Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (42986 Views)

Do Private University Graduates Find It Hard To Get Jobs In Nigeria? / 5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / Pic: Difference Between A Private University & A Federal University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by lampardizik(m): 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:

Girl you just stole my heart...

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by eben2020(m): 4:52pm On Apr 13, 2015
obaty:
Nope, the reason why they get job faster is because of connection . Most student of private universities are kids of one politician or a wealthy man that is very influential and we all know that to get almost anything reasonable in Nigeria, you have to know one big man or his wife
influential, politicians.... I don't think so but due to the passion of education and take a look at majority you notice it consist of SW more where we have more intellectual in this country. And don't tell they can't enter public unis.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2015
felsunseg:
private schools are for the rich dudes who have failed Jamb too many time to count
D way most of u reason ehn like puerile goats.. my youngest bro got 250 first jamb sitting and he is studying medicine at Igbinz.... na wa for u o.. wat bout guys dat sch overseas wud u say dey failed jamb?

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
I pay 19,000 in unilorin my skl is number 1, u pay 400,000 in babkok ur skl is number 98th, is ur father wise or stupid
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by IfyChuky(m): 5:29pm On Apr 13, 2015
NwaAnambra:
. I know a batch C corp member in Osun State, a graduate of political science from BABCOCK. In the course of our discussion, I asked her if she knows Kwame Nkrumah, she said she's hearing that name for the first time. I fainted literary lol. she now started telling me that most of their lecturers are Msc holders. She was really envious of what I could offer in the same field she graduated from. Point is, most of them are empty headed.

I must agree wt u on this.., but which wud u rada prefer:

A Cohort of high-profiled academics who hardly hold classes, and gets away with it, and even scarcely cover a quarter of thier course outline, or An M.Sc scholar who has bn compelled to invest virtually all he knows in every lecture; hardli permitted to skip a class, and as such tend to complete each outline he was assigned?

Dont u think the later is of greata preference dan the oda, which though is widely read, but hardli impacts?

Dont u think he's rada a stress, and cud easily mean a frustration to some unlucky students?

Dont u think he's unjust and inefficient, and is in himself a huge embezzlement of the country's hard earned resource which he receives as salary for a work roughly or neva done?

With much said, I wudnt wish to force my Idea on u.., but anytime..., those private schools I enlisted, and even more are always beta off, my dear..

And as for dat ur babcock friend, believe me.. He should be the Judah among every twelve.., kos sadli enuf.., no mata hw good a suit looks, it just wud neva improve some people's ugly look.. grin grin..

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by amokeme(f): 5:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
lampardizik:

Girl you just stole my heart...
smiley
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by DangotePikin: 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2015
Donpizzle:

well spoken....buh i must say that its better to be a graduate of public than a private....private skul graduates are seen by recruiters/employers as pple who were unable to pass UTME. Speakin frm a frnd's xperience.
This your comment is presently very stale. It was around year 2005, that Students use private uni to evade Jamb 200 cutoff mark. Presently, it is not so. I scored 245, when I wrote UME several years ago, and I have a lot of people from my sec school who scored more than me that are in private uni. If private uni students were not really able to pass jamb, how come most of them finish university at an extremely young age (mostly 21). Someone that is having trouble with Jamb should not enter university at 16 or 17. Don't be deceived by my presence on Nairaland. I am highly placed at my place of work, and I can tell you that my MD, has told me a lot of times that he prefers students from my university. Through me, he has employed a total of 10 people from my school. If I tell you the name of where I work, I am sure you will know the place. Go out and do your research more, ask the recruiters/employers to tell you the university they always love to emply most as at today, if they do not give you a private uni, come back here and I owe you dinner.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by osatech2014: 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
instead of taking my child to private university I rather gathered d moni and fly him or her abroad to school
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Msquare220: 7:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
adewumiopeyemi:
See Leme tell u I want to a private university and i studdy accounting and am curently working... private university is the best because the school teach the student moral and understanding....so that they will be a successful person in future.
Hmm private university student,,, I have seen your best, you can't even communicate SMH
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Msquare220: 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2015
assu2013:
Glorified second. School is better than glorified primary school called Fed/state unis
Like seriously? Fed. Uni. Is glorified pri. School FYM
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by SeraSera(m): 8:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
amokeme:
educational discrimination, tribalism, religious conflict... all in one country! infact... I just don't understand the beef with private unis.. seriously you choose to be in a fedral uni, that's fine. I choose to be in a private uni, totally my business. so what exactly is your problem OP??
"freedom is restricted" let them worry about that
"its expensive" you are not the one paying
"exposure" (really? maybe you should explain the kinda exposure you mean
"life on campus is fun" I can only laugh at this. morality is the key word. but since your definition of fun is clubbing, parties, dating, gossips (well I know you ll out grow that someday). and talking about meeting real people? hehe trust me you have no idea grin
"hard work is compulsory" and you think we don't work hard in private unis? well my dear, we do. the only difference is that we get to see the result of our hard work.. which makes working hard easy cheesy unlike in "some" federal schs that the hard work of a student is being frustrated..
"produce more mature graduates" maturity is an individual thing. private unis graduates are doing just fine.. you might be too hateful to see it buh it doesn't change the fact..
finally, its not the uni that matters, its what you can deliver smiley

Well said, lady. Well said.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by SeraSera(m): 8:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
NwaAnambra:
. I know a batch C corp member in Osun State, a graduate of political science from BABCOCK. In the course of our discussion, I asked her if she knows Kwame Nkrumah, she said she's hearing that name for the first time. I fainted literary lol. she now started telling me that most of their lecturers are Msc holders. She was really envious of what I could offer in the same field she graduated from. Point is, most of them are empty headed.

Should I also begin to tell you about a University of Benin Computer Science student I met during an internship who did not know what a virtual machine was? Or about another from the Federal University in Yola who, until I left the place, still struggled with the concept of databases. Would it be fair to say then, following from your conclusion, that all Public University students are empty headed?

We should be mindful of our word choices and how we chose to express our thoughts. No one's empty-headed because they chose to attend a public or private university.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by SeraSera(m): 8:51pm On Apr 13, 2015
cityhood:
It may not be the reason to you
Am jst telling you my own view wish is visible
I thank God tht i meet the reall pple in real world while in public school!

Ut in private everthing na fakes!
Too many fakes things everyone want to feel amongst!

In public you tend to know your level!!!
And maitain your self

Yes, and if you want to feel among in public universities or increase your levels, join a cult.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by mployer(m): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
UjSizzle:
I like that private schools are a lot more focused when it comes to building character and learning. Forget the story of public schools giving you independence and little restriction, when it comes to all-round benefit, a private school is better in producing more balanced degree holders.

They can learn the ways of the world when they're in the labour market undecided

Sweet dreams dear smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Ignyte(m): 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
Have u eva bn to University Of Mkar??

From outside una dey hear mumu tins ehn..
B4 i enta d shul sha... I bn dey think like you... We sharp die.. I exposed to outside world and i dey comot like die... If for ur mind u for public uni no spend pass me... na lie... u go pay nepa, pay rent, prepare food. u are subject to economy. Nobody dey treat anybody like Ajebo here o... I heard some public uni get free internet connection for students. we no get o... Please don't listen to ur crap outside... Ask someone in a reasonable uni and he'll tell u say all those tins wey u write na mumu tins..

Make i continue my night vigil for water wey i go use baff for 2mao lectures...

Send us more baseless points
#KeepUsAwake
#TeamPrivateUni
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by felsunseg(m): 4:57am On Apr 14, 2015
crixtex:

D way most of u reason ehn like puerile goats.. my youngest bro got 250 first jamb sitting and he is studying medicine at Igbinz.... na wa for u o.. wat bout guys dat sch overseas wud u say dey failed jamb?
thanks for calling me names, bt tell me the truth, did that ur brother sat for any postume nd which year
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 14, 2015
felsunseg:
thanks for calling me names, bt tell me the truth, did that ur brother sat for any postume nd which year
Sorry for d insults, he actually finish in 2011. Wrote his jamb at ikeja...
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by sweet7oyin(m): 9:40am On Apr 14, 2015
The truth is that d op has a point
1 public university students are more expose or rather sharper. in taking decisions in any type of weather(situation)....their life is always controlled
2. Private students very brilliant. But they av nt really been stretched to bring out their best unlike public students who would pay over 1 million for 2nd class lower or 3rd class for what.... Every thing. Made easy.. It not actually working hard but working well
3 about money... Its not poverty but wisdom many private students spend prodigally. Enjoy or precisely love luxury as a result of this they fall in time of scarcity. Covenant students
Private school student usually have many things to learn
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by sweet7oyin(m): 9:48am On Apr 14, 2015
davereal:

Best reply! You've said it all. But let me add this: in private uni you don't pay for 'A' rather you work for it. Private unis produce graduates in character and learning while public unis produce graduates in learning alone: that's why they can't fit into the corporate world.
your dad attended what school and did he fit into the cooperate world?
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by amokeme(f): 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
sweet7oyin:
The truth is that d op has a point
1 public university students are more expose or rather sharper. in taking decisions in any type of weather(situation)....their life is always controlled
2. Private students very brilliant. But they av nt really been stretched to bring out their best unlike public students who would pay over 1 million for 2nd class lower or 3rd class for what.... Every thing. Made easy.. It not actually working hard but working well
3 about money... Its not poverty but wisdom many private students spend prodigally. Enjoy or precisely love luxury as a result of this they fall in time of scarcity. Covenant students
Private school student usually have many things to learn
sigh....
I don't know why pple just like taking Panadol for someone's headache! this life is verrrrrrrry simple buh we tend to make it complex. it is not your business if they have a lot to learn or if they don't know anything! so long as you are not paying anyone's fee there, you will never take your kids there and you are not there yourself. then what exactly should be your problem your number 3 point is the only one I seem to understand (kinda) and its really making me laugh here grin , MYB smiley enjoy your fedral university let others enjoy theirs
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Korowash(m): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
Admin u so so funny.Seriously if I'd had d opportunity of attending the likes of Babcock,CU,Igbenedion then wot will I b doing in a public uni?The only thing is they shld make admisn a little bit competitive by increasing their yardsticks cos so many kids are just graduating wth Childish mentalities.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by sweet7oyin(m): 6:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
amokeme:
sigh....
I don't know why pple just like taking Panadol for someone's headache! this life is verrrrrrrry simple buh we tend to make it complex. it is not your business if they have a lot to learn or if they don't know anything! so long as you are not paying anyone's fee there, you will never take your kids there and you are not there yourself. then what exactly should be your problem your number 3 point is the only one I seem to understand (kinda) and its really making me laugh here grin , MYB smiley enjoy your fedral university let others enjoy theirs
certainly nt my business.... Was just stating fact
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Korowash(m): 10:38pm On Apr 14, 2015
I dont expect u guys to talk abt Jamb bt post utme.Am sure if u once sat 4 jamb 3times & a guy u even tutored(maybe waec tutorial)gained admisn in2 a private uni b4 his boss(i.e u) then u wuldnt b happy to b equated wth him academicallysad
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Msquare220: 6:09am On Apr 15, 2015
Korowash:
cos so many kids are just graduating wth Childish mentalities.
Lolz, u code it
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Elxandre(m): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2015
cityhood:
It may not be the reason to you
Am jst telling you my own view wish is visible
I thank God tht i meet the reall pple in real world while in public school!

Ut in private everthing na fakes!
Too many fakes things everyone want to feel amongst!

In public you tend to know your level!!!
And maitain your self

Don't get it twisted, the average private school student has well to do parents.
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by anotherspring: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
Sibrah:

You mean when u sort your self through some 25% of your workload and copy-copy another 25% to scale through abi? Keep deceiving yourself. Please don't even start cos the average course that goes for 3 units in public schools weights 2 unit in average private school. The industrial report says it all.
are u planning to take your GRE exams before december 2015? do you intend to apply for a master/Ph.D. degree in US universities for 2016 admission term? do you want admit with tuition scholarship plus living fee? take advantage of our services for free! yeah! we mean free!..You'll decide how much you pay us when you receive your admission letter...that Sounds great I suppose!! Yeah...you can't beat that. No deposit, No strings attached...you only pay what you want and can afford in appreciation of our support...take advantage now!
email: msphdin@gmail.com
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by anotherspring: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2015
anotherspring:

are u planning to take your GRE exams before december 2015? do you intend to apply for a master/Ph.D. degree in US universities for 2016 admission term? do you want admit with tuition scholarship plus living fee? take advantage of our services for free! yeah! we mean free!..You'll decide how much you pay us when you receive your admission letter...that Sounds great I suppose!! Yeah...you can't beat that. No deposit, No strings attached...you only pay what you want and can afford in appreciation of our support...take advantage now!
email: msphdinus@gmail.com
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by Ngoalex: 10:49pm On Jul 24, 2015
I think this is one of the worst pages or threads
or whatever I have come across on Nairaland...Its of no benefit....SMH.....Continue arguing....knock yourselves out
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by donifez(m): 6:42am On Jul 25, 2015
Nigerians..we have a long way to go. The amokeme lady has already said all i have in mind.

Must we all attend public universities; variation my friend is the spice of life...for those believing private universities are for dullards, Please wake up from your slumber.Self improvement is the key. we have seen public university students that don't even have what it takes to be called a student (studious entity) same with private university students.
So why not bury this imaginary hatchet.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by vhuqnl(m): 6:49pm On Mar 26, 2021
Msquare220:
Many Nigerian students these days often move quickly to queue for private universities when making a choice of institution. I agree that private universities have advantages like the absence of strike, easy access to lecturers… Well, that’s about all.

Public universities, federal and state, have a lot of advantages, from cheaper school fees, to the freedom to be an adult. Public universities expose you to the real world, introduces you to the hustle of life unlike private universities that consist of a lot of brats who are literally spoon-fed. They are so pampered, ​making difficult to face the real world when they become graduates.
So here’s my case for choosing a public university.

1. Public universities allow for freedom and independence:

Students in public universities enjoy the freedom to make decisions for themselves and learn to be almost independent. Private universities keep students within the four walls of their campuses and under certain rules more suited for teenagers than young adults. The laws in public universities are not imposed on the students; they are just the basic principles a normal student is meant to follow. It’s funny when I see pictures of private university students being punished or hear of certain rules like compulsory attendance of chapel, feeding time tables, dress codes, etc.​.​ It is absurd; these are adults​!​

2. Cost of education:

It is a lot cheaper to attend public university than a private one and this is not limited to school fees. Cost of living on public universities is also cheaper. Students cook their own meals and hav​e access to shops on campus and in town where prices of goods and services are competitive. On the other hand, the cost of living on a private university secluded campus for one semester is enough to build a house.

3. Public university g​ives “exposure” to students:

It’s more than obvious that public university students are ​”​sharper​”​ than private university students. Private university students who are often referred to as “JJC” or “Learners” by public university students, live what I term “the microwave life” which is the easy life. In federal universities you get to meet all sorts: from cultists to Aristo chicks, people with different personalities. It makes one exposed to what life really is. One is exposed to the hustle and learns how to struggle for things. There are still brats in federal universities but most of them get to grow up when exposed to the hustle.

4. Life on and off campus is FUN:

There are so many parties to attend, clubs and events. One gets to meet real people, one also learns to be real. There is a lot of gist and gossip, lot of things to laugh at. Rather than chapel, it’s clubbing. Dating is even fun in federal schools. Couples express love without fear as adults. One gets to see students that are rich and poor mingling as equals; students who express themselves through their dressing and not relegated to some uniform.

5. Hard work is compulsory:

Students in public universities have work​ed​ through exceptional odds to succeed; challenges that help one not take life for granted. Imagine a department of over a thousand students with a very small lecture hall or a lecturer who spends only twenty minutes in a class where he is meant to spend two hours, or one who only gives handouts. Faced with issues like these, students work extra hard to come out with well-deserved results.

6. Public universities produce more mature graduates:

With all the challenges: strikes, nonchalant lecturers, freedom to express yourself as adult etc., public universities are more equipped for life after graduation. They know that things would not just be handed to them and are used to making decisions for themselves. -
6 years later, do you still have this same option?
Re: 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) by nkakp(m): 9:14pm On Mar 26, 2021
Having Issues with your Project, Academic Writings, and Research work?

Contact El-Pee Research Institute a solution to all research and assignments in social sciences, Education, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, etc!!!

WhatsApp number: 08036427254

or call the number; Promise 09011958242

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos: CGPA Trending On Twitter / Sexual Assault, Corruption: UNICAL Law Students Protest Against Cyril Ndifon / University Of Limpopo Students Walkout Of Exam Hall Over Difficult Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.