Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / . (3178 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / Single Ladies Discriminated Against By Hotels In Nigeria / Philip Emagwali:I Am Yoruba from Onitsha And Onitsha Is Yoruba Land! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2015
Re: . by kodded(m): 7:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
This is horrible angry

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 09, 2015
An Edo person who doesn't worship the feet Yoruba stand on?? Wow what a surprise!
Re: . by madridguy(m): 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
God will help you.

1 Like

Re: . by ucheheart(m): 7:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
Resign or hate them back
Re: . by ephemm(m): 7:56pm On Apr 09, 2015
Don't try to please them o
Whaat?!

Ori ni e joor - you are the head

Yorubas don't bow to any tribe.
They feel inferior to you and actually use the hate to measure-up.

Stand up straight, raise your head up high!
If they refuse to love you, let them go and die in the lagoon!

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
lol! Fayose should employ some Edo people in ekiti na
Re: . by tupem: 8:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
cheesy laughing in ijebu! na wa for Naija! oyinbo dey happy say prediction don dey happen small small! Nigeria! meanwhile, op you can lie o! angry
Re: . by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
ephemm:
Don't try to please them o
Whaat?!

Ori ni e joor - you are the head

Yorubas don't bow to any tribe.
They feel inferior to you and actually use the hate to measure-up.

Stand up straight, raise your head up high!

While "prejudice" is wrong, I can understand where they're coming from. Yoruba people try to force their culture and ideas on people, especially Edos since they try to "claim" us like property. And Yoruba people kill me by saying their superior. Superior in what? Yorubas are just as irritating as the Igbos. I wouldn't have gone about it that way, but I'm glad more Edos aren't brainwashed by this so called Edo-Yoruba brotherhood..

3 Likes

Re: . by pimplucious: 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
Becky is that u?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
aim5:

While "prejudice" is wrong, I can understand where they're coming from. Yoruba people try to force their culture and ideas on people, especially Edos since they try to "claim" us like property. And Yoruba people kill me by saying their superior. Superior in what? Yorubas are just as irritating as the Igbos. I wouldn't have gone about it that way, but I'm glad more Edos aren't brainwashed by this so called Edo-Yoruba brotherhood..
why are you introducing hate speech to my post please?

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
barrnchedo:
why are you introducing hate speech to my post please?

Listen, it's not hatred. I don't despise Yorubas, I just find their ignorance and superiority complex to be very annoying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 09, 2015
Are thnes paying ur salary? Or even if. Ur boss is hating he sure sha can't deny u of ur salary so jstbone them.
Try to b as nice as u can but don't go begging them. Dey rdones with d problem not u.
Re: . by ChristyG(f): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2015
aim5:

are edos any better?pls when u stop half of women from prostituting in italy then u can come and talk sh1t about yoruba pple,ur people are just as disgusting as ibos,urs is just in smaller numbers.last time i checked,they are more edos speaking yoruba language, bearing their names(who would someone who has no yoruba blood in him be bearing yoruba names.e.g toyin aihmaku,segun aganga,femi ogedengbe.)i have never seen a yoruba bearing osaretin,osagie efe,acting in their movie industry,it is edos forcing the brotherhood not yoruba

4 Likes

Re: . by ChristyG(f): 10:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
barrnchedo:
Please help save me from this agony. My husband is from Edo State while I am Yoruba. I work in Edo State Civil Service Commission. My fellow Staff have not accepted me as one of them. They even said that there is no Edo person in my home State Civil service (Ekiti State). I have done everything to please them, yet they keep hating me. Am extremely nice to all. What do I do?
why u go marry edo?se omo yoruba ti ton laye ni?
Re: . by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
ChristyG:
are edos any better?pls when u stop half of women from prostituting in italy then u can come and talk sh1t about yoruba pple,ur people are just as disgusting as ibos,urs is just in smaller numbers.last time i checked,they are more edos speaking yoruba language, bearing their names(who would someone who has no yoruba blood in him be bearing yoruba names.e.g toyin aihmaku,segun aganga,femi ogedengbe.)i have never seen a yoruba bearing osaretin,osagie efe,acting in their movie industry,it is edos forcing the brotherhood not yoruba

This foolish Yoruba broad. Well Toying Aimakhu is like most Edo North people who try to assimilate into Yoruba culture, so you hit the nail on that. And as for prostitution, yes it has been a problem in Edo State, but it's just blown out of proportion. You're the ones making laughable claims about how we come from Yoruba and that you're our "big brother" so to speak. And for your dam.n information, Edos with sense of self aren't looking for Yoruba respect and validation.

3 Likes

Re: . by ChristyG(f): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
aim5:

This foolish Yoruba broad. Well Toying Aimakhu is like most Edo North people who try to assimilate into Yoruba culture, so you hit the nail on that. And as for prostitution, yes it has been a problem in Edo State, but it's just blown out of proportion. You're the ones making laughable claims about how we come from Yoruba and that you're our "big brother" so to speak. And for your dam.n information, Edos with sense of self aren't looking for Yoruba respect and validation.
the du.m.b edo lad,u just confirmed what i wrote,edo north is still in edo.funny how u only singled out toyin out of all the names i wrote.i guess mercy is also from edo north abi?like i wrote earlier it is edo people forcing the so-called brotherhood,for most yorubas the friendship ends at ore.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
ChristyG:
the du.m.b edo lad,u just confirmed what i wrote,edo north is still in edo.funny how u only singled out toyin out of all the names i wrote.i guess mercy is also from edo north abi?like i wrote earlier it is edo people forcing the so-called brotherhood,for most yorubas the friendship ends at ore.

Esans don't try to assimilate with Yorubas, and Binis with pride don't either. You're only focusing on the brainwashed and weak minded Edos. And dull Yoruba bi.tch, I know that Edo North is a part of Edo, it's just that there's so much diversity there and the Islamic religion makes them an oddball in the state.

3 Likes

Re: . by ChristyG(f): 11:35pm On Apr 09, 2015
aim5:

Esans don't try to assimilate with Yorubas, and Binis with pride don't either. You're only focusing on the brainwashed and weak minded Edos. And dull Yoruba bi.tch, I know that Edo North is a part of Edo, it's just that there's so much diversity there and the Islamic religion makes them an oddball in the state.
who so bitter edo animal?i think u have mistaken me for ur dull unfortunate edo mama,we all know edo is the home of all biatches,both local and international..when ur people stop bearing yoruba names and doing attache then i can buy ur id1otic stories else u just barking and ranting online.i have better thing to do than to argue with a rabid mad dog online,chals

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2015
ChristyG:
who so bitter edo animal?i think u have mistaken me for dull unfortunate edo mama,we all know edo is the home of all biatches,both local and international..when ur people stop bearing yoruba names and doing attache then i can buy ur id1otic stories else u just barking and ranting online.i have better thing to do than to argue with a rabid mad dog online,chals

Uhuki. You're just mad that Edo women are more aesthetically pleasing than you and you're fellow Yoruba owambe women. I admit that Edo women can be bit.chy and treacherous, but I'd rather have that then deal with an annoying, stupid cu.nt like yourselves . I also admit that Yoruba girls have big booties, but that's the only thing you guys have that's worth sh.it.

3 Likes

Re: . by bigfrancis21: 12:38am On Apr 10, 2015
aim5:

That's quite true. I met a yoruba 3 weeks ago at a conference I attended and he barely knew the states of Nigeria beyond SW states. I asked him the states Igbo people are found in and he mentioned proudly Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Benue and Enugu states. Even Edo state too. I educated him on the differences, next he said 'edos are yorubas too. They are a yoruba mix'. I replied him educating him on the edo tribes and their distinctions from Yoruba. He was shocked. He felt disillusioned.

Due to the oduduwa mythology, the whole Yoruba-Edo one people thing has been ingrained in the minds of Yorubas from childhood such that they grow up believing, albeit rather honestly, that it is the truth. Once you mention Edo, the average yoruba man will respond, 'ah edos are yorubas', barely aware of language differences in both tribes.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 10, 2015
bigfrancis21:

That's quite true. I met a yoruba 3 weeks ago at a conference I attended and he barely knew the states of Nigeria beyond SW states. I asked him the states Igbo people are found in and he mentioned proudly Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Benue and Enugu states. Even Edo state too. I educated him on the differences, next he said 'edos are yorubas too. They are a yoruba mix'. I replied him educating him on the edo tribes and their distinctions from Yoruba. He was shocked. He felt disillusioned.

Due to the oduduwa mythology, the whole Yoruba-Edo one people thing has been ingrained in the minds of Yorubas from childhood such that they grow up believing, albeit rather honestly, that it is the truth. Once you mention Edo, the average yoruba man will respond, 'ah edos are yorubas', barely aware of language differences in both tribes.

Honestly I used to believe that Igbos were the cancer in Nigeria and now the Yorubas have taken that spot. And even though most Igbos can be a handful, I still commend you guys for your contributions in Nigeria and dealing with these ignorant and delusional Yoruba folk on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 10, 2015
aim5:

Honestly I used to believe that Igbos were the cancer in Nigeria and now the Yorubas have taken that spot. And even though most Igbos can be a handful, I still commend you guys for your contributions in Nigeria and dealing with these ignorant and delusional Yoruba folk on a daily basis.

And Yoruba people claim to be the most educated, but they lack basic geography skills. Very loud and rude lot.. Especially the ones based in the US.. The Igbos here are 5x better than them.

1 Like

Re: . by MrPresident1: 11:21am On Apr 10, 2015
SMH on this thread.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 10, 2015
aim5:

Listen, it's not hatred. I don't despise Yorubas, I just find their ignorance and superiority complex to be very annoying.
and u r from where?
Re: . by Funjosh(m): 3:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
Still. Looking for. THe. Day. Nigeria will Become. One

SHe ask for. Advice. All. These. Mumu turn. Thhhe. Threadd. To. Tribal. WaR..
Re: . by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
barrnchedo:
and u r from where?

Esan. Ekpoma to be precise.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
Keep doing your Job well... after a few years the hate would reduce. My Aunt was in your place in 1994 - 1999, now it is a lot better for her. You can force them to like you overnight, it has to be gradual. That does not mean that you should tolerate insults, be as civil and polite as possible.

barrnchedo:
Please help save me from this agony. My husband is from Edo State while I am Yoruba. I work in Edo State Civil Service Commission. My fellow Staff have not accepted me as one of them. They even said that there is no Edo person in my home State Civil service (Ekiti State). I have done everything to please them, yet they keep hating me. Am extremely nice to all. What do I do?
Re: . by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
jump inside Lagoon and don't come out after 7 days or else I would report you to Oba of Lagos!

PS: Don't mess with Yoruba people... smiley

aim5:

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 2:37am On Apr 11, 2015
teeowl:
jump inside Lagoon and don't come out after 7 days or else I would report you to Oba of Lagos!

PS: Don't mess with Yoruba people... smiley

Yoruba guys are weak cowards... can't do anything.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:18am On Apr 11, 2015
teeowl:
Keep doing your Job well... after a few years the hate would reduce. My Aunt was in your place in 1994 - 1999, now it is a lot better for her. You can force them to like you overnight, it has to be gradual. That does not mean that you should tolerate insults, be as civil and polite as possible.

Ok dear, thanks.
Re: . by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 11, 2015
aim5:

Esan. Ekpoma to be precise.
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo State Set For Ahiajoku Festival / How Do You Think You Can Eradicate Tribalism In African Societies / Life In A Muslim House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.