Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? (1268 Views)

Buhari Promises To Reopen Cases Of Political Assassination-punch / Protest In Lagos Over Political Violence In Rivers - Photo / ’30 APC Members Killed In Political Violence In Rivers’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by modath(f): 4:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
With all the news of ballot snatching,result sheets hiding,murders and general mayhem that the news and social media have been reporting, we've hardly gotten any negative reports from the north and its baffling....

Are the candidates not interested in "WINNING"?.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by derrick333(m): 4:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
U rite broo,that's a FUD4thought
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by gwales: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
modath:

With all the news of ballot snatching,result sheets hiding,murders and general mayhem that the news and social media have been reporting, we've hardly gotten any negative reports from the north and its baffling[/b

[b]Are the candidates not interested in "WINNING"??
]
because if u try any thing dere the voters would not waste time in deleting

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by gwales: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
modath:

With all the news of ballot snatching,result sheets hiding,murders and general mayhem that the news and social media have been reporting, we've hardly gotten any negative reports from the north and its baffling[/b

]
because if u try any thing dere the voters would not waste time in deleting u
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by theV0ice: 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
modath:

]

The 'illiterate' north is obviously more politically mature and sophisticated than the 'literate' south

For instance, Kwankwaso of PDP lost to Shekarau of ANPP in 2003 freely and fairly due to the Buhari factor and he knew so no complaints. If it was in the south, he would have tried to force himself back in

7 Likes

Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
modath:
[b]With all the news of ballot snatching,result sheets hiding,murders and general mayhem that the news and social media have been reporting, we've hardly gotten any negative reports from the north and its baffling[/b

Are the candidates not interested in "WINNING"?
Because contrary to Popular opinion, most of the animals in your country reside mainly in the Eastern part of the country. The Western Region isn't that much better when it comes to politics, but they usually know when to draw the line.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by saintopus(m): 4:35pm On Apr 11, 2015
The North only wanted power in the centre. There would have been massive violence if GMB had lost. It will not be too long when Boko haram will be a history. On the hand, there would have been calm in the South if GEJ had won.
This is why I will still rate GEJ as the father of modern democracy in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by oduastates: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:
Because contrary to Popular opinion, most of the animals in your country reside mainly in the Eastern part of the country. The Western Region isn't that much better when it comes to politics, but they usually know when to draw the line.
We are trying to cage those western animals forever. In a place where you have many decent educated professionals, it is jarring to see idiots like Obanikoro,fayose,adesuyan anywhere near politics.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by rydow(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
saintopus:
The North only wanted power in the centre. There would have been massive violence if GMB had lost. It will not be too long when Boko haram will be a history. On the hand, there would have been calm in the South if GEJ had won.
This is why I will still rate GEJ as the father of modern democracy in Nigeria.

That's d biggest lie in 2015 or I will ask u to stop assuming, even if Jonathan wins election the South and east wouldn't have in any be peaceful.

Violence is in there blood already but the Northerners believe in there appointed leaders. That's all,or don't u notice the massive Party step down to propell on candidate in the North for the past few weeks

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by abduljabbar4(m): 4:43pm On Apr 11, 2015
There is violence in katsina, kaduna and kano. They now have sense and it appears like you are losing your own
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by saintopus(m): 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
rydow:

That's d biggest lie in 2015 or I will ask u to stop assuming, even if Jonathan wins election the South and east wouldn't have in any be peaceful.

Violence is in there blood already but the Northerners believe in there appointed leaders. That's all,or don't u notice the massive Party step down to propell on candidate in the North for the past few weeks

ok you win!!
suit yourself.

Boko Haram is in the SE.!
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by segend(m): 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2015
Was just wondering the same thing. Most of the violence are from SS and SE.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by arewafederation: 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:
There is violence in katsina, kaduna and kano. They now have sense and it appears like you are losing your own

Tell us more on the violence in the states you mentioned. undecided
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by arewafederation: 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
ISpiksDaTroof:

My ibo brothers...... Is this true?
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by abduljabbar4(m): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2015
arewafederation:

Tell us more on the violence in the states you mentioned. undecided
In kaduna 5 people where killed by yeros thugs.

In kano there were no killings but some ballot papers were snatched

I can't recall the numbers but some people were killed in Katsina

1 Like

Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by QuotaSystem: 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

I'm currently listening to Idris Jibrin of Channels and he stated that the elections in Kano State were violence-free and his only compalint was the low turnout of voters, kindly review your sources and modify as appropriate.
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by modath(f): 4:56pm On Apr 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

I do hope you are not trying to be insultive, but if you are,I'll advise you to take some cognitive reasoning lessons if the winning being in quote doesn't highlight to you that the question is meant to be sarcastic.

The northerners have always been potrayed as bloodthirsty doghounds but the reports of violence has been in pockets while the "meek" southerners have gone on rampage.
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by abduljabbar8: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2015
QuotaSystem:

I'm currently listening to Idris Jibrin of Channels and he stated that the elections in Kano State were violence-free and his only compalint was the low turnout of voters, kindly review your sources and modify as appropriate.
That one is working for another station. The reporter said in general it is okay BUT violence occured in some areas but since you live in Kano and I. Trust you I won't argue
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by isan(m): 5:02pm On Apr 11, 2015
SS And SE is boiling right now

May God take control
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by arewafederation: 5:03pm On Apr 11, 2015
abduljabbar4:

In kaduna 5 people where killed by yeros thugs.

In kano there were no killings but some ballot papers were snatched

I can't recall the numbers but some people were killed in Katsina

Source please.
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by QuotaSystem: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
abduljabbar8:

That one is working for another station. The reporter said in general it is okay BUT violence occured in some areas but since you live in Kano and I. Trust you I won't argue

Oh no you are a better source, I'm not even within the country right now, however we have to be careful to not post unconfirmed information.
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by abduljabbar8: 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2015
arewafederation:

Source please.
Heard it on Liberty radio kaduna
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by modath(f): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
isan:
SS And SE is boiling right now

May God take control

God doesn't interfere in this kind of situation,
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by isan(m): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2015
modath:

God doesn't interfere in this kind of situation,
nothing is too big 4 God U sound like u don't believe God exist
Re: Why Are There Fewer Cases Of Violence In Northern Nigeria????? by modath(f): 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2015
isan:
nothing is too big 4 God U sound like u don't believe God exist

Not at all, if i don't believe in God,what else is there?

What i meant is that God has given us the sense to distinguish between good and bad but we always choose to do wrong hoping God will come to clean up our mess.

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE - N25bn Scam: Igbinedion, Eboigbodin Convicted By Judge / See How Much The Orekoya Family Actually Paid As Kidnap Ransome / Alimonu Kadiri Exposes Okonjo-iweala's Chicanery.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.