Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children (45144 Views)

Lady Sold 20 Kidnapped Children In Anambra (Photo) / How We Kidnapped Children From Churches- Suspect Speaks (Pictured) / The Face Of The Nanny Who Kidnapped The Orekoya Kids (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 1:08am On Apr 10, 2015
A nanny, Mary Akinloye, who allegedly kidnapped three kids in the Surulere area of Lagos State has demanded N15m from the victim’s parents, PUNCH Metro has learnt.

Our correspondent learnt that the family was contacted on Thursday by the suspect and others, who were suspected to be members of her group. They were said to have demanded the N15m as ransom.

PUNCH Metro had reported on Wednesday that the Orekoya family had posted information on OLX, an online sales portal, seeking the service of a nanny.

Our correspondent reported that Akinloye indicated interest and gave the Orekoyas the contacts of two people who she said were her relatives.It was reported that the family agreed to formalilse documentation with the purported relatives before the week ran out.

After the 23-year-old resumed for work on Tuesday, she was said to have taken the three children ─ Aderomola (11 months old), Adedamola (4 years old), Demola (6 years old) ─ out, while their parents were away.

She had since not returned. A family friend, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said the kidnappers contacted the family and demanded N15m on Thursday.

The information was confirmed by another friend who put up the post on a social medium, Facebook.
He said, “Is it a crime to employ a house help? The kidnappers have demanded N15m.”

Efforts to reach the family were abortive as they continued to reject calls made to their lines.
They also did not reply to three text messages sent to them on the matter.

The Police Public Relations, Kenneth Nwosu, said investigations were on.
He said, “Investigations are on and that is all I can say for now.

“There are things you do that can jeopardise investigation.
“What is important in a case like this is to ensure that the children are returned hale and hearty. There are information you may have and if you disclose it, you could break the line of communication. So, we are still on the matter to ensure the safe return of the kids.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/nanny-demands-n15m-for-kidnapped-lagos-children/

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by whizjay(m): 1:30am On Apr 10, 2015
Mehnnn....

Buhh, wait oh!!
how will you leave a nanny,
Who's also a complete stranger
Alone with your kids
On the first day of resumption!!

angry

Hope the kids return safely sha...

151 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by August21(m): 1:34am On Apr 10, 2015
This case is Classic. I hope d police do somtin urgent abt dis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 10, 2015
Na wa o...
Nigeria is a silly nation,
200 plus girls are missing, no news of
them since last year,
we really deserve a change of system, i
pray they find the kids unharmed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Koroaso: 1:43am On Apr 10, 2015
*********IN A COUNTRY WHERE PRIORITIES WERE RIGHTLY PLACED POLICE COMMISSIONER MBU WOULD HAVE SET TO WORK TO FIND THE MISSING KIDS*********

********BUT SINCE THE KIDS DONT BELONG TO PATIENCE JONATHAN,I GUESS HE DONT GIVE A DAMN**********

********CHIBOK GIRLS HAVE NOT BEEN FOUND,NOW KIDS ARE KIDNAPPED IN THEIR OWN HOMES.....THE YOUNG DESERVES TO GROW,AND THEY DESERVE PROTECTION THATS THE FIRST PRIORITY OF ANY SANE GOVERNMENT *********

********WHEN OKONJI IWEALA'S MOM WAS KIDNAPPED,WHEN JONATHANS UNCLE WAS KIDNAPPED WE ALL SAW AND HEARD THE ACTION********

*******WHEN IS AN ORDINARY NIGERIANS LIFE GOING TO MATTER ?........WHY DO WE KILL OURSELVES TO VOTE THESE PEOPLE WHO DO NOT REALLY GIVE A DAMN ABOUT US**********

********IF IT WAS TO START CHASING GOVERNOR AMAECHI LIKE HE WAS IN LOVE,HE WOULD BE STOKED***********

********IF ITS TO DISRUPT THE HOUSE OF REP,NATIONAL ASSEMBLY NIGERIAN POLICE WILL GO THEIR WITH ARMOURED TANKS AND RIOT GEAR,OR TO CARRY OGA MADAM BAG IN PUBLIC THEY CAN DO ALL THAT***********

*******ASK THEM TO GO TO SAMBISA FOREST TO FREE THE CHIBOK GIRLS AND ARREST SHEKAU OR TO FIND KIDNAPPED CHILDREN,THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY DONT HAVE ADEQUATE GUNS*************

********I WANT TO BELIEVE WE ARE ALL NOT CRAZY IN NIGERIA,CELEBRATING AND DYING FOR POLITICIANS THAT CANNOT GUARANTEE OUR SECURITY,WELFARE....ONCE WE FINISH ELECTION*********

********A COUNTRY WITH MISPLACED PRIORITIES KIDS GO MISSING ONLY TO BE DISCUSSED ON SOCIAL MEDIA...BUT WHEN ONE OBA SAYS PEOPLE SHOULD JUMP IN THE LAGOON THE WHOLE NATION THINKS THATS NEWS**********

GMB/PYO

182 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by superior1: 1:44am On Apr 10, 2015
The Nanny is just a member of a larger cabal, her referees should be investigated, how I wish The Nigerian Police is sophisticated enough to nab these crooks sad sad sad

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by olu77(m): 1:44am On Apr 10, 2015
I knew it will come to this. 5m for each child. What a sad world we live in.

I pray the children are not hurt. The entire team of kidnappers deserve to rot in the worst prison available.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by corektchic: 1:44am On Apr 10, 2015
So painful. I pray dose kids get home safely. It is well n they r in our prayers

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Motolank: 1:44am On Apr 10, 2015
They will return in peace IJN

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by princeonx: 1:46am On Apr 10, 2015
She be akamu case! To catch her go easy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by dre11(m): 1:47am On Apr 10, 2015
PUNCH Metro had reported on Wednesday that the Orekoya family had posted information on OLX, an online sales portal, seeking the service of a nanny.

OLX housemaid again

Just like the one that absconds with her mistress child to early this year.......

But, this people are becoming desperate o just the first day on the job and she showed up her flange

Wish the law enforcement will catch them and deal with them seriously

7 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Mintayo(m): 1:47am On Apr 10, 2015
Very absurd. Nanny from OLX? Like seriously? when you can never get anything really good from OLX, how do you expect to get a good human being from OLX!
Some PARENTS though, leaving their children at the mercy of a total stranger, so absurd!

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Chanchit: 1:47am On Apr 10, 2015
They should just negotiate, pay the money then map out a very good strategy to get that nitwit. After all she has a face cos I'm sure that's not her real name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by ZDXQ: 1:48am On Apr 10, 2015
Can any Good thing come out of OLX...from fake car deals to property now kidnappers.
But I also blame the parents for leaving their home to somebody they just employed..thats the height of carelessness
Esp since the employee was not recommended by a know source..we need to learn how to take charge of our security.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Maczeelly(m): 1:48am On Apr 10, 2015
Dey will return home in peace ijn

7 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by mrofficial(m): 1:48am On Apr 10, 2015
[size=15pt]OLX is always representing...

OLX should stop putting up billboards everywhere and employ good IT guys to clean up their site. OLX is like scammers paradise. All you see from page 1 to 10 are scams on every search angry[/size]

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Chris95(m): 1:48am On Apr 10, 2015
Some Pple r wicked sha! While odas r dumb!

5 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:48am On Apr 10, 2015
People are wicked. I can bet that the girl is working alongside her boyfriend or brother. There's no way they'll pull this off successfully. She'll get caught

9 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by uzolexis(f): 1:49am On Apr 10, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Ymodulus: 1:50am On Apr 10, 2015
[size=15pt]OLX ?!!!!![/size]
Nothing good comes out from that site anymore. Why would they even seek for an house help on OLX,that's not good enough.

Come to think of it. She might possibly not be the one contacting the family. Since the information is on public domain, anybody that knows the parents phone no could attempt to 419 them.

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 10, 2015
The problem is getting solved by God's grace...At least now we know the children are with her

God will perfect everything in Jesus Name. Amen

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 1:50am On Apr 10, 2015
I wonder why the parents are being blamed
Do you hire a nanny so you can stay home with Her
Assuming the parent stayed home,won't she leave home at some point
The nanny was evil
Pure and simple

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by seyithug(m): 1:51am On Apr 10, 2015
This is crazy. Why would you leave your kids with a new Nanny, in the first place?

5 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by primcy(m): 1:51am On Apr 10, 2015
and she thinks she get it.. She wants to reap where she didn't sow. Its just that our police lacks inteligence. Normally this kind of case should be moi moi case to them (police). Nemesis will caught up with her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by pbs4real(m): 1:52am On Apr 10, 2015
May they return safely. . .

4 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by steppin: 1:53am On Apr 10, 2015
If I was the father of those kids, the moment I get my kids back, their mum would have to see her folks.
For a woman to leave her kids to a complete stranger she got from OLX(yeah! That's right!), says a lot about her level of reasoning.
She values her job more than her family and the husband should give her the chance to marry her job.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by tollytexy(m): 1:53am On Apr 10, 2015
Oga ohh!! See strategies of kidnapping again! May God help us .. I pray the kidnappers get caught soon.. hope say dem dey feed those kids sha

2 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by AmakaDNB(f): 1:54am On Apr 10, 2015
Sad

2 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Surd2121(m): 1:55am On Apr 10, 2015
OLX maid again ?? When will our people learn ??

5 Likes

Re: Orekoya's Update: Nanny Demands N15M For Kidnapped Children by Nobody: 1:56am On Apr 10, 2015
Even the baby too
This must be heartbreaking

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Son Promised Me Many Things - Mother Of Apprentice Allegedly Killed By Police / Burial Of 3 Brothers Who Were Murdered & Dumped In River (Photos) / Two Siblings, Dog Found Dead Inside Refrigerator In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.