Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,098 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids (1874 Views)

"I Didn't Graduate With 3rd Class" - Tony Elumelu Reacts To Twitter User's Claim / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by aproko247: 9:46pm On Apr 11, 2015
For few days now, the social media has been bubbling with news of the three children allegedly kidnapped by a maid reportedly contracted by a Lagos-based mother of four on a popular free advertising platform called OLX Nigeria.

It was said that the woman had left her children with the said maid just a day after she employed the lady she only met on OLX Nigeria.

Not too long ago, there were reports that the maid and her cohorts had contacted family of the missing children, demanding a ransom of N15 million to secure the release of the kids.

However, OLX Nigeria, when contacted by Aproko247 to react to the issue, since the alleged kidnapper was contracted on their platform, which some people have alleged to be a notorious breeding grounds for fraudsters, disclosed to us that they feel the pain the family of the missing children might be going through at the moment.

“Our sympathies go out to the victim and their family,” Lola Masha, OLX Nigeria Country Manager said in a signed statement issued on Saturday and made available to Aproko247.

OLX Nigeria described the incident as “unfortunate” and added that, “OLX is an online classifieds site that brings buyers and sellers together to promote trade.”

“We take steps to moderate and review all ads but we do not participate in the negotiations between buyers and sellers. Transactions are performed directly between both parties. In all our marketing campaign, we continuously urge our users to take necessary precautionary checks when using OLX,” the statement explained.

“We continue to innovate and improve our review process with tighter measures that would help to minimize future occurrence of negative incidents,” said Masha.

The company urged users of their platform “to help us kick out bad players and ask them to report any dubious activity or user on the site for immediate action. Our customer support team can be reached at 0700-CALL-OLX (0700-22-55-659) or at support-ng@olx.com.”

Concluding, OLX Nigeria expressed optimism that “the three kids are returned safely to their loved ones. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and we will provide all help within our capacity to facilitate the quick reunion of the three children with their family.”

Source: http://www.aproko247.com/2015/04/11/exclusive-olx-nigeria-reacts-to-missing-3-oyekoya-kids/

Do you have a story for us? kindly send to story@aproko247.com or aproko247@gmail.com Want to do business with us? Kindly call 08055590141. Thanks
Re: EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by donlawrenzo(m): 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2015
May God grant the safe return of those beautiful kids. Amen
Re: EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by born2lead01: 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
This is indeed an unfortunate incident and OLX needs to do more and I pray the children are rescued soon.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by swaggzo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 11, 2015
WHAT IS OLX?? undecided
Re: EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by midasbliss(f): 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
Hiring A Maid Who Advertised Online.
Awkward Sha.
D Couples Probably Didnt Seek 4 Advice B4 Hiring The Unknown.
May God Protect Their Kids.
I Wi Just Craze.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by willi926(m): 11:25pm On Apr 11, 2015
olx Na serious breeding ground 4 thieves and 419ners. thank God I didn't fall a victim.
Re: EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by Nobody: 11:29pm On Apr 11, 2015
cheesy
swaggzo:
WHAT IS OLX?? undecided
OLX is the name of a pharmaceutical drug used to cure the acute mental illness of demented mor0ns who don't know what OLX is. tongue tongue

FriedPlantain
Re: EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by swaggzo(m): 11:42pm On Apr 11, 2015
FriedPlantain:
cheesy[b]OLX is the name of a pharmaceutical drug used to cure the acute mental illness of demented mor0ns who don't know what OLX is. tongue tongue

FriedPlantain
[/b]

ARE THEY GENUINE AT ALL?
WHY HAVEN'T YOU TRIED THE DRUG TO SEE IF IT CAN HELP TO REBUILD THE CELLS OF YOUR WORN-OUT BRAIN?
OR IS YOUR BRAIN FRIED TOO? I GUESS THE DRUG WON'T WORK IN ANY CASE.
JUST GO DIVE INTO THE THE LAGOON AND BE OVER WITH LIFE! smiley
Re: EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 11, 2015
swaggzo:

ARE THEY GENUINE AT ALL?
WHY HAVEN'T YOU TRIED THE DRUG TO SEE IF IT CAN HELP TO REBUILD THE CELLS OF YOUR WORN-OUT BRAIN?
OR IS YOUR BRAIN FRIED TOO? I GUESS THE DRUG WON'T WORK IN ANY CASE.
JUST GO DIVE INTO THE THE LAGOON AND BE OVER WITH LIFE! smiley

Re: EXCLUSIVE: OLX Nigeria Reacts To Missing 3 Oyekoya Kids by swaggzo(m): 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2015
[quote author=FriedPlantain post=32618351][/quote]

YES IMA CAPSLOCK YOUR GAY FACE TO DEATH MY NIGGA.
I DO NOT INTERNET FIGHT.
JUST DROP BY A NEUTRAL ADDRESS AND IMA COME WHOPP YOUR A$$ MY NIGGA.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Start My Own Bet9ja Shop. / I Have 50k To Start An Online Business. / SEC Targets Increased Level Of Financial Inclusion By 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.