Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,159 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard (36466 Views)

Results Of Lagos Governorship, House Of Assembly Polls -vanguard / Igbo In Lagos Endorse Agbaje / 16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by ogene007: 3:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:

No one, I repeat, no one can tell the Yoruba's who to vote for. We are too intellectually sound to be spoonfeed. We voted Jona back den, we would av voted him but for his incompetencies, u don't change ur child school if she's doin well. U consolidate. We won't change a wining team. APC all the way
Go and tell people in Alimosho, Olodi Apapa, Coker, Orile Iganmu, Okoko etc that APC has been a winning team. Overwhelming majority of Lagosian are sick and tired of 16 years of looting and growing indebtedness of Lagos State by the Jagabandit. No amount of propaganda from you little children, operating from the APC situation room that can take away the fact that stares all Lagosian in the face. LASTMA, KAI, VIO will become the new terror in Lagos when they are backed by federal police, in their anti-people activities. No sensible motorist, Landlord, business owner will vote APC, because Lagos state as presently constituted is thiefnnubu's private business empire. It is time for change and that time is now, and JK is the man.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Toluifetutu: 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
Legalaffairs:

IF TO ALIGN IS THE REASON YOU WILL VOTE APC, THEN U DON'T HAVE A POINT. LAGOS FOR SIXTEEN YEARS MADE US BELIEVE THERE IS MERITS IN BEING UNALIGNED. EXPLAIN?

The same Jimi told us Lagos can't afford to miss the oppournity to align with the federal ( when he though GEJ would win) grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Desteenee(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:
Am a Lagosian, I love my state more than any foreigner
could. I want the progress of Lagos. I am not Voting to
Prove a Point like most foreigners are saying now, I am
voting for what is right. Lagos is working, am proud of
my state, I won't let those from states like Abia, Ebonyi
destroy the good works in lagos because of Envy and
Tribalism. We all know what theodre Orji of the PDP
turn Abia into. Never will such happen in Lagos. I will
vote APC, to align Lagos with the Centre and to reap d
benefit of working with the FG.
Eko onibaje
Are you sure of your origin? All this people claiming Lagos I tire for una o. Is it because your state/ town is backward, that will make you now claim to be a lagosian? haba!
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by nnapo: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
dre11:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/lagos-governorship-eight-parties-endorse-agbaje/

Power corrupts a man with a good heart not to talk of one with a questionable history. please I wish you all could look beyond this recent victory by APC and be aware of its leader, Tinubu who is quickly becoming the most powerful personality in nigerian politics, which i admire since he is one of the few people my generation was able to observe his humble beginning. he has the the ability to stand up to any challenge as he has proven in the past but his hands are not clean. I plead with nigerians not to be carried away with these CHANGE propaganda (as we all know that majority of the people who makes up APC are previous members of PDP so nothing much is changing) and give absolute power to APC , Tinubu. lets not forget that it took sixteen years to voice our discomfort if this people decide to misbehave it would take longer.
The only way out is to follow Tinubu legacy (since we all know that lagos has been the opposition party stronghold for quite a while) by leaving lagos as an opposition state by voting jimi. remember we would not have known some credible people like Fashola and the rest without a strong opposition party. If they claim to be the change we are looking for then the federal government should be able to look beyond their differences and develop Lagos with whoever is its Governor.
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by babajero(m): 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:

No one, I repeat, no one can tell the Yoruba's who to vote for. We are too intellectually sound to be spoonfeed. We voted Jona back den, we would av voted him but for his incompetencies, u don't change ur child school if she's doin well. U consolidate. We won't change a wining team. APC all the way
yorubas has been. Spoonfed since the time of awolowo upto now till years to come
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by humberjade: 4:01pm On Apr 09, 2015
So many well meaning Yorubas has frowned at and apologised for the ugly statement by Oba Akiolu, yet these pple are going an extra learnt to make sure they melt out their anger on Ambode. I wonder why some pple can be so unforgiving.

Anyways, except d Almighty God wishes dat power changes hand in Lagos State, will all these threats not be in vain. For it is written in d book of Ps 127:1

"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it..."

Only if God is against Ambo will ur coming 2gether be fruitful.

Isaiah 8: 9 & 10

9 Associate yourselves, O ye people, and ye shall
be broken in pieces; and give ear, all ye of far
countries: gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken
in pieces; gird yourselves, and ye shall be broken
in pieces.

10 Take counsel together, and it shall come to
nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for
God is with us.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by nnapo: 4:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
dre11:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/lagos-governorship-eight-parties-endorse-agbaje/

Power corrupts a man with a good heart not to talk of one with a questionable history. please I wish you all could look beyond this recent victory by APC and be aware of its leader, Tinubu who is quickly becoming the most powerful personality in nigerian politics, which i admire since he is one of the few people my generation was able to observe his humble beginning. he has the the ability to stand up to any challenge as he has proven in the past but his hands are not clean. I plead with nigerians not to be carried away with these CHANGE propaganda (as we all know that majority of the people who makes up APC are previous members of PDP so nothing much is changing) and give absolute power to APC , Tinubu. lets not forget that it took sixteen years to voice our discomfort if this people decide to misbehave it would take longer.
The only way out is to follow Tinubu legacy (since we all know that lagos has been the opposition party stronghold for quite a while) by leaving lagos as an opposition state by voting jimi. remember we would not have known some credible people like Fashola and the rest without a strong opposition party. If they claim to be the change we are looking for then the federal government should be able to look beyond their differences and develop Lagos with whoever is its Governor.

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by nnapo: 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
dre11:

The only way out is to follow Tinubu legacy (since we all know that lagos has been the opposition party stronghold for quite a while) by leaving lagos as an opposition state by voting jimi. remember we would not have known some credible people like Fashola and the rest without a strong opposition party. If they claim to be the change we are looking for then the federal government should be able to look beyond their differences and develop Lagos with whoever is its Governor.[color=#990000][/color][center][/center]
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by LAX89(m): 4:03pm On Apr 09, 2015
Abeyjide:
is like is better for INEC to to withdraw all this political party with no future.too much party are causing lot of backwardness in nigeria.

It's either you want Democracy, or you don't want Democracy! Democracy implies that every political party/association that meets INEC registration rules, as stated by law, MUST be allowed to REGISTER and PARTICIPATE in ALL elections as prescribed by LAW! You cannot only support Democracy when it favours your beliefs and objectives, and if we're not matured enough to practice Democracy, then we should invite our former colonial masters, or the military back, to take over.
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by judiciarypalava: 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
WE HAVE DECIDED.

JK will liberate Lagos from the bondage of the king of Burdelion, the lagoon oba and co.

JK for liberation.
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by akpanbaba: 4:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
Before you cast your vote for Ambode please get the recorded interview between Agbaje and Ambode and draw your conclusion.I think AMBODE is "yes sir" man and does not fit Lagos
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by tunery004(m): 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
ogene007:

You are a slave by your thoughts and actions while the Igbos have never bowed to the hausa/fulani. and will never do so because we know and believe that we are God's own people. If God be for us, who can be against us. After the civil war, your Awolowo tried to decimate the Igbos economically by his wicked monetary policy, but what is the story today? Igbos are the biggest Landlords in Lagos, Abuja and various other major cities outside the southeast region, while your reaction, which is not different from the silly Oba is envy and sheer jealousy that a people you schemed all your life to put down are simply not being put down, but continue to go higher. On saturday, we will show you once again, how powerful we are as a people, when we sense that we have been threatened. Meanwhile, JK we know and JK we trust
I wish u could fight and defend ur state as u are fighting and trying to defend Lagos. Its only a stupid man dat will forget his home and develop another man's home.
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by feedthenation(m): 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
Why vote for PDP, a party that can't coordinate a proper governorship primary without infighting among the contestants and delegates.

We all see how the governorship primary was rigged in favour of Agbaje by Bode George.

How can such a party govern Lagos State.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by ThisMeansWAR: 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mitsurugi:

slowpoke, since you want me to believe you are intelligent. fine; grin explain this statement "won't let those from states like Abia, Ebonyi
destroy the good works in Lagos because of Envy and
Tribalism."
and tell me how it contributes to the issue at hand? grin
since you didn't go to school... Lemme dummy down the meaning of tribalism for you.. Dead brain..

I hate Igbo tribe because they have flat heads - that's is tribalism

Mentioning a state is not tribalism because he didn't mention any tribe in particular.. Tribalism was derived from particular word tribe..

Now dummy, tell me, is ebonyi a state or a tribe?

Go to school, they no go gree.
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
oneeast:
JK is winning this election by a very wide margin. cheesy

Chino.....there was a time you talked about political ambition in Anambra....what has gone wrong?

#OBIANOSCAMMEDYOU. No Kia Pincanto....No job....
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by tunery004(m): 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
ogene007:

Go and tell people in Alimosho, Olodi Apapa, Coker, Orile Iganmu, Okoko etc that APC has been a winning team. Overwhelming majority of Lagosian are sick and tired of 16 years of looting and growing indebtedness of Lagos State by the Jagabandit. No amount of propaganda from you little children, operating from the APC situation room that can take away the fact that stares all Lagosian in the face. LASTMA, KAI, VIO will become the new terror in Lagos when they are backed by federal police, in their anti-people activities. No sensible motorist, Landlord, business owner will vote APC, because Lagos state as presently constituted is thiefnnubu's private business empire. It is time for change and that time is now, and JK is the man.
Its alarming that its ppl with names dat sound like dey are from the SE dat are complaining. Well I live in lagos, and I av seen d development, our schools buildings are now standard not like d Jakande of befor, our roads, hospitals, sport facilities are all top notch now. We are not there yet, but we are on the right path
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by lloydpras: 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:

#OnPoint

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
oneeast:
I just entered lagos this morning. From Sheraton at Mobolaji Bank Anthony way to Island its all about JK.

WE shall shake this town tomorrow in favor of JK

grin grin grin grin grin Chiiinnnoooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Dandeson1(m): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
CHESSBOARD:

grin grin grin grin Na so e pain you reach?...
the party no just get direction. they can't stand on their own,, always licking pDP's ass
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by tunery004(m): 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
Legalaffairs:

SOME ALIGNED STATES UNDER PDP PERFORMED/ PERFORMING BADLY. PERFORMANCE IS NOT EMBEDDED IN PARTY PLATFORM, IT IS A PERSONAL RESOLVE AND A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE.I ENCOURAGE YOU TO VOTE FOR INTEGRITY.
IF TO ALIGN IS THE REASON YOU WILL VOTE APC, THEN U DON'T HAVE A POINT. LAGOS FOR SIXTEEN YEARS MADE US BELIEVE THERE IS MERITS IN BEING UNALIGNED. EXPLAIN?
Show me the PDP blueprint. Dey don't av one. Watch all APC state, they all work wit a similar blueprint. Until PDP get a blueprint.........APC all d way
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by sinizia: 4:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
tunery004:
Am a Lagosian, I love my state more than any foreigner
could. I want the progress of Lagos. I am not Voting to
Prove a Point like most foreigners are saying now, I am
voting for what is right. Lagos is working, am proud of
my state, I won't let those from states like Abia, Ebonyi
destroy the good works in lagos because of Envy and
Tribalism. We all know what theodre Orji of the PDP
turn Abia into. Never will such happen in Lagos. I will
vote APC, to align Lagos with the Centre and to reap d
benefit of working with the FG.
Eko onibaje

And you just have to take shots at the Igbos before you pass your message across? So it's only Abians and Ebonyis that are the foreigners living in Lagos? So other tribes will not destroy Lagos except those from Abia? SMH
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
ilugunboy:

Chino.....there was a time you talked about political ambition in Anambra....what has gone wrong?

grin grin grin... he is living better than you...ilaje boy lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by oneeast: 4:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dayo my man. People with deeper pocket prevailed on me to step down just before the primaries. I did that because not only that the guy has a deeper pocket he is also much older than me. So I surrendered. cheesy

ilugunboy:

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by onyenkuzii: 4:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
yungcyrus:
In Jim Agbaje i trust.
If dem like, make dem throw me for LAGOON.

I hope you also trust Bode George and Ogunlewe
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by milwaukee: 4:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
let the Igbo go and develop the land that East and and live among each other if they very good in helping other tribe develop their land, so others will not keep telling them to go back.
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
The people of lagos will benefit more from a balance level of federal and state party system i.e APC.

If PDP wins in Lagos, the ongoing APC projects will be abandoned and truth be said Lagos will be worst than Abia state. PDP are known for looting and that is why they are strategizing all means 2 win Lagos @ all cost.

People should ask themselves what will Jimi agbaje achieve? Okay removing lekki toll gate and what other thing?? He was even saying Atlantic city suppose to be @ baadagry. What a lame idea!

Meanwhile ambode's vision is to continue the works of Fashola and more.

Well Igbos have decided to vote for PDP, congrats but don't be surprise the outcome of d election will still favour APC and they will be put 2 shame.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by tunery004(m): 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
Mitsurugi:

dude I supported buhari heck even my wife voted for him. I would prefer ambode, because i believe he has the credentials, continuity will work in Lagos' favour and more importantly... tinubu has the strange knack of picking the best. Not all Ibos subscribe to sentiments, there are many of us who are educated in the true sense of the word and have been involved in politics and governance. The truth is many shouting PDP and JK will likely not vote on Saturday! But at the end of the day let God's will be done! grin Peace bro.
Amen........ I av frnds from the SE dat are not also blinded by revenge. But must on here just wanna prove a point to d oba.
May d best man win

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by yungcyrus(m): 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
onyenkuzii:

I hope you also trust Bode George and Ogunlewe
abeg re-read my post again....
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by onyenkuzii: 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
judiciarypalava:
WE HAVE DECIDED.

JK will liberate Lagos from the bondage of the king of Burdelion, the lagoon oba and co.

JK for liberation.

He would liberate you and hand you over to Bode George and Ogunlewe
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
judiciarypalava:
WE HAVE DECIDED.

JK for liberation.

One of the most shallow reasoning ever expressed on NL. Jimi will liberate you from Oba of Lagos? grin grin grin grin

Oba of Lagos will reign as long as he lives. Governors come and go, Oba remains.

Whichever way you will not be liberated from the Oba.
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by Nobody: 4:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
milwaukee:
let the Igbo go and develop the land that East and and live among each other if they very good in helping other tribe develop their land, so others will not keep telling them to go back.

Sir thank u. I was about to say same thing. I visited the east recently and I can boast dat south west and even south south is far developed dan that those places. U can count d industries there unlike here which is uncountable. The south west are known for accommodating spirit and dat is why improvement and increment is happening here.
Re: Lagos Governorship: Eight Parties Endorse Agbaje... Vanguard by alaladakosta(f): 4:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
Well, have been following the rant of my igbo brothers here on nairLanad. I think at the end of the day if a pc wins with a little margin, hmmm it's really going to tough for my African Jew business men. Cus Lagos state can say ,alaba market shout be use for its original plan, ladipo too same thing. So it's always going to be a win win for aPc. Igbo men will suffer for it more directly indirectly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ayiri Emami Storms Delta Community. PICS / 2019: Thank Ekiti People: ATIKU / EndSARS: Buhari To Address Nigerians At 7pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.