Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. (1753 Views)

"Igbos And Yorubas Are Embarrasing Nigeria" - Verified Fulani Twitter User Says / Learn About Screening Ministers, According To The Nigeria Constitution / (yoruba/igbo) Nigeria Politics Ended Our Childhood Friendship Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 10:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
"Respectfully, We Igbos have always
overrated our significance in Nigeria. Since
the existence of this country, our
stubbornness have always made us the
best looser. We haven't taken a lesson from
Biafra, or the fact that we largely assisted
in relegating PDP to a regional party, or the
fact that our "myopic thinking" (in the
words of Rochas) have cost us the seats of
the Senate Presidency and House of Rep
Speaker.
But we gladly take a worthless pride in our
stupidity. NdiIgbos really need to look
inwards and cast the demon misdirecting
us away".
I quoted d above statement from a nairalander's comment on a particular topic today. Truth be said, d above statement needs to be written on a golden slate. The igbos need to look inwards if they really want to have a say in Nigeria politics. The average igbo is Proud and always full of himself. I respect the igbos a lot because they are very INDUSTRIOUS and INTELLIGENT. They have contributed a lot to the Nigerian economy directly and indirectly. There is no sector you wouldn't find an igbo man in Nigeria. But they have little say in the Nigeria Political system.
.Even almighty God himself respect HUMBLE people. Ojukwu can avoid d civil war if he hadn't prove stubborn that he can't receive order from Gowon because he is superior to him in rank, but truth be told, the Igbos need to learn the art of the game by learning how to be humble and loyal to other tribes. We have a saying in yoruba that 'if we should postrate for a dwarf, it doesn't mean that we will grow shorter when we get up'. Being loyal doesn't make you a 'butt licker'. Large deposit of oil is in the Niger Delta and not in the core east, that was why the presidency was zoned to them. It is true that Nigeria belongs to us all but there are some set of cabals that only revolution can cast them away, they determine who will be there and who is to come. The Ndigbos need to go back and learn how to play the card well. Buhari wouldn't have won if he didn't align with the Southwest to win the Presidency. If a yoruba man wants to get something that will be difficult for him to get, he doesn't mind calling d person daddy even if he is old enough to give birth to that person, he can even go as far as postrating just to get it. Let the igbos come together in one voice and support one of their own and do away with 'Pride', I believe if they can do this, they will one day Rule this nation and have a prolong say in the Nigeria Political System.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by senorova(m): 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
I'll commend you on your choice words.
The greatest threat to the igbos is themselves.
They are perhaps the most versatile of a tribes, but a tree doesn't make a forest.
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by 4stylz: 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
akpumping7720:
Speaker.
us away".
I quoted d above statement from a nairalander's comment on a particular topic today. Truth be said, d above statement needs to be written on a golden slate. The igbos need to look inwards if they really want to have a say in Nigeria politics. The average igbo is Proud and always full of himself. I respect the igbos a lot because they are very INDUSTRIOUS and INTELLIGENT. They have contributed a lot to the Nigerian economy directly and indirectly. There is no sector you wouldn't find an igbo man in Nigeria. But they have little say in the Nigeria Political system.
.Even almighty God himself respect HUMBLE people. Ojukwu can avoid d civil war if he hadn't prove stubborn that he can't receive order from Gowon because he is superior to him in rank, but truth be told, the Igbos need to learn the art of the game by learning how to be humble and loyal to other tribes. We have a saying in yoruba that 'if we should postrate for a dwarf, it doesn't mean that we will grow shorter when we get up'. Being loyal doesn't make you a 'butt licker'. Large deposit of oil is in the Niger Delta and not in the core east, that was why the presidency was zoned to them. It is true that Nigeria belongs to us all but there are some set of cabals that only revolution can cast them away, they determine who will be there and who is to come. The Ndigbos need to go back and learn how to play the card well. Buhari wouldn't have won if he didn't align with the Southwest to win the Presidency. If a yoruba man wants to get something that will be difficult for him to get, he doesn't mind calling d person daddy even if he is old enough to give birth to that person, he can even go as far as postrating just to get it. Let the igbos come together in one voice and support one of their own and do away with 'Pride', I believe if they can do this, they will one day Rule this nation and have a prolong say in the Nigeria Political System.

Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by Alfamann: 10:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
I as an Igbo man will always work for the destruction of the hindrance called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by raumdeuter: 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
They should continue in this manner oo
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by senorova(m): 11:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
4stylz:
Rubbish
Alfamann:
I as an Igbo man will always work for the destruction of the hindrance called Nigeria.

I don't get you people honestly

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by 4stylz: 11:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
senorova:

I don't get you people honestly

Which people...Nigerians or Yorubans
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by senorova(m): 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
4stylz:

Which people...Nigerians or Yorubans

Never in your godforsaken miserable life should you quote me again if you have nothing reasonable to say!
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
4stylz:

Rubbish
Are you aware that the Seat of the Senate President and that of the Speaker of the House of Reps might not be zone to the East again. Keep working in disunity and pride.
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by pazienza(m): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2015
4stylz:

Rubbish

As in ehn, the rubbish just too much, I don't even know where to start replying him.

Ojukwu caused the war? Really?

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 11:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Alfamann:
And u keep loosing abi? What Ojukwu did and wasn't successful with all his father's wealth and education. Hope u remember he graduated from Oxford! Just keep deceiving yourself.
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by pazienza(m): 11:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
akpumping7720:

Are you aware that the Seat of the Senate President and that of the Speaker of the House of Reps might not be zone to the East again. Keep working in disunity and pride.

Thought you lots said that the reason you will not give the Senate president to Ndiigbo was because there are no APC senator from SE. How about now that we have APC house of representatives members, 3 as a matter of fact. Are you lots now going to give one of them the speaker slot, or is the goal post going to change as usual?
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by 4stylz: 11:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
akpumping7720:

We don't want east/north/south/west...we want NIGERIA... you are the one walking towards disunity..because you feel a tribe needs to be president to get work done in this country..is Obama from newyork? or he is an America

One Nigeria and by the way...i'm not igbo...Benin blood runs through my vein as a Nigerian
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
pazienza:

Thought you lots said that the reason you will not give the Senate president to Ndiigbo was because there are no APC senator from SE. How about now that we have APC house of representatives members, 3 as a matter of fact. Are you lots now going to give one of them the speaker slot, or is the goal post going to change as usual?
I thought u said you don't know where to start replying me. As for your question, you can forward it to Buhari, he is your President-elect for the next 4 years!
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by 4stylz: 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
senorova:

Never in your godforsaken miserable life should you quote me again if you have nothing reasonable to say!

Hahahaha...I feel your pain my Nigeria brother
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 11:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
4stylz:

We don't want east/north/south/west...we want NIGERIA... you are the one walking towards disunity..because you feel a tribe needs to be president to get work done in this country..is Obama from newyork? or he is an America

One Nigeria and by the way...i'm not igbo...Benin blood runs through my vein as a Nigerian
Benin boy, when you are in Rome, do like the Romans!
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by 4stylz: 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
akpumping7720:

Benin boy, when you are in Rome, do like the Romans!

Then advice your people to stop using niger delta oil to develop Nigeria na...clueless idiot......When you see oil coming from niger delta land..close your eyes!

By the way: your father didn't tell you about how yoruba land came to light....From Benin...Go read history! Nigeria as one..I will live in lagos or anywhere in this country and nothing will happen..lol, you do nothing..where did the money that was used in building that international airport come from? Your land provided...come u this boy..don't get me started
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by Duru1(m): 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
akpumping7720:
Speaker.
us away".

The above crap is a classical display of idiocy. I guess Ndiigbo were not involved in relegating PDP to any level of national political prominence for 16 years it ruled Nigeria. Simply because the PDP has just lost presidential election, Ndiigbo equally lost the humble aspect of their being. Most Nigerian are completely short ranged on the intellect.
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by focus7: 11:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
Talking of over estimation, igbos indeed always think they have some sort political significant to determine the success of any political party in Nigeria. I must says that the south south or the north central has more political worth than the igbos, any politician who really want political success on the national level wouldn't take igbos support more serious than necessary. Igbos political significant can only be useful in igbo land. When I heard Igbo that cannot sustain apga claimed they want to make pdp a regional opposition party I laughed and can only predict the demise of pdp if it is going to depend on igbos support. Already, we have started witnessing series of defections taking place in Niger Deltan and North Central regions from pdp to the great APC, but the empty drum, chest beating and self over rating igbos wants to remain adamant to make pdp a regional party, that is RIP to pdp just as apga.

1 Like

Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 11:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
4stylz:

Then advice your people to stop using niger delta oil to develop Nigeria na...clueless idiot......When you see oil coming from niger delta land..close your eyes!

By the way: your father didn't tell you about how yoruba land came to light....From Benin...Go read history! Nigeria as one..I will live in lagos or anywhere in this country and nothing will happen..lol, you do nothing..where did the money that was used in building that international airport come from? Your land provided...come u this boy..don't get me started
Eeeeeh. Never in your miserable life mention my 'father' when exchanging words on a public forum like this. Biko, I take God beg u, I hate insult towards my family members. Talk to me in a more matured way and insult me directly, I will accept it.
And as per your 'Yoruba land came to light from Benin. What happened to 'The Creation of the earth started from Ile-Ife? You want to rewrite history?
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
every goat is rising from all corners of the wild to insult ndigbo just because Jonathan lost the presidential race.
OP go get a J.O.B.
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by Castos(m): 12:04am On Apr 09, 2015
akpumping7720:
Speaker.
us away".
Writing by a hardcore Yoruba man. Please close your filthy and dirty hole!
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 12:07am On Apr 09, 2015
focus7:
Talking of over estimation, igbos indeed always think they have some sort political significant to determine the success of any political party in Nigeria. I must says that the south south or the north central has more political worth than the igbos, any politician who really want political success on the national level wouldn't take igbos support more serious than necessary. Igbos political significant can only be useful in igbo land. When I heard Igbo that cannot sustain apga claimed they want to make pdp a regional opposition party I laughed and can only predict the demise of pdp if it is going to depend on igbos support. Already, we have started witnessing series of defections taking place in Niger Deltan and North Central regions from pdp to the great APC, but the empty drum, chest beating and self over rating igbos wants to remain adamant to make pdp a regional party, that is RIP to pdp just as apga.
No mind them
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by Castos(m): 12:07am On Apr 09, 2015
akpumping7720:

Eeeeeh. Never in your miserable life mention my 'father' when exchanging words on a public forum like this. Biko, I take God beg u, I hate insult towards my family members. Talk to me in a more matured way and insult me directly, I will accept it.
And as per your 'Yoruba land came to light from Benin. What happened to 'The Creation of the earth started from Ile-Ife? You want to rewrite history?
This your Father thing pain u eeeeeeh! grin shioor! See warning grin
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 12:09am On Apr 09, 2015
Castos:
This your Father thing pain u eeeeeeh! grin shioor! See warning grin
Don't just try it again I beg. Insult me directly.
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by Castos(m): 12:16am On Apr 09, 2015
akpumping7720:

Don't just try it again I beg. Insult me directly.
Did I insult your papa? Abeg take time and no let me vex angry
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 12:17am On Apr 09, 2015
Castos:
Writing by a hardcore Yoruba man. Please close your filthy and dirty hole!
Thank u. I will close it. U can never change.
isi ike ndị!
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 12:18am On Apr 09, 2015
Castos:
Did I insult your papa? Abeg take time and no let me vex angry
If u wan vex make u vex. I send u b4
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 12:21am On Apr 09, 2015
relchange:
every goat is rising from all corners of the wild to insult ndigbo just because Jonathan lost the presidential race.
OP go get a J.O.B.
Yes boss! I have a job and I can get u one if u so wish. What u see up there isn't an insult!
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by 4stylz: 1:16am On Apr 09, 2015
akpumping7720:

The last time I checked the bible , ile ife was not mentioned
Re: The Igbos And The Nigeria Politics. by akpumping7720(m): 8:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
4stylz:

The last time I checked the bible , ile ife was not mentioned
And Benin was mentioned abi?

(1) (Reply)

We Are Not Yet A Nation, Kwara Governor Declares / So Sad, Paid N450/L For Fuel 2day; PMB Abeg Just Resign, This Suffering Too Much / Iyiola Omisore Reacts To EFCC Declaring Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.