Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? (1150 Views)

Why Are Muslims Commanded To Force Christians Out Of The Road? / Why Are Muslims Not Afraid Of Death? / Chapel Hill Murders: They Are Humans, We Are Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by TheMan3: 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2015
Today I saw a topic in the front page titled
https://www.nairaland.com/2205557/what-rewards-muslim-women-paradise

I tried to comment on the topic only to be redirected to a page where I was being asked if I was a Muslim. I clicked on 'no' only to be redirected to front page where I could no longer view the topic.

Question 1. Can I not make intelligent comment on any topic about Islam?

Question 2. Does this rule apply to every other religion?

I'm my opinion if there is a special treatment for Islam, there should be also for budist, the Sanyo worshipers, the ogun servers, even Christians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by TI1919(m): 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
grin

You funny die
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by SeverusSnape(m): 12:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
Islam is a very sensitive religion, that's why.
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by Zaikon(m): 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
Not coz of de sensitivity but just coz of the angle at which OP thinks. But this is just funny.
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by emmysoftyou: 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2015
lolx
what of the freethinker cos that s where i belong. grin
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by nzeobi(m): 12:53pm On Apr 10, 2015
All should be equal before God and man
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by TheMan3: 1:02pm On Apr 10, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Islam is a very sensitive religion, that's why.
trust me, all religions are sensitive too, why not also avoid thesame treatment to them?

I smell partiality
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by johnydon22(m): 1:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
the topic was on islam section
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by hahn(m): 1:22pm On Apr 10, 2015
Seun doesn't want his site to get blown up, that's why

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by mmsen: 1:30pm On Apr 10, 2015
Today was the first time that I made an attempt to respond to a thread in the special section for Muslims.

If they do not wish to have open discussion then maybe their threads should be exempt from the front-page, afterall that is the only reason why I tried to contribute.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by Rilwayne001: 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
mmsen:
Today was the first time that I made an attempt to respond to a thread in the special section for Muslims.

If they do not wish to have open discussion then maybe their threads should be exempt from the front-page, afterall that is the only reason why I tried to contribute.

If you can't accept the rule, then don't bother to make a comment.

Seun lalasticlala ishilove should please close this nonsense thread.
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by Rilwayne001: 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
hahn:
Seun doesn't want his site to get blown up, that's why

Senseless post.

seun should come and close this thread abegg
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by hahn(m): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Senseless post.

seun should come and close this thread abegg

Yes, I agree. Before this guy gets mad and blows everywhere up grin
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by Rilwayne001: 3:05pm On Apr 10, 2015
hahn:

Yes, I agree. Before this guy gets mad and blows everywhere up grin

I don't blow anything, I can't blow Nairaland for anything, Iam not a terrorist, I am a muslim.

You guys should follow the rules and regulations of this site instead of coming here to open silly threads. check the religion section board, seun has already address the OP diligently, why ccome here to claim that some people are planning to blow his site up?

Chaiii....common sense indeed is not common.
Abegg get a life

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by mmsen: 3:16pm On Apr 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

If you can't accept the rule, then don't bother to make a comment.

Seun lalasticlala ishilove should please close this nonsense thread.

So not only is it not possible to discuss Islam but now we can't even discuss the forum?

What is the point of a forum with only one accepted opinion?

P.S.
If you read my post properly you will see that I made a suggestion that aids the quest of the Muslims on this message board to keep their discussions segregated, which seems to be their/your desire.
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by Rilwayne001: 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
mmsen:

So not only is it not possible to discuss Islam but now we can't even discuss the forum?
What is the point of a forum with only one accepted opinion?
P.S.
If you read my post properly you will see that I made a suggestion that aid the quest of the Muslims on this message board to keep their discussions segregated, which seems to be their/your desire.

Due to the religious diversity of the Nairaland
community, it's impossible to come up with policies that
will make everyone happy. We can't give everyone what
they want, even if we try, because some people want
the opposite of what some other people want. We do
not seek to favour or help or disfavour or harm any
religion; our priority is the Nairaland community as a
whole - what's best for Nairalanders as a group. If you
have complaints about our policies, or questions about
why we're doing this or that, please send your
complaints to the supermods via the home page. We'll
respond to your complaints as quickly as we can and
update this thread with the answers to your frequently
asked questions.
-- seun osewa.

I don't think there is anything to talk about again, afterall you are not segregated from comment on the Islam section, only that your profile will bear the shahada for about a week before it disappear again.

I see no reason why anyone should complain again.
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by TheMan3: 3:39pm On Apr 10, 2015
Rilwayne001:

-- seun osewa.

I don't think there is anything to talk about again, afterall you are not segregated from comment on the Islam section, only that your profile will bear the shahada for about a week before it disappear again.

I see no reason why anyone should complain again.
Why should my profile beard those quotes for a week when I don't believe on them just because I want to place a comment on an Islamic post? How will you feel if you were to confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour before you comment on any CHRISTIAN post?

From the tone of your voice you sound so angry, if the situation were reversed, im sure you will be the first to cry out.

Let anyone air their view, if you don't like it, open your own thread full stop!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by Rilwayne001: 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
TheMan3:

Why should my profile beard those quotes for a week when I don't believe on them just because I want to place a comment on an Islamic post?
Since you don't believe in them, why should you comment on them?

Since you don't believe in them, it automatically means that you either want yo comment against them or insult them, as you can see on a particular topic on the FP where a christian dude talk crap like that.

How will you feel if you were to confess Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour before you comment on any CHRISTIAN post?

I will feel indifferent.

From the tone of your voice you sound so angry,
No, I don't, I am sorry if you feel I am angry but I am not angry.

if the situation were reversed, im sure you will be the first to cry out.

In as much as I worship my God with my heart and not what is written on my profile, then theres no cause for alarm.

Let anyone air their view, if you don't like it, open your own thread full stop!!!

No one is stopping you from airing your view, but if you cant accept the rule then swerve.
Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by udatso: 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2015
I believe the op and some other posters are new here. There were series of events that occurred that lead to this. The summary is that some rules and regulations were laid down by the admin. Some users weren't capable of having a civil discussions with Muslims without insulting Islam or anything related to it. Total enforcement of these rules lead to such bigots been banned as the law demands.
Offenders weren't happy for been given a well deserved punishment and they complained to seun. Some series of decisions were made and it later resulted to what we currently have.
If you need further explanations, you should contact seun. I hope I could help

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims Given Preferncial Treatment In Niairaland??? by maclatunji: 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
This Section is Islam for Muslims Section not 'Complaints About Islam' Section.

(1)

Muslims Beat Sheik And His Family With Clubs For Converting To Christianity / Islam Vs Terrorism / Salam Yah Jammah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.