Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler (2600 Views)

Would You Buy This 5,600mile 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo For N36 Million? (photos) / Wrangler Releases Mini-Me Jeep / Pictures Of Jeep Wrangler Going Offroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by baconline(m): 2:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
saw the carcass of the above car rotting away in lagos and i picked interest in restoring it,find pixs,

Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by baconline(m): 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2015
i have not paid for it yet ,but it has no engine,d whole arms are gone and the interior needs a total over haul

Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by baconline(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
the plan is to get a donor jeep to source most of the parts off,until i can locate one ,i will not buy it,advice needed on what i should look out for,i plan to locate a salvage donor jeep on iaai or so,any other source i am open to
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hiann, I for kukuma restore the donor jeep grin . A 1994 wrangler is not a classic per say so why waste such resources and time?

7 Likes

Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by sultaan(m): 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
Don't do it, not worth the trouble when compared to getting a newer one that has OBDII capability
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by chukel(m): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2015
Sorry, r u by any chance being remote controlled from somewhere grin. If u start, u will abandon it when u get stuck. U surely wil get stuck.

5 Likes

Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
Denn started VW Beetle restoration, been long he updated us.
Siena started Hilux Restoration, took over a year, but work is still going on.
Ivoryhouse project has not commenced yet after a long time of proposal, thing are still being gathered.
Now bro, here you are, not restoring but trying to manufacture a car with the aid of Kazeems.
moreover, who will you pay for this and with which papers will you be driving it, since the papers must have burned with the car?
I love a lot cox u got Big Dreams of owing a car manufacturing company within few months.
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by Marpol: 8:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
@OP don't waste your time, energy and resources. This car is not worth it.
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by baconline(m): 8:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
wow nice one guy,it seems every one is against this,alright keep them coming,if i get a accidented salvage and break it and bring it in ?
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by baconline(m): 8:59pm On Apr 11, 2015
chukel:
Sorry, r u by any chance being remote controlled from somewhere grin. If u start, u will abandon it when u get stuck. U surely wil get stuck.
how and why would i get stuck,explain please
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by inze(m): 9:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
** In roman's voice **

-- this mission just went from mission impossible to mission freaking insanity --

1 Like

Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by lonelydora: 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
Op, I'm behind you. With God all things are possible. Ye men of little faith. Na joke I dey oooo.

But Op, why not restore the donor jeep instead of this?

***spreads mat waiting for update***
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
OP don't run, you can do it, I'm solidly behind you, if we go to owode we shall surly find parts for the car.

Beta run and leave this nightmare dream alone. Lomomike come add mouth o!
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by Denn(m): 10:14pm On Apr 11, 2015
Project cost cannot be less than 600k to 800k

Complete Engine,transmission and whole drive train
Complete suspension
Rust repair and metal fabrication
Chassis
dash
upholstery
Complete wiring harness
Knobs, switches and dials
tires
vehicle particulars.
paint job
labour cost...lots of labour hours.
brake
hubs and axles
panels
windscreen

Then spiritual cleansing to remove the demon of backwardness that turned it into a mobile toilet.

As regards buying the vehicle, I think you should even be paid to remove it from its present location.

It can be done.

The question is if it is worthwhile.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by baconline(m): 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
i want to buy a write off donor car from the auctions,hope not to spend more than 1000 dollars breaking inclusive, then fit the parts to the restored,this one wey every er cartalker is telling me NONONONO, should i be saying YESYESYESYES,Pls were is seina ,ikenna etc ,abeg make una talk b4 i put my family for hunger
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by Denn(m): 10:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
baconline:
i want to buy a write off donor car from the auctions,hope not to spend more than 1000 dollars breaking inclusive, then fit the parts to the restored,this one wey every er cartalker is telling me NONONONO, should i be saying YESYESYESYES,Pls were is seina ,ikenna etc ,abeg make una talk b4 i put my family for hunger

1000 USD which is like 200k is not even enough to ship and clear the donor car if it is coming from a USA auction
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
A massive undertaking, restoring this Jeep Wrangler.

What actually happened to it? It looks like it had an engine fire at some point. I would not advise restoration on this Jeep. Make a list of all he missing parts, and I would imagine you'd agree this vehicle is too far gone to salvage. The parts required would be a lot more than those still fitted, and even most of those may be shot.

I doubt any donor vehicle would be in worse shape than the actual recipient of the parts. The donor may end up being the project car.

5 Likes

Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
OP don't run, you can do it, I'm solidly behind you, if we go to owode we shall surly find parts for the car.

Beta run and leave this nightmare dream alone. Lomomike come add mouth o!
My chief, I dey present sir. OP wan restore shey?
We dey here dey play ludo game while we dey wait for the proposed white elephant project to start. Well sha er anything is possible but in this case, nothing is possible.
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by baconline(m): 7:26am On Apr 12, 2015
alright i give up!
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by nurey(m): 8:27am On Apr 12, 2015
That car looks like it has been hit by a mortar in call of duty, modern warfare. grin

Op those jeeps also cost a fortune infact I decided at a time to gather info on this wrangler jeeps, including rubicon and co. Only the early 2000s and late 90s were cheap, very hard to find the salvaged cheap ones seems the shapes can easily be beaten to perfection if it gets dented.

If you want to Restore this car, you must have in mind that all the parts would be sourced from over seas.
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by chnovpaul(m): 9:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Gosh!

Peeps here are wicked. Una just kill the OP's spirit.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! sad
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by erico2k2(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2015
Bossforeva:
Denn started VW Beetle restoration, been long he updated us.
Siena started Hilux Restoration, took over a year, but work is still going on.
Ivoryhouse project has not commenced yet after a long time of proposal, thing are still being gathered.
Now bro, here you are, not restoring but trying to manufacture a car with the aid of Kazeems.
moreover, who will you pay for this and with which papers will you be driving it, since the papers must have burned with the car?
I love a lot cox u got Big Dreams of owing a car manufacturing company within few months.
Bro with money all them parts would be at his desk in one month
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by praxisnetworks: 11:58am On Apr 12, 2015
Op hope you are not the one pictured below?

baconline:
saw the carcass of the above car rotting away in lagos and i picked interest in restoring it,find pixs,

1 Like

Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by olenyi: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2015
inze:
** In roman's voice **

-- this mission just went from mission impossible to mission freaking insanity --

Fast & furious 5. Lol.

Just at a loss on this kind of restoration project. This, sir, is more than a white elephant project. I think a new figure of speech should be coined for it. '' Blue elephant project''.

Regards.
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by baconline(m): 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
na wa oh,una too harsh,i say i no do again,na wetin nai,person no dey try for una village,guys i got d message
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by sultaan(m): 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2015
nurey:
That car looks like it has been hit by a mortar in call of duty, modern warfare. grin

Op those jeeps also cost a fortune infact I decided at a time to gather info on this wrangler jeeps, including rubicon and co. Only the early 2000s and late 90s were cheap, very hard to find the salvaged cheap ones seems the shapes can easily be beaten to perfection if it gets dented.

If you want to Restore this car, you must have in mind that all the parts would be sourced from over seas.

The problem is the cost of shipping the parts and the know how on the ground.

It is very possible to restore it just not necessary when you can buy a better,newer Wrangler.

I went through Craiglist and those wranglers were very expensive unfortunately some were listed higher then a Grand cherokee of the same year with same mileage.Right now in my opinion that jeep holds value better that any mass production car I know, even your almighty Camry/Accord

You can compare yourself but owning one in Nigeria will mean freedom to go anywhere
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
chnovpaul:
Gosh!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! sad

We saved him from himself wink

2 Likes

Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by dhemmyhardy(m): 10:29am On Apr 13, 2015
" Laughing " @ We saved him from himself.......really the spirit inside himself......laughing
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by nurey(m): 11:23am On Apr 13, 2015
sultaan:

The problem is the cost of shipping the parts and the know how on the ground.

It is very possible to restore it just not necessary when you can buy a better,newer Wrangler.

I went through Craiglist and those wranglers were very expensive unfortunately some were listed higher then a Grand cherokee of the same year with same mileage.Right now in my opinion that jeep holds value better that any mass production car I know, even your almighty Camry/Accord

You can compare yourself but owning one in Nigeria will mean freedom to go anywhere

Imagine a Nigerian used 2007 going for 4m plus I was like WTF, but the owners of those vehicles have one thing in common, those cars are well maintained.

My eye is on the sahara editions without body shell just frame or one with leather zip covering.
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by praxisnetworks: 1:08am On Apr 14, 2015
nurey:

Imagine a Nigerian used 2007 going for 4m plus I was like WTF, but the owners of those vehicles have one thing in common, those cars are well maintained.

My eye is on the sahara editions without body shell just frame or one with leather zip covering.

wrangler jeeps? visit Ibadan.
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by idu1(m): 2:19am On Apr 14, 2015
chnovpaul:
Gosh!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! sad
As in I don't get him.
Re: Proposed Restorationn0 Project:1994 Jeep Wrangler by aus39: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
erico2k2:

Bro with money all them parts would be at his desk in one month

hello obinna i called some hours ago and you said you are in a meeting so when am i going to start working with you?because really i will like to do business with n also i think we can be good business partners in the near future so i will really likes for us to get to know each other better here is my numbers 08143693673 and you can reach me on facebook emisekpu26@gmail.com.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“no Policeman Should Arrest You For Having A Car With Tinted Windows”–lagos PPRO / Where Did All The Cars Go? / How To Know If Your Car Is On FRSC Database

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.