Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,795 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:35 AM

Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? (7156 Views)

A Nairalander Finished His Speedometer On Nigerian Road / RESOLVED UPDATE!!!!Faulty Speedometer/odometer In 2003 Nissan Pathfinder LE / Help: Odometer/speedometer Not Working (2) (3) (4)

Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by Readonee35L(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2015
The funiest thing is
I hve finished so many many cars speedo
Last week i clocked a 09 accord to the end but to take pictures is difficult
And am not ready to fly kite with my life
But chk my profile i av a pix dere b4 i actually attained d max speed of d accord

Even my pilot almost finished it but d road wasnt really smooth
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2015
greatkamala:
from d pictures posted.....u guyz av had 2 push ur RPM as high as 6 -7 to get to 200km/h........my 2003 Camry v6 gets to 180 -200 with just 3000RPM or a little over 3000...by the time I push d RPM to 4000 am already over 220km

Your statement isn't strictly correct, as you can't tell what gears the cars were in to achieve the posted speeds.

Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by heryyy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rubis:

Bros, on which road did you do that pls

Lagos/Ibadan Express Way cheesy
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by heryyy(m): 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
9icetoo:

The steering feel is lighter in modern cars. The weighty feel of the steering does not mean a car is safer nor does it mean the car is more 'balanced'. Hate jap cars all you want but remember that princess Diana died in a Mercedes benz.

Bro i don't agree, ever drove any of the Toyota Avalon starting from 01 and above ? Balancing is great !
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:14pm On Apr 12, 2015
9icetoo:

The steering feel is lighter in modern cars. The weighty feel of the steering does not mean a car is safer nor does it mean the car is more 'balanced'. Hate jap cars all you want but remember that princess Diana died in a Mercedes benz.

9icetoo you don find trouble. cheesy

Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by Rubis(m): 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
heryyy:

Lagos/Ibadan Express Way cheesy

If this is true you took a deadly risk then. I was thinking it happened in Abuja for it has a good, smooth and wide road.

Or is there another Lagos/Ibadan road aside the one I know?
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by chnovpaul(m): 2:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
Siena:

Good choice. Those cars are built well, like they're hewn out of granite. With regular maintenance, they'll last a lifetime.

You're right bro.

They last for ages. I hope mine does though. wink
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by heryyy(m): 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
Rubis:

If this is true you took a deadly risk then. I was thinking it happened in Abuja for it has a good, smooth and wide road.

Or is there another Lagos/Ibadan road aside the one I know?

Lol its the same road bro, the roads are under construction and i did it with the ones completed, i know its a risk but a calculated risk cool
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by Rubis(m): 3:33pm On Apr 12, 2015
heryyy:

Lol its the same road bro, the roads are under construction and i did it with the ones completed, i know its a risk but a calculated risk cool

ok congrats cheesy
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by 9icetoo(m): 8:09am On Apr 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

9icetoo you don find trouble. cheesy
grin. No mind the guy. Next he will tell me that BMW cars don't sommersault at those speeds. I have clocked over 185 kilometers in my camry severally. Even my wife's Honda city (that little car with a 1.5 litre engine) did a little over 160 km/hr hit a bump at that speed, bent a rim, lost a caliper bolt, but did not fly off the road.
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by ogawisdom(m): 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
I ve nt gone beyond 140km/hr no thanks to our bad roads am mostly bw 100 n 120km/hr. Life no get duplicate sha cool
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by mejai(m): 7:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
Rubis:

My honda legend get stronger and more balanced on the road when I'm at 140km/h. How I miss that car.
u r ryt bro. once, I pushed d 93/94 model of Honda legend to 200km/hr. d balance was awesome. a nice ride.
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by Emmyxclusive: 1:16pm On Apr 15, 2015
its possible on the abuja-kaduna express way

Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by auhanson(m): 2:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
heryyy:
Can You Seriously Beat This Speed ??

Mehn! time has changed , this is small speed for me even in naija, roads are getting better..its no big deal anymore for me so far my stabilizers , shocks, arms and bushings are in order(including alignment and proper wheel balancing with my wider wheels and low profile tires). Just going to work daily on a normal day within city,on the east/west road i hit 120/140km/h as in normal driving.

But for your car to stand it, that means your ride is in order . kudos
May i ask, what car is that?
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by auhanson(m): 3:34pm On Apr 16, 2015
greatkamala:
from d pictures posted.....u guyz av had 2 push ur RPM as high as 6 -7 to get to 200km/h........my 2003 Camry v6 gets to 180 -200 with just 3000RPM or a little over 3000...by the time I push d RPM to 4000 am already over 220km

Guy , if you are driving a car hard, and changing from lower gears to upper gears the RPM has to go up and get settle to lower rpm at higher stable cruising to like 3000rpm or thereabout, so it isnt a toyota camry thing. Whether be it Porsche or lambo or beetle, it does the same thing.
Re: Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? by Nobody: 4:12am On Apr 27, 2015
Why will I wanna do dat?i won't dare it abeg...
heryyy:

lol this is naija u better believe it, i did this 2days ago and also i have a friend who finish his 2005 toyota corolla sport aswell

Please It's Urgent! I'm About To Buy A Ford Edge..advice Me!! / Siena: Please Read VW Jetta Issues / Is Drunk Driving A Crime In Nigeria?