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by eightsin(m): 11:41pm On Apr 08, 2015
I've read and heard of so many people losing huge sum of money to these fraudsters.
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by etall: 12:26am On Apr 09, 2015
2007 cum 08 I lost over 4m to these fraudsters.
Pls beware!!!!!
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by donbenie(m): 12:46am On Apr 09, 2015
menix:
Hmm...

Sure its a Ponzi scheme buh d truth b told, wen this started it was genuie cous som used it trading on shares, crude etc buh wen majority of nigerians queued in, it failed cous d commercial banks were not happy cous pple prefered it than bringing funds to d bank...

Yes dey ate my fund as far back 2007, buh d authorities(Soludo was instrumental) caused it..

I had this colleague who was able to purchase two properties in lagos, 1 at Apapa nd d oda at Kirikiri town nd she is so thankful today to d so called Ponzi scheme thou she lost her 1.5 million naira pricipal buh she gained more frm them...

Its not advisable going into such now cous d authorities frown at such...
With all due respect,you're are RAMBLING,it's either a Ponzi scheme or it's not,so,stop RAMBLING..

1 Like

Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by menix(m): 12:50am On Apr 09, 2015
donbenie:
With all due respect,you're are RAMBLING,it's either a Ponzi scheme or it's not,so,stop RAMBLING..

Ur fada is rambling..

Wats wrong wiv dis animal datz a produce of rape...

If pple ve no opionion where u com frm, pls commit sucide..

Ezi awusa..
Re: How To Detect And Avoid “money Doublers And Wonder Banks” by nebukadnezzari(m): 1:10am On Apr 09, 2015
Charles ponzi, inventor of the ponzi scheme format. Yahoo boys in the house craft a format like this and you will be legendry...on a solo key

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Exchange Rate Of The British Pound To Nigerian Naira Today? / What Is The Best Financial Advice You’ve Ever Been Given Or Learned On Nairalan? / How To Convince Foreigners To Do Legitimate Business With You In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.