Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript (2807 Views)

5 Things That Happen When You Graduate With A Poor CGPA / Has Yabatech Suspended Issuance Of Transcript? / My Cgpa Is Currently 1.8, Can I Still Make A 2.1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by okusebi(m): 8:59am On Apr 10, 2015
during my school years i had a target of graduating with second class upper, but after my final result was pasted i found out that my cgpa was 3.4. i knew it was wrongly calculated, i even made complains to the department but i was not given a fair hearing, they said that there is no time to start reviewing into individual problems. that the senate has given them a deadline to submit the result because the want to submit our names for nysc.......also i was not able to do anything bacause i was not having my grades with me , so it was like a mare suspision.
i am currently serving, and i want to go for my masters degree. so i applied for my transcript. so i was able to get it, then i made my own calculations nd i found out that my cgpa is 3.55 .i have given it to different persons to calculate and they all got thesame value...... so how do i solve this issue.
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by CHM11: 9:05am On Apr 10, 2015
what kind of school did this?

OP where did you school? Cos this is gross incompetence!!!!
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by okusebi(m): 9:07am On Apr 10, 2015
CHM11:
what kind of school did this?

OP where did you school? Cos this is gross incompetence!!!!
its delta state university...... dunno how to go about it
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 10, 2015
I am in the same dilemma, i calculated my cgpa it was 3.57, my department refuse to show us our cgoa, so i went to bursary and saw my dept result signed by vice chancelor, what i saw was 3.47. i was really pained, i collected my statement of result and its second class lower. I already applied for transcript.
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by CHM11: 9:20am On Apr 10, 2015
okusebi:

its delta state university...... dunno how to go about it
Oh no wonder... Talk to a Lecturer and get advice.
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by okusebi(m): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2015
what school is that......
naija educational system is something else
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by okusebi(m): 9:26am On Apr 10, 2015
CHM11:

Oh no wonder... Talk to a Lecturer and get advice.
is it even possible that changes can be made. after d result has already been entered into d school database
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by CHM11: 9:28am On Apr 10, 2015
okusebi:

is it even possible that changes can be made. after d result has already been entered into d school database
My brother graduated from Delsu, if this is a real issue and you are serious, he advice you get a Lawyer and go to the student council.

They will be forced to work on it.
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by okusebi(m): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2015
CHM11:

My brother graduated from Delsu, if this is a real issue and you are serious, he advice you get a Lawyer and go to the student council.

They will be forced to work on it.
thats a very good point o.......... if the school data base can be altered....
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by CHM11: 9:37am On Apr 10, 2015
okusebi:

thats a very good point o.......... if the school data base can be altered....
Not your business, just be sure you get an original statement or certificate clearly showing that you made a 2'1
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by demmy0325(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2015
Wonder hw pple live their lifes wen their was no nairaland.... Didnt evn read d tin.. undecided ..
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by okusebi(m): 9:46am On Apr 10, 2015
CHM11:

Not your business, just be sure you get an original statement or certificate clearly showing that you made a 2'1
are you telling me that i will have to wait for original certificate? because i have my statement with me... d statement is carrying 2'2
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by okusebi(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2015
demmy0325:
Wonder hw pple live their lifes wen their was no nairaland.... Didnt evn read d tin.. undecided ..
lols........
na so we see am o
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by CHM11: 9:58am On Apr 10, 2015
okusebi:

are you telling me that i will have to wait for original certificate? because i have my statement with me... d statement is carrying 2'2
I schooled in Uniben, a statement of Result can be corrected easily. Its even better if you've not collected your original certificate. Go make your application and get lecturers to help push it. A Lawyer to help legally effect it will also make sense.
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by okusebi(m): 11:46am On Apr 10, 2015
CHM11:

I schooled in Uniben, a statement of Result can be corrected easily. Its even better if you've not collected your original certificate. Go make your application and get lecturers to help push it. A Lawyer to help legally effect it will also make sense.
thanks
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
It is a waste of time to apply for correction, unless you have a highly place contact at exams and record. Because they will frustrate you i swear. I took mine in good faith.
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by Danny4show(m): 1:26pm On Apr 10, 2015
cowleg:
I am in the same dilemma, i calculated my cgpa it was 3.57, my department refuse to show us our cgoa, so i went to bursary and saw my dept result signed by vice chancelor, what i saw was 3.47. i was really pained, i collected my statement of result and its second class lower. I already applied for transcript.
the same delsu?
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
Danny4show:
the same delsu?

No, IMSU
Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by Danny4show(m): 3:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
cowleg:

No, IMSU
all this SU SU SU sef fear person

2 Likes

Re: Advice.....found Out My Cgpa Was Miscalculated After Collection Of Transcript by Ribaman(m): 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
You situation is not all together strange, my younger one was a victim. I don't think it's a DELSU thing, my sibling suffered same in Unical.
Some heavy dose of praying, and the some hearted people in the DELSU administrative set-up should help.
Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Mighty Snake Taminated In Students Hostel (photo) / "Go To Hell...you Did Not Support My Election" Gov. Obaseki Tells Uniben / How To Know Your JAMB Examination Center And Date For 2018 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.