Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:07 PM

Hausa As Petroleum Minister! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa As Petroleum Minister! (5719 Views)

Buhari Inaugurated By Obasanjo As Petroleum Minister In 1976 (Pic) / Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters / Buhari Busted! Waec/cambridge Did Not Offer Hausa As Subject In 1961 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by namun(f): 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2009
the north now dominates every sphere of government. how do you expect the north to dominate almost every sphere of political, economic and financial powers of the nation.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by earTHMama: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2009
How? when? Do you mean dominance in almajiri or smelling gutter? undecided undecided
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Jarus(m): 7:33pm On Jan 27, 2009
What's wrong with Hausa being Petroleum Minister?

Did people liek you ever believed Hausa can produce brilliant folk like Ribadu and El-Rufai?

You better wake up from your slumber!!! Go and read profile of the current NNPC GMD!!!

Keep abusing them while they continue to close the gap
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 7:51pm On Jan 27, 2009
@ Topic
So freaking what!!! angry angry angry

earTHMama:

How? when? Do you mean dominance in almajiri or smelling gutter? undecided undecided

I feel sorry for you.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

@ Topic
So freaking what!!! angry angry angry

Its one of the many reasons Nigeria will NEVER develop. You dont see a Texan being made the commissioner for oil resources for Alaska . . . only in Nigeria do we have illiterates, cronies of sultans and morally bankrupt thieves being placed as ministers of petroleum of which not one drop comes from their land. Its about time southerners seriously considered splitting from the north. Let them go join Niger Republic and fight over who will be minister for cattle rearing.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 27, 2009
Jarus:

Did people liek you ever believed Hausa can produce brilliant folk like Ribadu and El-Rufai?

You better wake up from your slumber!!! Go and read profile of the current NNPC GMD!!!

You think nepotism will help close the gap?
Even if it does, do we now chose it over nation building knowing the effects of these incompetent guys can cause.

Are they not satisfied with their quota system and federal character?
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by earTHMama: 8:02pm On Jan 27, 2009
I feel sorry for you.
Hold your sympathy sister but I cannot stay in a pool and allow soap to enter my eyes. If we allow a bunch of half educated morons to run our govt and economy, they'll soon lead us to a cul de sac. So you can drive your northern love up your ass, it's not my business what you do with your ass. I can live without your petty hypocritical sorry and deal with your obesity first before caring about me. Deranged gasbag,
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 27, 2009
Jarus:

1. Ribadu and El-Rufai brilliant? On what basis?

2. Here is Barkindo's resume - B.Sc degree in Political Science in 1981 from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Post Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Economics in 1988 from College of Petroleum Studies, Oxford University, UK
- Masters degree in Business Administration from the South Eastern University, Washington DC.

a. There is no such "college of petroleum studies" at Oxford University.
b. SoutEastern University is strictly a christian college that goes as far as requiring your present church when you apply. How did Barkindo (possibly a muslim) attend there?
c. why will Barkindo leave Oxford University to do an MBA at SEU?

These are the rogues you claim as leaders? Is this the resume Jarus boldly told us to go and read? What a disgrace. No problem, they are dying one by one.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 8:13pm On Jan 27, 2009
It's pointless aruging with you guys. The moment you see Northerner, you see red. undecided

Do you know anything abut him? Do you know how educated or rather how uneducated he is? Do you what his qualification are? On what basis do you disqualify him?.

You shout Nepotism all over the place. . . pray tell what you'd call Iyabo Obasanjo's appointment as whatever the heck she is?? Hmmmmm??

earTHMama:

Hold your sympathy sister but I cannot stay in a pool and allow soap to enter my eyes. If we allow a bunch of half educated morons to run our govt and economy, they'll soon lead us to a cul de sac. So you can drive your northern love up your ass, it's not my business what you do with your ass. I can live without your petty hypocritical sorry and deal with your obesity first before caring about me. Deranged gasbag,

Like I said earlier, I feel sorry for you because you actually believe you make sense.

Anyhoo it doesn't really matter now does it because no matter what anyone writes here. . . HE IS STILL MINISTER!!!!! Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

It's pointless aruging with you guys. The moment you see Northerner, you see red. undecided

Do you know anything abut him? Do you know how educated or rather how uneducated he is? Do you what his qualification are? On what basis do you disqualify him?.

I read his resume and supposed "qualifications" over two weeks ago but refused to comment on it until i saw this thread again. He has NO qualifications whatsoever for that post and it is apparent he is lying about his last two degrees.

Sisi Jinx:

You shout Nepotism all over the place. . . pray tell what you'd call Iyabo Obasanjo's appointment as whatever the heck she is?? Hmmmmm??

Fact - Obasanjo would have been nothing but a chicken farmer in Otta but for the north imposing him on Nigeria. Obasanjo badly lost the 1999 elections in the polling station just opposite his gate in Ita Eko, Ogun state. I was there on election day.
Falae beat him all over the southwest and parts of the East. Only the north with their falsified population forced him on the nation. Left to the Yorubas people like Iyabo Obasanjo wont be anywhere near the seat of power.

Thank you folks for ruining our once great tribe.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by MaiSuya(m): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

Its one of the many reasons Nigeria will NEVER develop. You dont see a Texan being made the commissioner for oil resources for Alaska . . . only in Nigeria do we have illiterates, cronies of sultans and morally bankrupt thieves being placed as ministers of petroleum of which not one drop comes from their land. Its about time southerners seriously considered splitting from the north. Let them go join Niger Republic and fight over who will be minister for cattle rearing.

Na wa o!  shocked I suppose it was a northerner that was in charge of the ministry when it became ranked as the second most corrupt institution in Nigeria?

Come on Mr dylan, your generalization is very unfair, and very unlike the posts you are known to produce.

The issue of the petroleum ministry should not be an ethnic thingy but based on competence, IMHO.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

I read his resume and supposed "qualifications" over two weeks ago but refused to comment on it until i saw this thread again. He has NO qualifications whatsoever for that post and it is apparent he is lying about his last two degrees.

Fact - Obasanjo would have been nothing but a chicken farmer in Otta but for the north imposing him on Nigeria. Obasanjo badly lost the 1999 elections in the polling station just opposite his gate in Ita Eko, Ogun state. I was there on election day.
Falae beat him all over the southwest and parts of the East. Only the north with their falsified population forced him on the nation. Left to the Yorubas people like Iyabo Obasanjo wont be anywhere near the seat of power.

Thank you folks for ruining our once great tribe.

Rotflmao and what is being done to rectify that, eh?  cheesy cheesy

Mai Suya:

Na wa o!  shocked I suppose it was a northerner that was in charge of the ministry when it became ranked as the second most corrupt institution in Nigeria?

Come on Mr dylan, your generalization is very unfair, and very unlike the posts you are known to produce.

The issue of the petroleum ministry should not be an ethnic thingy but based on competence, IMHO.

Haba, Mallam what are you saying here?

Don't you know what the half education and backwardness. . . Hausas control the world!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by earTHMama: 8:23pm On Jan 27, 2009
I read his resume and supposed "qualifications" over two weeks ago but refused to comment on it until i saw this thread again. He has NO qualifications whatsoever for that post and[b] it is apparent he is lying about his last two degrees[/b].
Northerners are not alien to that sort of lies. Salisu Buhari pulled a fast one on us about a decade ago and nearly got away with it, why won't others follow. May God give us the strength to hang in there because they surely belong together with their brothers in Chad and Niger.

Don't you know what the half education and backwardness. . . Hausas control the world!!!
In your dreams. You should be mourning the enormous poverty in your homeland and not sitting your farting behind on a chair and talk gibberish yet you are no tribalist. undecided
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 27, 2009
Mai Suya:

Na wa o! shocked I suppose it was a northerner that was in charge of the ministry when it became ranked as the second most corrupt institution in Nigeria?

Ask Babangida that question. It was under the watch of the north that NNPC became a tool for siphoning southern resources to Swiss banks. Pls tell IBB that we still want our $12.5bn back.

Mai Suya:

On that basis Barkindo should not even be near a classroom teaching secondary school pupils. Is Rilwan Luqman (the recycleable oil minister) competent?
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Rotflmao and what is being done to rectify that, eh?  cheesy cheesy

Sometime soon you will need a visa to visit southern Nigeria . . . i'm hoping it happens in my lifetime. I'm sick of these airheaded hausa/fulani cattle rearers reaping where they have not sown.

with all the top business gurus we have in the south, we have to depend on an ailing buffon called Yar Adua? What a shame to be a nigerian.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by MaiSuya(m): 8:33pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Rotflmao and what is being done to rectify that, eh?  cheesy cheesy

Haba, Mallam what are you saying here?

Don't you know what the half education and backwardness. . . Hausas control the world!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

EH! mata de kyau sannu!

I just got attracted to the topic and  not unexpectedly, the major players in the tribal league are very much around delivering their usual dish of ill feelings against the North.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 8:35pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

Sometime soon you will need a visa to visit southern Nigeria . . . i'm hoping it happens in my lifetime. I'm sick of these airheaded hausa/fulani cattle rearers reaping where they have not sown.

with all the top business gurus we have in the south, we have to depend on an ailing buffon called Yar Adua? What a shame to be a nigerian.

Yipeeee! I've always wanted dual citizenhip! Rotflmao!!!!

Top Gurus in the south YET an "ailing buffoon" is president? Hmm, maybe they ain't so top after all  grin

earTHMama:

Northerners are not alien to that sort of lies. Salisu Buhari pulled a fast one on us about a decade ago and nearly got away with it, why won't others follow. May God give us the strength to hang in there because they surely belong together with their brothers in Chad and Niger.

In your dreams. You should be mourning the enormous poverty in your homeland and not sitting your farting behind on a chair and talk gibberish yet you are no tribalist. undecided

Oy veh!! cry cry
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 8:40pm On Jan 27, 2009
Mai Suya:

EH! mata de kyau sannu!

I just got attracted to the topic and  not unexpectedly, the major players in the tribal league are very much around delivering their usual dish of ill feelings against the North.

Mai Gida na! sunnu da zuwa

Suna yi kuka kaman jinjiri. cheesy cheesy
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Yipeeee! I've always wanted dual citizenhip! Rotflmao!!!!

Top Gurus in the south YET an "ailing buffoon" is president? Hmm, maybe they ain't so top after all  grin

Take the south out of the equation and the north really has nothing. the last banking restructuring basically exposed the truth . . . virtually every single financial house ended up in the south. The south must share part of the blame too . . . Awolowo it was who failed to back the Igbo in 1966, we wont be here today being led by the noose.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by earTHMama: 8:44pm On Jan 27, 2009
Top Gurus in the south YET an "ailing buffoon" is president? Hmm, maybe they ain't so top after all
Usurping power is NEVER an evidence of brilliance rather it's a concrete evidence that Northerners are treacherous people. You should cover yourself with raiment in a civilized society because your acumen is certainly diseased. Tell me any nation in this world that succeeded with treacherous people like Northerners?. You celebrate Obama and turn the other cheek when it comes to Nigeria getting a visionary leader with no strings attached. You make me sick.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 8:46pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

Take the south out of the equation and the north really has nothing. the last banking restructuring basically exposed the truth . . . virtually every single financial house ended up in the south. The south must share part of the blame too . . . Awolowo it was who failed to back the Igbo in 1966, we wont be here today being led by the noose.

Thank you. . . Now we are talking. cheesy

earTHMama:

Usurping power is NEVER an evidence of brilliance rather it's a concrete evidence that Northerners are treacherous people. You should cover yourself with raiment in a civilized society because your acumen is certainly diseased. Tell me any nation in this world that succeeded with treacherous people like Northerners?. You celebrate Obama and turn the other cheek when it comes to Nigeria getting a visionary leader with no strings attached. You make me sick.

Brilliant enough to HOLD POWER!!! Hehehehehehehe.

I'm done talking to you jare, you are not as fun as David.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2009
Its unfortunate but i always advice most southerners i talk to . . . find your way out of the hellhole called Nigeria, its an absolute disgrace to live in the same country with cattle rearers as leaders. I lived in yola for 1 yr . . . the FMC was no better than an empty warehouse. Everyone i knew had to travel 2 days down south to take their immunisations.

The only thing they know how to do is ruin ministeries and kill their neighbours over cartoons.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by earTHMama: 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2009

Brilliant enough to HOLD POWER!!! Hehehehehehehe.

Mugabe, Kim Jon Il, Fidel castro,Samuel Doe, Pietha Botha , Sadaam Hussein, Adolf Hitler etc also hold/held powers and I am pretty sure they are your heroes. I don't need to amuse douche gas bags like you, if you must know.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Tonim(f): 8:53pm On Jan 27, 2009
to davidylan and earthmama:

The north will continue with their ways as long as the south remains disunited. I have said this many times; we people from southern
Nigeria are not united and the north is exploiting this big time.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by MaiSuya(m): 8:56pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

True dat!!!

davidylan:

Hold on a sec bro. What exactly do you mean by 'financial house'? And where did you get that info from?
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by earTHMama: 9:01pm On Jan 27, 2009

The north will continue with their ways as long as the south remains disunited. I have said this many times; we people from southern
This is beyond unity. Did Americans unite to vote Obama?. The North is only threatening the rest of Nigeria that obviously have a better life than them with war if they do otherwise. That is not bravery. The North and Igbos will always remain like the israelis and palestines(religion being the utmost issue between them). The Yorubas are also feeling the heat of the Northern hegemony and it may be too late to agree with the rest of the southerners especially igbos because of the shared animosity that escalated during the civil war. I still maintain that the Biafran war would have been a southern thing if the rest of the south also saw what will be happening to Nigeria today. We failed and failed again and now we are stuck in the midst of people with the mindset of a terrorist charging us to war with them if we disagree, what will you do?. Are you gonna sacrifice your life to fight with an almajiri?.

They know that's our weakness and they are exploiting that. Never mess with a low life in your lifetime because you will always be the one to lose something. We've got a problem and even Stephen Wonder can see it.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 27, 2009
Mai Suya:

Hold on a sec bro. What exactly do you mean by 'financial house'? And where did you get that information from?

Banks. I was refering to Soludo's bank restructuring.

Tonim:

Well what shall we do? We cant continue like this till the nation goes bankrupt or America finally discovers an alternative to crude oil. Give it to the north though . . . splitting us into states and geopolitical zones was a master stroke to keep the south in disunity.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by SisiJinx: 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2009
Tonim:

Thank you ooooh!!

Instead of blaming the North for everything, southerners ought to check ourselves.

The truth is I can go anywhere in the world and if there is a Hausa person in the 100 mile radius.  . . I have ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE that I will be fine. Can the same be said for southerners??!!

We are selling each other up the creek and blaming others for buying.

Okay my post comes off a bit schizo. . . I know that. cheesy cheesy
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

The truth is[b] I can go anywhere in the world and if there is a Hausa person in the 100 mile radius. . . I have ABSOLUTE CONFIDENCE that I will be fine.[/b] Can the same be said for southerners??!!

That's the first time i'm agreeing with you in a long time.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by gozzilla(m): 9:19pm On Jan 27, 2009
I understand the feeling that a hausa man can be trusted. I do. But that is at a surface look. Its a facade to keep that structure that favours the wealthy in the north. The structure that doesn't have a middle class. Its simple you are either made or you are not. You are relevant or irrelevant. I kind of like the south spirit, if you believe you can make it then you can. Not here in the north.

Petroleum minister as a northerner. I think it might never happen but it tells you the hausa mans intention like that of a muslim man, "i want the whole world". As we speak the northerner is busy still searching for oil in the chad basin, This folks i bow for them o!!!
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Tonim(f): 9:21pm On Jan 27, 2009
davidylan:

Give it to the north though . . . splitting us into states and geopolitical zones was a master stroke to keep the south in disunity.

@bold
Thank you very much. Unlike earthmama, You got my point.

davidylan:

Well what shall we do? We cant continue like this till the nation goes bankrupt or America finally discovers an alternative to crude oil.

Are you familiar with the phrase sunk cost ? It is a financial term used for projects that so much money, time and effort
has been expended on such that, one has a hard time admitting its failure (more money keeps pumped into the project
in perpetuity or until it eventually implodes)

This unfortunately is our plight today in southern Nigeria. So much has been sacrificed to make Nigeria work that we are having a
hard time accepting the fact that our bondage with the North just cannot work.

If the leaders of all southern tribes come to a consensus and tell the North that they want to go their separate way, What are they
going to do ? What exactly are they going to do ?

You hold the key to your destiny as long as you do not remain blind and chose to place them in others' hands.

I repeat, as long as Southern Nigeria remains disunited, we are always going to be held hostage by the North. I can't emphasize this
enough.
Re: Hausa As Petroleum Minister! by Godmann(m): 9:26pm On Jan 27, 2009
My only comment: In Nigeria of the present mentality, South as a country will not work. Even Yoruba or Igbo as a county will be a total failure. Who told you Biafra would have worked?

How many of us know about the circumstances leading to Ojukwu's special Brigade inside Brifran Army? An army inside Amy.

The problem is in our thinking. Our mentality!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Political Violence At 5th Adebayo Adefarati Memorial Lecture In Ondo / Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. / Cross River State Gov. Prof. Ben Ayade Pays June Salary On The 25th Of June!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.