Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! (792 Views)

On Buhari ' S Statement By Ogundolie Oluwaseun Michael / An Outburst By A Yoruba Man On Facebook - Odekunle Oluwaseun Abel Wrote / Where Is Oluwaseun Osewa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by Rapmoney(m): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2015
Dear Mr Oluwaseun Osewa,

I joined Nairaland in 2008 and that makes me a fairly old member. Before I joined this forum, I have been a guest since the forum was created in 2005! It was the fun, intelligence, enlightment, etc that were visibly seen on this forum that eventually made me to register at the time I registered!

Today, what do I see? Tribalistic and ethnic threads make front page within minutes they are created! Most of these threads are usually negative of the Igbo race!!! Does it mean NL is now a platform to paint a particular ethnic group in bad light? Is this the purpose of creating this forum? What are the mods doing about this ugly development? Some empty and unelightened folks make ethnic, tribal and derogatory comments, yet they don't place bans on them!

Mr Oluwaseun Osewa, if you and your mods feel that Nairaland should be a place where tribalism should thrive, where ethnic, racial and tribal threads should be making front page without these threads being locked or deleted, where people freely make tribal comments glaringly without anything being done, then I see no reason why there should be RULES guiding members!!!

I think you, Mr Oluwaseun Osewa and your mods, should do something about this because it is surely not boosting the image of your forum. Instead, it is spoiling the image of Nairaland!!! You can wipe off this mess by deleting any thread that paints another ethnic group in bad light or any threads that promotes ethnic discrimination!!! Creators of such threads should also be given an indefinite ban!

Thank you.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by SPDAZZY(f): 11:54am On Apr 10, 2015
k. you have a point though. it's getting alarming

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by vjsmiles: 11:56am On Apr 10, 2015

Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by ozoigbondu: 11:56am On Apr 10, 2015
The tribial threads genrates traffic and it is good for business

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by Rapmoney(m): 11:57am On Apr 10, 2015
SPDAZZY:
k. you have a point though. it's getting alarming
Just go through the front page these days and see the number of tribalistic threads that would greet you.
Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by pinkycute(f): 11:58am On Apr 10, 2015
Hmmmmmmm
Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by cally3D(m): 11:58am On Apr 10, 2015
Wher is d "thumbs up" emoticon?
SECONDED @op

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by Rapmoney(m): 11:59am On Apr 10, 2015
ozoigbondu:
The tribial thread genrates traffic and it is good for business
My sympathy...
Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by Rapmoney(m): 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
pinkycute:
Hmmmmmmm
You just became a member last year. I am sure you know nothing about how this forum was some 8 to 9 years ago!
Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by tollu: 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
Very worrisome trend indeed.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by Rapmoney(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2015
tollu:
Very worrisome trend indeed.
...and there are moderators!
Re: An Open Letter To Oluwaseun Osewa! by Seun(m): 12:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
We will deal wih the situation.

5 Likes

(1)

More Underage Voters Caught / Presidential Tribunal Enters No Case Against Buhari’s Victory / Pics!!!photos!!!! Shocking Sight Of *******tak A Look!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.