Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here (60884 Views)

Post Your 2016 "By This Time Next Year"expectations With Faith.. / Post Your Favourite Christian Hymns / Is Prophet Muhammed Worthy Of Emulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
My Thoughts On The Worthless Death-bed Repentance. Christ said,"strive to enter by the narrow gate for many,I say to you,shall seek to enter,and shall not be able"Luke 13:24.And couldn't I prove Christ a Liar saying to Myself:What is the use,going through so much trouble?I will live as I please,and indulge my senses,Then when I feel that death is at hand,I can confess my sins,and still go to heaven.Of course,these terms seems flattering and inviting to every Sinner,that no wonder,they flock to lay greedy hold of such a worthless religion; which may present an opportunity of being saved without the rigour and trouble of a Holy life. Some ignorant deluded souls vainly conceit that these five words, 'Lord! have mercy upon me,'are efficacious to send them to heaven,that no wonder an Old divine once said,"Repentance damns more than Sin.Now,oh,sinner! sinner! give me,if you can,an example of real conversion where repentance was deferred till the hour of death! There is but one well- authenticated case,and that is the thief on Calvary.“There is one,” says St.Augustine,“so do not despair.it is the only one,do not trust too presumptuously".Ask the Apostolic Fathers,those enlightened interpreters of Scripture,what they think of such a worthless repentance.Isidore calls it suspicion.Bernard calls it rash and presumptuous.Cyprian,Ambrose, Gregory,Chrysostom,Thomas aquinas all laugh at such a folly as utterly ridiculous and generally speaking,worthless.“I dare not say,” writes St. Augustine,“that one or the other individual who has repented on his death-bed is lost forever,but I cannot have any hope that he is in heaven".It remains true that the thief on the cross repented at the last gasp Luk 23:39-43.But You would do well to remember:His repentance was one of the miracles at Christ’s death, and he glorified God more at his death than you could,if you had been a penitent all your life.So,Therefore the sinner’s hope is a vain one.If it is probable that God will give you the grace of true repentance then,why has God said quite the contrary? Why has he never uttered the least syllable hinting that he is ready to give you such a grace?Why does he rather threaten in the opposite sense? “I will laugh,I will mock,I will punish,I will not hear; you shall die in your sin,” and lest we've forgotton,a thorough,and radical change of life cannot be effected instanteneously.If you love your sins yesterday,certainly,you will love them better today;If you Love Da-grin yesterday ah,certainly,you would love wizkid today and if you love rick-ross yesterday,you would love certainly love lil wayne today So My Friend,prepare to meet thy God and do not put your eternity to such a desperate chance.Spurgeon once said," The young may die;the adult must! To sleep in infancy is to sleep in a siege; to sleep in youth is to slumber during the attack.What! Will you that are so near the Maker's court still put Him off with the question "Go your way?" What! Procrastinate now, when the knife is at your throat—when the worm is at the heart of the tree and the branches have begun to wither—when the molars in your mouth are failing even now, because they are getting fewer and fewer and your eyes that look out of the windows are darkened? The dried up and yellow leaf has come on you, and you are still not ready for your doom!" and again remember those words of Augustine and Aquinas "God has promised you today for your repentance and not tommorow for your procrastination" and "God who pardons the repentant has never promised tommorow to repent in".
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Samneer: 8:06am On Jul 26, 2015
Prayers that break curses and destroy ancestral spirits.

https://www.nairaland.com/2478044/prayers-break-curses-destroys-ancestral

Cc: emusmith
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 26, 2015
Oga emu my first post is fp worthy nah! though i never gave link so here is it https://www.nairaland.com/2477408/thoughts-worthless-death-bed-repentance
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by PrinceAdepoju(m): 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by EvilBrain1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 27, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by jiggaz(m): 10:27pm On Jul 27, 2015
No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins
https://www.nairaland.com/2465238/no-christian-left-behind-rapture
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Boomark(m): 4:30am On Jul 28, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by acadollar(m): 5:00am On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 29, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by jiggaz(m): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2015
( MUST READ ) Four Reasons Why We Cant Lose Our Salvation
https://www.nairaland.com/2487963/must-read-four-reasons-why
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by chychyobbi(f): 6:22am On Jul 30, 2015
Another South African Pastor Rides Church Members Like Horses, Even Made Them Eat Soap (See Photos)

South Africa has recorded another strange “man of God” First it was South African Pastor Penuel of End Times Disciples Ministries who made his congregation eat all sorts of things from snakes to underwear. … and now this? And must it always be women?…Lol.

The latest discovery is Prophet Agabus Nawa of Embassy of Glory Christ Centre. He hails from Mafikeng, North West, according to the information on an old Facebook page and defunct Twitter account.

His claimed that he can command bath soap to taste like chocolate and make members of his congregation fall in deep sleep like God made Adam do. See more crazy photos...

http://www.chichinwaafrica.com/2015/07/another-south-african-pastor-rides.html

Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by winner01(m): 9:28am On Jul 30, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Bnladan(m): 5:36am On Jul 31, 2015
emusmith:
Hello Friends,

With so many threads created here; some "Front Page Worthy" and others "NOT Front Page Worthy", we would love to really have a more organized and impactful section that will make Front Page more often than it has been.

For example:

TOPIC: Sex Destroyed Me; Took Away My Luck. I Need Help

LINK: https://www.nairaland.com/2248983/sex-destroyed-me-took-away

After taking this step, don't bother reminding myself and other moderators/supermods to move it to Front page because if it is Front Page Worthy, it will surely make Frontpage in the Appropriate Time.

Consider this thread a clarion call to sanitizing the Religious Section. In the bid to doing so, the following information needs to be well understood:

1. Do not discriminate any belief you know little or nothing about. If you must contribute, do that with courtesy, respect and maturity.

2. Religion lay emphasis on a Higher Being, be it Christianity, Islam, Buddhaism etc and I believe they all promote good living, kindness, love and respect. Through your help, we'll ensure(the best way we can) all these virtues are being restored to this section.

3. Before creating or quoting any thread, remember the rules of Nairaland. They will be enforced on anyone who breaks them

NB: Only Religious Threads Are Allowed Here!

Questions and Complaints will also be taken.

Thank You.
Prohibition of Arrogance and Oppression

`Iyad bin Himar (May Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah (sal-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam ) said, "Verily, Allah has revealed to me that you should adopt humility. So that no one may wrong another and no one may be disdainful and haughty towards another."[Muslim].

Commentary:
Anyone whom Allah has granted wealth or authority, beauty or splendour, should take it as Allah's Gift. He should take to adopt humility and humbleness and express his gratitude for it to Allah. He should benefit people with the gifts bestowed upon him by Allah and not make them a means of pride and oppression.

279/1589 - Riyad Us-Saliheen (Gardens of the Righteous)
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Bnladan(m): 5:40am On Jul 31, 2015
The Desirability of Fasting six Days in the Month of Shawwal

Abu Ayyub (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sal-Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam ) said, "He who observes As-Saum (the fasts) in the month of Ramadan, and also observes As-Saum for six days in the month of Shawwal, it is as if he has observed As-Saum for the whole year."[Muslim].
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by lekan008(m): 7:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by chuose: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
this is good for front page make christian eye open.

KIRK FRANKLIN NA GAY MAN

https://www.nairaland.com/2492989/kirk-franklin-freemason-most-likely
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by odijeks(m): 11:36am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:50am On Aug 02, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2496196/what-it-mean-religion-when

What does it mean for religion if humans create robots that are fully conscious?

Nairaland needs thought provoking topics on FP! This delves into philosophy and theology about our humanity and how we will relate to robots if we ever got technology to make them conscious!
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Samneer: 11:46am On Aug 02, 2015
Eternal Security; Truth or Heresy

https://www.nairaland.com/2496430/eternal-security-truth-heresy

cc: Emusmith
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by saaedlee: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Topic: An Open Letter To The Church: How The Church Can Make The World A Better Place
Link: https://www.nairaland.com/2497358/open-letter-church-how-church
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Addietunes(m): 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2497425/omg-indian-teenager-worshipped-god

The topic is: OMG!! This Indian Teenager is Worshipped As God Because He Has a Seven inch Tail (See Photos)
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by prettydpri: 11:38am On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by sundayerhun(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by sydraay: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2015
[b][/b] Topic : What!! Lenny Kravitz Flashes Joystick During Stockholm Concert : Picture

Link: www.nairaland.com/2503565/what-lenny-kravitz-flashes-joystick
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by sydraay: 11:47am On Aug 05, 2015
Topic: What!! Lenny Kravitz Flashes Joystick During Stockholm Concert : picture
Link: www.nairaland.com/2503565/what-lenny-kravitz-flashes-joystick

Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Gurgle(f): 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
What are the signs of a mind under spiritual attack?

https://www.nairaland.com/2506319/what-signs-mind-under-spiritual

How do you identify when somebody's mind is being attacked spiritually rather than other causes like sickness, bad circumstances or other things that make somebody act out of character? And how do you heal such a problem? Views from all religions and standpoints welcome
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by sharperino(m): 4:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Check to see if you find this front page worthy.

" 'and They Were Unclad – And Not Ashamed': Church Allows Unclad Worshipers (Photos) "

www.nairaland.com/2506111/unclad-not-ashamed-church-allows
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Femiwilli: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
RCCG PASTOR SAY'S MONEY MAKING IS THE REASON FOR CHURCH EXPANSION

https://www.nairaland.com/2507233/redeemed-pastor-says-rccgs-aim
Re: Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here by Rita5(f): 7:45am On Aug 08, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Anglican Church In Rome & Bible And Beer Fellowship Shocks Nigerian Lawyer / She Lured Him Into Sex, And This Finally Happened To Him / Sinach, Joe Egbu With Pastor Chris At Sharon Oyakhilome's Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.