Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,942 members, 7,845,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Why Lagosians Should Vote Ambode, By Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagosians Should Vote Ambode, By Fashola (416 Views)

Delivering Infrastructure: Lessons For Nigeria And The UK - By Fashola / Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo) / LoveBuhariLoveNigeria Dinner Organized By Fashola: Live Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lagosians Should Vote Ambode, By Fashola by truthispainful: 9:52am On Apr 09, 2015
Rather than go experimental, Governor Babatunde Fashola is asking Lagosians to, on Saturday, vote for All Progressives Congress (APC) Akinwunmi Ambode to take the baton from him. In this emotion-laden message to Lagosians, the governor says the PDP is on a mission to take the Centre of Excellence out of its comfort zone.

F irst let me thank you all for turning out to vote on March 28 and for doing so peacefully to make history by electing the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidates in the presidential and National Assembly elections.

Once again, I must address you as we approach Saturday’s elections, when you will be electing a governor who will continue after me and consolidate on the progress we have built together.

You will also be electing members of the State House of Assembly who will make laws on your behalf to assist the governor and his team in the Executive arm.

Although your votes will be cast for one political party or the other, let me remind you that you will actually be voting for your wellbeing, security, prosperity and future.

You will also be voting for the future of your children. You will be choosing candidates and a party that you will entrust your lives to.

Think hard, think clearly and think deeply. Ask yourselves a few questions.

Running on records

Who has shown a better record and example of protecting and securing you between the political parties?

Which of the parties cares more when disasters happen?

What is the record of the parties as it relates to the promises they have made to you in the past?

Which of the parties do you see regularly and which one do you see once in a while?

Which of the parties do you see when your life or property is threatened by epidemics like Ebola or by unfortunate accidents like plane crashes?

Which of the parties is showing that you can become home-owners without knowing anybody?

Which party has responsibility for providing electricity for you, and which one is taking up the responsibility to light up your streets and communities at night?

Which of them cares more about your children and their safety?

Indeed ask yourself; which of the parties threatened you with thugs on that sad Monday of March 16th and which is seeking to protect you by supporting the police; with patrol vehicles, fuel and other equipment?

Ask yourself when last you saw the Federal Fire Service in Lagos. The proud men and women of the Lagos State Fire Service have taken over admirably.

Ask yourself who should be supporting the police and who is actually doing it?

Dear Lagosians, your choice of who to vote for will be easy if you answer these questions within yourself honestly.

Indeed, you have clear choices to make between parties that use your resources to develop your society and community on the one hand, and the party that chooses to bring money to you for distribution when election beckons.

So, you can choose between schools for your children, hospitals for your community, roads for your transportation or in the alternative, you can choose to have these services monetised once in four years.

Remember, that choices have consequences and your vote will decide the choice that shapes your lives.

Dear Lagosians, it is tempting to take the right and opportunity to vote for granted. It is tempting to think that it is too much trouble.

I agree that the process can be made much easier. But it is no excuse to refuse to vote.

Out of 5.8 million registered voters and 3.8 million Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) collections, only about 1.5 million turned out to vote, on March 28.

Think of all the pain, the effort, the sleepless nights it took to get the PVCs to you. Think of the best way to show that the effort was not wasted or in vain.

It seems to me that the best way is to have all these 3.8 Million voters come out to vote.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/why-lagosians-should-vote-ambode-by-fashola/
Re: Why Lagosians Should Vote Ambode, By Fashola by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 09, 2015
AMBODE WE KNOW

JK IS JUST KIDDING
Re: Why Lagosians Should Vote Ambode, By Fashola by santos247(m): 10:02am On Apr 09, 2015
before you vote

Re: Why Lagosians Should Vote Ambode, By Fashola by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 09, 2015
FASHOLA your intentions are understandable. your party come first. all the achievements you mentioned are good we hope ambode will not spend another 8 years showing only 20% development rather than 80% like yourself. but good show. I will vote ambode not because I trust his competence but because he is with a party that will not lose

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan And Amaechi? / Why Jonathan Will Not Appoint Jega's Succesor / Why Isn't There Awareness Campaign Against Drug Trafficking And Kidnapping In SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.