Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,743 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. (3481 Views)

Ali Madaki Orders The Arrest Of Two Men For Criticizing Him On Facebook / Buhari Orders The Probe Of The "New" Arms Deal / Imo North: Appeal Court Sends Senator Achonu Of PDP Packing, Orders Rerun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
According to Daily Post, hundreds of shop
owners – a majority of them reported to be
Igbos – were forced to shut down their shops
at the Idumota market on lagos Island, and
ordered to attend a rally in honor of
Akinwunmi Ambode.
This is coinciding with the monarch coming
under fire for threatening igbos who would
vote against Ambode in the forthcoming
elections.
A trader told the paper: “We arrived Idumota
market as early as 8 am. Shortly after, some
thugs came, ordering us to shut our shops on
the orders of Oba Akiolu.
“They gave us 10 minutes to hurriedly close
shops and join the waiting vehicles parked in
front of his palace, and heading to Orile,
venue of Ambode’s campaign, led by the
President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.”
An igbo trader in Pharmaceuticals narrated:
“We were shocked at what happened today
(Tuesday). When we got to the market, we
were caught unawares by a purported order
from the Oba of Lagos, directing all traders
to close shop and join a bus heading for
Ambode’s campaign.
“We were shocked by this directive, because
we were never informed the previous day
(Monday) about this directive. More
worrisome is the fact that I lost millions of
Naira because of this self-serving coercion by
the Oba.”
Yet another reported: “I feel this recent
forceful directive by the Oba is in fulfilment
of his recent threat to deal with Ndigbo if
they failed to vote for his preferred
candidate. But as far as I am concerned, no
amount of threat or coercion will deter me
from making my choice at the forthcoming
governorship election in Lagos State”.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Psylas(m): 7:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Pls post the link here

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by 01emek(m): 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
"'''......@@@
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by nyabingi(m): 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Oba in Desporado Mode!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by deltateam: 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Kkk
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
APC sucks!! apc- all problems continues! angry

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by francizy(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
This man is serious but he won't stop me for voting for Jimy
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by FastShipping: 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
elego1:
http://nigeriana.org/133347.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

But your first sentence said "according to dailypost". Why some of you come online to spread lies?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by francizy(m): 7:16pm On Apr 09, 2015
EroticAngelina:

Hehehehe, I pity those ones hoping for the big "change"..

For it has arrived autocratically..
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by dunkem21(m): 7:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
Sauce? undecided
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
francizy:

Hehehehe, I pity those ones hoping for the big "change"..

For it has arrived autocratically..
lol
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
FastShipping:

But your first sentence said "according to dailypost". Why some of you come online to spread lies?
pls, visit the site and read for yourself. The site got the info from daily post and i got the info from the site.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by eluquenson(m): 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
The order came from Iya oloja General not the Oba, this was simply for campaign & same was done during the presidential election too.
Oba don due for our hand oh cos anything now is Oba says this Oba says that, my naija people funny die.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by eaglechild: 7:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
Trash
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by bamidele029: 7:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
PDP you have come with more lies, chai

Anyway you tried worse with Buhari and we saw the end. Ambode will still beat Jimi no matter the propaganda tongue

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 09, 2015
[s]
elego1:
According to Daily Post, hundreds of shop
owners – a majority of them reported to be
Igbos – were forced to shut down their shops
at the Idumota market on lagos Island, and
ordered to attend a rally in honor of
Akinwunmi Ambode.
This is coinciding with the monarch coming
under fire for threatening igbos who would
vote against Ambode in the forthcoming
elections.
A trader told the paper: “We arrived Idumota
market as early as 8 am. Shortly after, some
thugs came, ordering us to shut our shops on
the orders of Oba Akiolu.
“They gave us 10 minutes to hurriedly close
shops and join the waiting vehicles parked in
front of his palace, and heading to Orile,
venue of Ambode’s campaign, led by the
President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.”
An igbo trader in Pharmaceuticals narrated:
“We were shocked at what happened today
(Tuesday). When we got to the market, we
were caught unawares by a purported order
from the Oba of Lagos, directing all traders
to close shop and join a bus heading for
Ambode’s campaign.
“We were shocked by this directive, because
we were never informed the previous day
(Monday) about this directive. More
worrisome is the fact that I lost millions of
Naira because of this self-serving coercion by
the Oba.”
Yet another reported: “I feel this recent
forceful directive by the Oba is in fulfilment
of his recent threat to deal with Ndigbo if
they failed to vote for his preferred
candidate. But as far as I am concerned, no
amount of threat or coercion will deter me
from making my choice at the forthcoming
governorship election in Lagos State”.
[/s]
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by ffrankers(m): 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2015
Too bad for our democracy...
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by fosidewok: 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
Now. Let us see the owners of Lagos.

Igbo people will be purnished for insulting a crown Yoruba king.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by usbcable(m): 8:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
no link yet you say dailypost and later provide one useless link.

PDP and lies

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by omenka(m): 8:07pm On Apr 09, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Oh, so there are indeed problems.... Good to know.

PDP- people distributing poverty.
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:
Oh, so there are indeed problems.... Good to know.

PDP- people distributing poverty.
laaammmeeeeee!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by KevinDein: 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
when Ambode wins, Yoruba are gonna treat the fuckks ups of the flattees. they are gonna systematically make life difficult for these empty chest beaters, frustrating them at every opportunity. ohhhh, how I missed the Hausas. heads be Rollin by now....and suya be served to the dogs.
brazing myself..... can't wait. shiiitt is gonna be fun....lmao

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by usbcable(m): 8:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
elego1:
pls, visit the site and read for yourself. The site got the info from daily post and i got the info from the site.
the site did not provide any link.
so this in law is called aiding and abetting of falsehood.

Stop the lies my dear.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by chat2deen(m): 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
Chai

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by omenka(m): 8:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
EroticAngelina:
laaammmeeeeee!!!!!
It should be since there isn't anything er¤tic about it. Get yourself a dild¤ and do yourself a damn favour already.

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 09, 2015
EroticAngelina:

dont say Apc sucks in lagos o i guess u r ibo

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
KevinDein:
when Ambode wins, Yoruba are gonna treat the fuckks ups of the flattees. they are gonna systematically make life difficult for these empty chest beaters, frustrating them at every opportunity. ohhhh, how I missed the Hausas. heads be Rollin by now....and suya be served to the dogs.
brazing myself..... can't wait. shiiitt is gonna be fun....lmao

thats d best thing to do.
i believe they cant try this with Alaafin of Oyo,

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by Trut(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by milky3(f): 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
This can't be real o... sent packing this man shd not cause chaos

Re: Oba Of Lagos Sends Igbo Packing, Orders The Close Down Of Idumota Market. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
Na lie joor. I'm an igbo man and i'll vote for APC.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / IPOB Confronts Willie Obiano In London / Buhari Is A Nepotisitic President - Sahara Reporters. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.