Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,767 members, 7,831,471 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children (45166 Views)

Lady Sold 20 Kidnapped Children In Anambra (Photo) / How We Kidnapped Children From Churches- Suspect Speaks (Pictured) / The Face Of The Nanny Who Kidnapped The Orekoya Kids (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by uzolexis(f): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2015
sacora:
hope all z well?
My dear, words fail me on top this matter.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by davemike1(m): 8:37am On Apr 10, 2015
Koroaso:
*********IN A COUNTRY WHERE PRIORITIES WERE RIGHTLY PLACED POLICE COMMISSIONER MBU WOULD HAVE SET TO WORK TO FIND THE MISSING KIDS*********

********BUT SINCE THE KIDS DONT BELONG TO PATIENCE JONATHAN,I GUESS HE DONT GIVE A DAMN**********

********CHIBOK GIRLS HAVE NOT BEEN FOUND,NOW KIDS ARE KIDNAPPED IN THEIR OWN HOMES.....THE YOUNG DESERVES TO GROW,AND THEY DESERVE PROTECTION THATS THE FIRST PRIORITY OF ANY SANE GOVERNMENT *********

********WHEN OKONJI IWEALA'S MOM WAS KIDNAPPED,WHEN JONATHANS UNCLE WAS KIDNAPPED WE ALL SAW AND HEARD THE ACTION********

*******WHEN IS AN ORDINARY NIGERIANS LIFE GOING TO MATTER ?........WHY DO WE KILL OURSELVES TO VOTE THESE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT REALLY GIVE A DAMN ABOUT US**********

********IF IT WAS TO START CHASING GOVERNOR AMAECHI LIKE HE WAS IN LOVE,HE WOULD BE STOKED***********

********IF ITS TO DISRUPT THE HOUSE OF REP,NATIONAL ASSEMBLY NIGERIAN POLICE WILL GO THEIR WITH ARMOURED TANKS AND RIOT GEAR,OR TO CARRY OGA MADAM BAG IN PUBLIC THEY CAN DO ALL THAT***********

*******ASK THEM TO GO TO SAMBISA FOREST TO FREE THE CHIBOK GIRLS AND ARREST SHEKAU OR TO FIND KIDNAPPED CHILDREN,THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY DONT HAVE ADEQUATE GUNS*************

********I WANT TO BELIEVE WE ARE ALL NOT CRAZY IN NIGERIA,CELEBRATING AND DYING FOR POLITICIANS THAT CANNOT GUARANTEE OUR SECURITY,WELFARE....ONCE WE FINISH ELECTION*********

********A COUNTRY WITH MISPLACED PRIORITIES KIDS GO MISSING ONLY TO BE DISCUSSED ON SOCIAL MEDIA...BUT WHEN ONE OBA SAYS PEOPLE SHOULD JUMP IN THE LAGOON THE WHOLE NATION THINKS THATS NEWS**********

GMB/PYO

dis gmb/pyo Nova tire Una, Shea dem Don enter now, Mk we See weda dem go dey from abj com pursue police or lag hia to go do dia duty...

1 Like

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Raylight2(m): 8:37am On Apr 10, 2015
nanny from OLX sha... na wa o

1 Like

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by tivta(m): 8:43am On Apr 10, 2015
allcomage:

Wao! No body is talking about her ethnicity grin
. I swear my brother am surprised as well, if it was drug trafficking they will be quick to point fingers. Now which is worse, drug trafficking or kidnapping of innocent kids? I swear this site is more tribalistic than any other out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Collynzo9: 8:45am On Apr 10, 2015
allcomage:

Wao! No body is talking about her ethnicity grin
Just imagine if she was Igbo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by pappy2000: 8:46am On Apr 10, 2015
I hope this is not a new form of scamming, the people in question have given out their account number so that people can donate,
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by tsmith(f): 8:49am On Apr 10, 2015
thunder74:
It is well.
Many blaming the parents for leaving their children with complete stranger may not understand what working parents are passing through.
Our maid left about three days ago, I know what I am facing as a father to care for the kids with my work, now they are on holiday.
I could do that because I am my own boss unlike my wife who must leave house daily by 6am.
With desperation, you may even leave your kids with the devil and risk/wish they are safe.

I felt this issue is more of the new Generation not being communal enough, we too like OYO (on your own). We don't ask for communities help; friends,neighbours, church, mosques, relations etc because we do not want to be bothered when they need help. When I was growing up, an hours visit could turn into holiday. We spent our holidays with our cousins in Ilorin, Ibadan and they did vice versa. Now everyone is too selfish and into their own. It's holidays, are you saying you don't have any meaningful rapport and relationship with anyone that can help out with the kids?

Likewise with the missing kids, its a new housegirl, no crime in bundling them all to a neighbour or friends until the housegirl has passed the grace period. I still do not honk its right for the parents to have taken such a risk with a stranger less than 24hours!

And for those that said she could have still done it 4 months later down the line, I disagree. Obviously the house help mission was criminal, if rhwy had a grace period checks in place, like above for example, her motives would show through because her intent is not to come n work, she'd fail in doing that bidding right one way or the other rhat will tell you she's no good!

1 Like

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by tivta(m): 8:53am On Apr 10, 2015
All these feminist here shouting that the man should also take responsibility forget one very important fact. The madam in question carried those babies in her tummy for NINE months, she and she alone will feel more pain than the dad cause NO one knows the pain of childbearing. Now the children have been kidnapped, will she still go to work? If she goes to work can she concentrate? This so called equal rights can't work here in a country where there is little or NO security. Women are always fond of trying to eat their cake and have it. You can't have it all, if you as a woman want comfort or globe trotting, better don't get married, if at all you want to work better find a job that will give you adequate time for your children like teaching. Take it or leave it, it is the woman who will feel the pain the most. NIGERIAN women better be wise.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by tivta(m): 8:55am On Apr 10, 2015
Collynzo9:
. My brother if it was igbo the page would have gotten to page 50 filled with tribalistic remarks. Tribalism is truly Nigerias problem.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by cescky(m): 8:59am On Apr 10, 2015
steppin:
If I was the father of those kids, the moment I get my kids back, their mum would have to see her folks.
For a woman to leave her kids to a complete stranger she got from OLX(yeah! That's right!), says a lot about her level of reasoning.
She values her job more than her family and the husband should give her the chance to marry her job.

Nigerians and idle blame games together with mumuness

the error has been made...... why keep throwing tantrums over spillt milk,
whats the solution? definitly nothing uve said can resolve the issue at hand

always negative....Nigeria retrogresses for lack of positivity

one thing is certain at least the children are alive...and theres hope....what next? your type of attitude only hinders the case
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Wendy80(f): 9:00am On Apr 10, 2015
superior1:
The Nanny is just a member of a larger cabal, her referees should be investigated, how I wish The Nigerian Police is sophisticated enough to nab these crooks sad sad sad

It's become a syndicate. So Sad
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by bluice2(m): 9:06am On Apr 10, 2015
Truth be told, anyone cld be a victim of this. Some cabals cld wait for 6mths to a year before striking; just pray never to be a victim of such circumstance. . . . It is well. . .
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Sundayme(m): 9:06am On Apr 10, 2015
Lord please protect the children. Please bring them back to us safely. Amen.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by morefire: 9:13am On Apr 10, 2015
whizjay:
Mehnnn....

Buhh, wait oh!!
how will you leave a nanny,
Who's also a complete stranger
Alone with your kids
On the first day of resumption!!

angry

Hope the kids return safely sha...

I thought ds way also but again on second thought since this nanny had this intention, even if it was 5 months later she still would have kidnapped them and maybe do worse.

Only God indeed can protect us, and to also think that many nannies and house helps will be sacked after this is also sad
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:24am On Apr 10, 2015
This is one of the worst reporting done by punch
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Omotayor123(f): 9:31am On Apr 10, 2015
#Just thinking.
This message has bin broadcast to majority of Nigerians. What if d Ransom call is not from d kidnappers but from other pple dat want to take advantage of d situation.
The parent should try to b calm and double sure.

I pray dey find d children soon. So sad!

1 Like

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Seehow: 9:37am On Apr 10, 2015
My candid advice.
Police should ensure that the nanny is actually a member of a gang.

Reason is this, is possible some elements just wanted to take advantage of the information to claim they have the children, in order to cheaply get a ramsom of children they dont have in their custody.

secondly is possible the nanny was kidnapped along with the children.
So whoever is contacting the family for ramsom should be compelled to allow them hear the voices of the kids and the nanny.
Before any major decision come in place.
My sympathy to the family and I pray for save return of these children.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Ricswagger: 9:38am On Apr 10, 2015
Koroaso:
*********IN A COUNTRY WHERE PRIORITIES WERE RIGHTLY PLACED POLICE COMMISSIONER MBU WOULD HAVE SET TO WORK TO FIND THE MISSING KIDS*********

********BUT SINCE THE KIDS DONT BELONG TO PATIENCE JONATHAN,I GUESS HE DONT GIVE A DAMN**********

********CHIBOK GIRLS HAVE NOT BEEN FOUND,NOW KIDS ARE KIDNAPPED IN THEIR OWN HOMES.....THE YOUNG DESERVES TO GROW,AND THEY DESERVE PROTECTION THATS THE FIRST PRIORITY OF ANY SANE GOVERNMENT *********

********WHEN OKONJI IWEALA'S MOM WAS KIDNAPPED,WHEN JONATHANS UNCLE WAS KIDNAPPED WE ALL SAW AND HEARD THE ACTION********

*******WHEN IS AN ORDINARY NIGERIANS LIFE GOING TO MATTER ?........WHY DO WE KILL OURSELVES TO VOTE THESE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT REALLY GIVE A DAMN ABOUT US**********

********IF IT WAS TO START CHASING GOVERNOR AMAECHI LIKE HE WAS IN LOVE,HE WOULD BE STOKED***********

********IF ITS TO DISRUPT THE HOUSE OF REP,NATIONAL ASSEMBLY NIGERIAN POLICE WILL GO THEIR WITH ARMOURED TANKS AND RIOT GEAR,OR TO CARRY OGA MADAM BAG IN PUBLIC THEY CAN DO ALL THAT***********

*******ASK THEM TO GO TO SAMBISA FOREST TO FREE THE CHIBOK GIRLS AND ARREST SHEKAU OR TO FIND KIDNAPPED CHILDREN,THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY DONT HAVE ADEQUATE GUNS*************

********I WANT TO BELIEVE WE ARE ALL NOT CRAZY IN NIGERIA,CELEBRATING AND DYING FOR POLITICIANS THAT CANNOT GUARANTEE OUR SECURITY,WELFARE....ONCE WE FINISH ELECTION*********

********A COUNTRY WITH MISPLACED PRIORITIES KIDS GO MISSING ONLY TO BE DISCUSSED ON SOCIAL MEDIA...BUT WHEN ONE OBA SAYS PEOPLE SHOULD JUMP IN THE LAGOON THE WHOLE NATION THINKS THATS NEWS**********

GMB/PYO
what is Fashola the incumbent lagos state governor doing about it? Abeg we need change in lagos ,vote for allround transformation

1 Like

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 9:46am On Apr 10, 2015
This should serve as a warning!!! Nobody should ever use OLX again to transact any business its a haven for criminals. Though I also blame the parents for their carelessness
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by awesomeness(f): 9:50am On Apr 10, 2015
emusmith:
A nanny, Mary Akinloye, who allegedly kidnapped three kids in the Surulere area of Lagos State has demanded N15m from the victim’s parents, PUNCH Metro has learnt.

Our correspondent learnt that the family was contacted on Thursday by the suspect and others, who were suspected to be members of her group. They were said to have demanded the N15m as ransom.

PUNCH Metro had reported on Wednesday that the Orekoya family had posted information on OLX, an online sales portal, seeking the service of a nanny.

Our correspondent reported that Akinloye indicated interest and gave the Orekoyas the contacts of two people who she said were her relatives.It was reported that the family agreed to formalilse documentation with the purported relatives before the week ran out.

After the 23-year-old resumed for work on Tuesday, she was said to have taken the three children ─ Aderomola (11 months old), Adedamola (4 years old), Demola (6 years old) ─ out, while their parents were away.

She had since not returned. A family friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the kidnappers contacted the family and demanded N15m on Thursday.

The information was confirmed by another friend who put up the post on a social medium, Facebook.
He said, “Is it a crime to employ a house help? The kidnappers have demanded N15m.”

Efforts to reach the family were abortive as they continued to reject calls made to their lines.
They also did not reply to three text messages sent to them on the matter.

The Police Public Relations, Kenneth Nwosu, said investigations were on.
He said, “Investigations are on and that is all I can say for now.

“There are things you do that can jeopardise investigation.
“What is important in a case like this is to ensure that the children are returned hale and hearty. There are information you may have and if you disclose it, you could break the line of communication. So, we are still on the matter to ensure the safe return of the kids.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/nanny-demands-n15m-for-kidnapped-lagos-children/

OLX! Sell it!! Guess they r selling d kids... only this time, it's to d real owners

1 Like

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by smite(m): 9:58am On Apr 10, 2015
Mary AKINLOYE but why?

1 Like

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by tommiblack: 10:00am On Apr 10, 2015
But waito, naija way every body na hustler naim you go post "looking for Nanny" in olx . See Gobe. Na online sales na. Three kids for 15M. This na heavy one chance for you the parents when post and brain wen let una to leave house completely after just one day for a total stranger with una lovely three kids. Next time you need a nanny you go remember where una village. #MayGodSeeyouthroughthistryingmoment#
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by kayalla(f): 10:10am On Apr 10, 2015
this ones cant get far with this. the mind of those innocent children will give them up.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 10, 2015
That same OLX, where similar issue happened last year.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by sacora(f): 11:01am On Apr 10, 2015
uzolexis:

My dear, words fail me on top this matter.
lolz......
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by olu77(m): 11:24am On Apr 10, 2015
instinct57vm:

dey dserv death by hanging. people are indeed callous

Extremely callous
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by saintbeckie(f): 11:29am On Apr 10, 2015
Fellow nairalanders, i dont fink dis is d time to start shifting blames.U don't know d condition dat warrant her need for maid.Now that school is on break,will she be taking the kids to her office too? lets be fair with our judgements.The truth is dat the world is more wicked now than in any past dispensation because we are in the last days.Pls lets continue praying for the safety recovery these kids in our closets,it will go a long way in the search mission.I really feel for these kids,especially d baby.Nofin evil will happen to these kids in Jesus name and everyone involved in their kidnapping will never know peace until they return them. Just like The Ark of Covenant,they will be a terror in d house of their kidnappers in Jesus name

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by walemadu: 11:30am On Apr 10, 2015
the problem is not OLX. companies like Haspol Jinim provides reliable maids and nannies and have their contact on OLX. the parent made very wrong judgment by not going through a reliable source and just getting a nanny directly and not through an organization that was listed on OLX that can be traced when things like this happens. very good for her i Hope she learns her lesson. stupid woman!

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by shizzleStar: 11:34am On Apr 10, 2015
[size=18]Mary Akinloye[/size]

For posterity....i comment my reserve!!! cool
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by steppin: 11:35am On Apr 10, 2015
LydayBobo:
please grow up
Abeg, Shut up!
VictoriasSecret:

I knew a lot of people will more likely blame the woman without an in-depth knowledge of the situation. What if the couple had worked together all through the process of employing the maid? What if it was only the woman that had a job at the moment? Did she hire a maid so she could stay at home? There is much more to the story that we don't know.

Pls lets condemn evil altogether. The maid and her crew are heartless, pure and simple!
Whatever the case may be, the parents are silly.
Are they deaf to the kidnapping cases all over Nigeria?
This is pure carelessness.
There's no excuse at all.
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by shizzleStar: 11:38am On Apr 10, 2015
Collynzo9:
Some hopeless nonentities would have had a field day running their Yoruba mouth with spittle all over the place
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Mintayo(m): 11:39am On Apr 10, 2015
udysweet:
Gbam! U hit it on d head!useless site,seems like almost everytin there is scam. God will arise in the case of this kids because they are His heritage. He will put to shame these useless syndicate. I wish the Law enforcement can go to work and do something about this. All I know is these kids shall not,must and will not die! In the name of Jesus(abg na prayer me sabi o,if God dsnt always answer all my prayers He's MUSt answer this one)
Amen and amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Officers, Soldiers Were Ambushed – Unknown Soldier's Voice Note / Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos / Lisa Venison: 'Apostle Love Judah Has Sex With Members' Wives, Threesomes'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.