Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

The Demon Within…………ethnicity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Demon Within…………ethnicity (1244 Views)

Ife Crisis Has No Link To Ethnicity – FG / Demon Is Occupying Enugu Government House – Archbishop Chukwuma / The Problem Of Ethnicity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 11, 2015
With the current outburst of the Oba Of Lagos Oba Rilwan Akiolu, one would begin to wonder when this country would be a liberal one.
Nigeria being a multiethnic nation has a long way to go if this ethnic issues is not put to rest. If u go to the States and ask an indigene where he or she is from, they will say they are Americans but if u ask someone the same question here, u will hear "borno,Ogun, anambra etc".
Ethnicity has eaten deep into our way of reasoning. Though I will never give full support to the words of Oba Akiolu, u still need to dig deep and try to find sense in what he said. After watching to the footage, I noticed that people were clapping while he was saying all that. But wait one thing I want to point out is that Lagos is not a "no man's land" the land was occupied by Yoruba speakers and aworis before the Portuguese came. Saying "Lagos is a no man's land" is an issult to the owners of the land. No one can say such of Anambra, Imo ,ever bubbling Enugu, Abia and the rest. To say the least,Lagos has tried for the Ndigbos, the International trade fair complex was left for you ppl, Alaba is dominated by u ppl and so on and still the government did not neglect you, you are treated like indigenes, you ppl don't pay extra levies or taxes for being Igbos, an Igbo boy has been a one day Lagos governor, and many more, all these can't happen in northern states. If u like quote me but the number of indigenous Lagosians that are commissioners in the state are not more than five or six but we have and have had Igbo commisioners. I remember the hate words of the Saduana before he was killed (apologies to my Hausa brothers) but I was disappointed about what he said concerning the igbos . I expected him being a national leader to have a free mind towards every tribe.
If we continue this way Nigeria will forever be tied down. To the Igbos, Lagos is not a no man's land, no land is. We can live as one any day anytime.
To the Yorubas we need to continue to live in peace with one another, Lagos is urs and u shd not do anything to ruin it which include issuing hate words and threats(Akiolu should be cautioned).
To the Hausas I know that you ppl can believe in peace too and I know you ppl have good hearts(personal experience)and I hope you guys start to show that to everyone too.

I have my reasons for putting this in family section cus that is how this country should be.

Cc:
Orijin101
lalasticlala
Kinglekan
Naijaboiy
alberto2k
psalmwise
KingTom
Obinoscopy
liljboy
IDFWU
tameera
Pinkycute
Tosyne2much
farano
Seun
Mynd44
Iamdejman
TheRealAdonye

pls if u be my e-padi and I no put ur name no vex

To all my romancelanders, its time to put ur heads in something new tongue

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Waspy(m): 11:15am On Apr 11, 2015
Good one.....its a phase, I'm sure it will pass. One day, each man will know where his father hails from and then mischief will be over
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 11, 2015
Waspy:
Good one.....its a phase, I'm sure it will pass. One day, each man will know where his father hails from and then mischief will be over
dats right bruv
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by tobtap: 11:48am On Apr 11, 2015
...let there be peace cheesy grin
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Psalmwise(m): 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
So bros u sabi book like this...this one of the best write up have seen on nairaland...omo nah to go dey write for punch and dialy sun remain ooo...
I i wish this could be seen on newspapers, make all lagosians see this article cos he make sense die

Shuoo...,i no knw say with all d play play wey dey ur head. tongue..,u fit write better tin lik dis cheesy

BIG UPs to u bro..am awed
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Psalmwise(m): 12:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
meen i dn steal ya writeup ooo grin grin
bo surprise if u see am for punch, facebook, dailysun , linda ikeji ..etc cheesy cheesy
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Richy4(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
Nice thread but was destroyed by "you people" statement.

That equally means you do not believe in one Nigeria.

You mentioned the States. Have you ever heard someone from new jersey been asked to live Washington because it was not his home? Or someone saying that Washington has tried for you people" as if they came from different country.

2 Likes

Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2015
Richy4:

You mentioned the States. Have you ever heard someone from new jersey been asked to live Washington because it was not his home? Or someone saying that Washington has tried for you people" as if they came from different country.
I believe in ONE NIGERIA, if I don't ,I would not av written this
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Psalmwise(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
tongue tongue tongue tongue
danyel09:
every psalmwise dat is trying to reap where he did not sow……

HOLY GHOST FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!
fym
holy ghost fire no b nairalander nah
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2015
Psalmwise:
tongue tongue tongue :Pfym
holy ghost fire no b nairalander nah
LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Funny guy
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
Psalmwise:
meen i dn steal ya writeup ooo grin grin
bo surprise if u see am for punch, facebook, dailysun , linda ikeji ..etc cheesy cheesy
Every psalmwise that is trying to reap where he did not sow………

Double Holy Ghost Fire!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by liljboy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2015
Richy4:

just my point....
for me i believe that as long as you are legally and constitutionally allowed to come out for any political post, despite and not withstanding your ethnic background, that person should be allowed and given a fair chance. its now left for those that feel that this is their motherland, their state, their local govt or so on, to vote or not to vote for that person.
that Oba is as stupid as a man tyrna drink tea with a fork, someone of his status making such a statement in public.

the only problem Africans have is that we don't take some issues and people's statement serious, say this outside and you will see human right groups stripping you in and out.

what is happening to Lagos is same thing that happened to eg America, the red Indians got it but what happened? pple from all works of life converged their,and its now a 'no mans land'.

yorubas , to me are just hating, that's it, Igbo as we all know hustle real hard and I guess its because they see a small guy who just came from the village 'making it' in a space of some years. hustle y'all. come to onitsha, aba, enugu, IMO etc and hustle, come out for posts, NO ONE WILL THREATEN YOU, the worst thing they'll do is that they may never vote for you

2 Likes

Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by liljboy(m): 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
danyel09:
I believe in ONE NIGERIA, if I don't ,I would not av written this
your post contradicts your statement
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by charles316: 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
This isn't the war zone like the politics section. Go there and open this kind of thread. Please tag your baby friends along.

Royalroy, please move this thread.
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by cococandy(f): 5:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
Op carry ya wahala go politics section.
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
op, what is the crime of the ibos? are they not law abiding citizens? Must they vote for the stupid oba's candidate? How have the ibos hindered the Yorubas from progressing? Must they kiss your ass?

In the UK, the richest men there aren't even British and no one have told them the kind of shit we hear from you silly people.

1 Like

Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by liljboy(m): 6:07pm On Apr 11, 2015
Avalon316:
op, what is the crime of the ibos? are they not law abiding citizens? Must they vote for the stupid oba's candidate? How have the ibos hindered the Yorubas from progressing? Must they kiss your ass?

In the UK, the richest men there aren't even British and no one have told them the kind of shit we hear from you silly people.

TELL EM
Re: The Demon Within…………ethnicity by RoyalRoy(m): 8:11pm On Apr 11, 2015
charles316:
This isn't the war zone like the politics section. Go there and open this kind of thread. Please tag your baby friends along.

Royalroy, please move this thread.

Done.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Fayose Will Not See The End Of 2015 As Ekiti Governor- Prophet Tibetan / How The Alaafin Of Oyo Is Coronated By D. Dada Adewolo / Tinubu Has Been Absorbed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.