Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Meet Moyo Ogunlewe: Youngest PDP Lagos Assembly Contestant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Moyo Ogunlewe: Youngest PDP Lagos Assembly Contestant (4214 Views)

Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe Son's (moyo Ogunlewe) Wedding / PDP's Lagos Rally Dwarfs APC's Mega Rally In Lagos [ compare photos] / Massive Crowd Inflow At PDP Lagos Rally [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Moyo Ogunlewe: Youngest PDP Lagos Assembly Contestant by PerfectFortune: 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2015
Metro TimesNG

In an exclusive interview with Barr. Moyosore Ogunlewe, he explained his plans for the people of his constituency and his reasons for going into politics.

May we meet you?
My name is Moyo Ogunlewe, I started my Primary education in Chrisland School afterwards I went to model college Igbogbo for my Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) and NECO then enrolled for a diploma in Accounting in University of Lagos. When I finished that I also did a business administration degree in the same university. After that, I did my youth service in Kwara, Ikpata Local Government. I decided to further my education….to develop myself by attending Buckingham University, Buckingham to study law and after that I proceed to do my Masters in Law, Maritime Oil & Gas in the same University. I then went to the Nigerian Law School to complete my Law degree.

What is your relationship with the former Minister of Works, Sen. Adeseye Ogunlewe?
My relationship with the former Minister of Works (Sen. Adeseye Ogunlewe) is that he happens to be my dad and somebody I have a lot of respect for. He is my mentor and somebody I know that believe so much in democracy. That is what Sen. Ogunlewe is.

Do you think your father’s success in politics might influenced your success in politics as well?
Going into politics for me is about service as far as am concerned and when you talk about if my father’s influence would help me in politics…..yes why not? He is a grassrooter, he has started long long timeago like 35 years on the block and there is no how his experience or influence will not help me because he knows a lot of all this political gladiators where I also find myself in. I go into politics and they say….are you Sen. Ogunlewe’s Son? And I say yes and they say your dad has done well; we will help you and accommodate you into the political system. My dad has contributed his quota and there is no way his success in politics will not help in building mine.

You are arguably one of the youngest, vying for a position in the Lagos State House of Assembly (LSHA), what do think about the saying that “experience is the best teacher”?
As far as am concern experience is not about service, the most important thing is knowing what you want to go and do there; when you know that the job of a legislator is to make laws, sponsor bills. Speaking about experience, then majority of legislators in Nigeria should be Lawyers and am perfectly qualified (because am a layer) to be a legislator in Lagos State. Experience to me….ok people that have been there; majority of the Lagos State Legislators have never sponsored a single bill. I have one of them that is contesting against me and for 12 good years, a single bill has not been sponsored by him. I have asked a lot of questions, I have gone on TV, let him tell the people of our constituency exactly what he has been able to achieve within 12years….. and you tell me experience. Experience to me would not bring change to our community and that thing that can bring change is serving your people with dignity then Nigeria can be a better place for you and me.

There is a rumor that you have a personal grouse with Hon. Bayo Oshinowo….
I don’t understand what you mean by personal grouse; maybe you need to rephrase your question…

It was once said that you exchanged words with Hon. Bayo Oshinowo, what must have led to that?
I have never met the man before o. The only time I saw him was at the polling booth. Emm…he is one of our fathers in the neighborhood but my own is that he has not done anything and must be kicked-out of the place. There is nothing like age in politics. The most important thing is for you to know what to do there to bring desired change to your community and he has not been able to do that. I am not going there to go and seat at the back fence. I will sponsor bills that will bring change to my community and that’s why am going for that office.

It has been said that a lot of youth has been sidelined in politics and in governance……
Well to me I will blame all Nigerian youths because we have an opportunity to be involved in the government but as I always say; we seat at the back fence, we are used as political thugs, used as political machineries and at the end of the day we are dumped. I would advise all Nigerian youth to be more involved in politics. Politics is played everywhere. If in live in an estate, politics is played there so be involved in it. We have a Nigeria of today where our votes have started counting and I want to assure our youth that we have a brighter future, we should all get directly involved in politics and not allow ourselves to be used as political machineries.

You said the man in office, Hon. Bayo Osinowo has done nothing to merit a 4th term in office, what do you intend to do differently from what he has done?

I believe in a 4th tier of government where people will be closer to the government. If you notice, the Local Govt. is near but far away from the people. I will sponsor a bill called the “WADA”. It’s a framework that would develop the 4th tier of government in an easier way where the stakeholders within the community will be involved in govt. and what I mean by that is for example if you have an estate where there is a public school, the people within the estate should be directors in the school so that their children can also attend the school. Now, when you go to Ogudu, Ifako-Gbagada, Anthony….the schools we have within the estates are not properly managed and the reason is that majority of the students that attend those schools come from outside of the estate and it affects the quality of education in those schools. If you go to Hon. Bayo Osinowo’s house; in front of his house….am not saying this to tarnish his image….you may go and inspect it yourself; the school in front of his house has only one toilet for male & female. What kind of governance is that? The “WADA” framework would inculcate the well to do people within the community into the system….the same thing will be done in the area of health. We have two primary healthcare centers (PHC) and it is only one that is functioning and even the one that is functioning is really not worthy of a healthcare facility. So what I intend to do is ensure that the well-to-do people live within the community are made a stakeholder in either the PHC or the Schools. I am a benefit of such arrangement; when I was at model college Igbogbo, late Engr. Alade was one of the board of directors of the school, Fmr. Perm. Sec. Lands, Sen. Ogunlewe was a member board of directors, fmr. Head of Service Alh. Rotinwa was also a member and so on. My family, Engr. Alade’s Children…. Ronke, Dammy, Alh. Rotinwa’s daughter, Bukky…..all of us went to that school and that was how the school developed so much such that every other person that cannot afford that much also benefitted from the development. When I was at Model College Igbogbo, the school was one of the best competing with Atlantic Halls (A private School) when we have Bournvita Brain Match and all. So the problem is that the well to do people has taken all their children to private schools because they are not part of the system of the public schools. That is one the things I’m going to propose; bringing the rich in our community to be directly involved in our public institutions like schools and hospitals. They will not want low quality of education for their kids so they will make sure the schools are up to standard where people that cannot afford so much can also benefit.

What is your perspective on politicians using thugs as a way of showing their political might?
I have said it before that… emn politicians that use thugs are not good politicians and I will always refer to them as thugs and people that want something bad for this country. Majority of them will send their children abroad and leave we Nigerian youths to waste away. If majority of us, at least 95% are being called thugs then the remaining 5% of us are also thugs as far as am concerned. So what I will tell the Nigerian youths is that, let us get involved in the system so we can change things for the better. They (elderlies) have had their own turn; it is time for us to take over. Get involved in politics, get involved in the development of your country, get involved in the development of the people and get involved in making things right. For those that use thugs as their political machineries, I have said it before and I will say it again….one day, what you are building will come back to you. “He that live in a glass house, should not throw stones.”

Security is an integral part of governance especially in Lagos where we have over 15million people, what is your take on state police as way of improving our security system?
If we start using state police there will be a lot of compromise when it comes to politics. However some people say state police is good but at the moment I will score the Nigerian police 40%. We still need to do a lot of sensitization; making sure well trained then we can now talk of state police. The issue of state police now as far as am concerned is a wrong idea….let the FG handle the police and do not forget that the governor of state remains the Chief Security Officer of the state so whoever is deployed to the state should fall under the control of the state governor. I think we should maintain the status quo while we equip and properly train our police.

Barr. Moyo Ogunlewe, you are contesting under the platform of the PDP, Lagos state has been in the opposition for 16years; now that they have won at the central, don’t you think Lagosians may not want to be in the opposition?

Look, my brother, Lagos has always been in the opposition in case you don’t know. Lagos is the commercial hub of the country, Lagos is Lagos and it will continue to be. If you are in the opposition does not mean Lagos would not move. Lagos is Lagos and Lagos will forever move. Now we clamoring for change, if the PDP has been in power for 16years at the federal level and ACN now APC has also been in power for 16 years in Lagos, let there be change at both level so there will be something to compare with. Meanwhile, being in the opposition does not stop your allocation from the federal govt. it is the state government that usually eat into the local government fund.

You are contesting against a seasoned politician, what are chances of winning in the next elections?
As far as am concerned he is not a seasoned politician, he is only fortunate to be in power and for me Nigeria of today should not accommodate such people in power. Somebody that has been in power for 12years and cannot tell the people one thing he has been able to do, not even a single project commissioned. For me such person is not a seasoned politician; only favored by some political gladiators in party maybe for something personal but in terms of good governance, he is simply not the right person. He is a compensated politician.
You are a young, handsome, educated politician please tell us your marital status?
Well am getting married very soon. Very much engaged

What is your hope about the forth-coming elections?

My hope remains my hope. JK we know, JK we trust. Kosofe Eyo, Moyo Nio. We are going to win this battle, we are going to defeat them; we are going to beat them. Am not just running my mouth but I can tell you that in this forth coming elections, victory will be for the PDP.

http://metrotimesngr..com/2015/04/meet-moyosore-ogunlewe-youngest-pdp.html

Re: Meet Moyo Ogunlewe: Youngest PDP Lagos Assembly Contestant by PassingShot(m): 2:25pm On Apr 09, 2015
He has ridden on his father's influence to become another politician hoping to steal from Lagos just as PDP stole Nigeria dry.

If your intentions are good, I wish you best of luck sha.
Re: Meet Moyo Ogunlewe: Youngest PDP Lagos Assembly Contestant by Sweetguy25: 2:26pm On Apr 09, 2015
How old is he?
Re: Meet Moyo Ogunlewe: Youngest PDP Lagos Assembly Contestant by kennydee05(m): 2:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
K
At this your early stage in politics, you have started lying.... I pity the people u will be representing...
Their is no local government called Ikpata local government.
Here are the 16 local governments in Kwara State:

Asa
Baruten
Edu
Ekiti
Ifelodun
Ilorin East
Ilorin South
Ilorin West
Irepodun
Isin
Kaiama
Moro
Offa
Oke Ero
Oyun
Pategi
Re: Meet Moyo Ogunlewe: Youngest PDP Lagos Assembly Contestant by PerfectFortune: 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
kennydee05:
K
At this your early stage in politics, you have started lying.... I pity the people u will be representing...
Their is no local government called Ikpata local government.
Here are the 16 local governments in Kwara State:

Asa
Baruten
Edu
Ekiti
Ifelodun
Ilorin East
Ilorin South
Ilorin West
Irepodun
Isin
Kaiama
Moro
Offa
Oke Ero
Oyun
Pategi

Maybe he meant pategi LG. the interviewer might have made the mistake
Re: Meet Moyo Ogunlewe: Youngest PDP Lagos Assembly Contestant by kennydee05(m): 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
PerfectFortune:

Maybe he meant pategi LG. the interviewer might have made the mistake
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Finally, Buhari Rewards Hon. Suleiman A. Kawu With Appointment.. Profile Inside / The Biafrans Are Not And Have Never Been "Indigenous People." / Meet The Latest Cabal In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.