Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Financial Fair Play Is Not The Reason Manchester City Failed - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Financial Fair Play Is Not The Reason Manchester City Failed (443 Views)

Uefa's Financial Fair Play Against Man City, Nothing More Than Common Robbery / Imo Man Commits Suicide Over Failed Bet On Manutd / Hilarious;was It Fair Play Or Just Plain Stupidity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Financial Fair Play Is Not The Reason Manchester City Failed by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:36am On Apr 12, 2015
[b]Kompany believes UEFA's financial fair play rules limited Manchester City's growth and he hit out at UEFA in his latest interview.

Manchester City prepares for a derby against their fellow City rivals Manchester United. Kompany believes UEFA brought in the FFP rules to protect football powerhouses like Manchester United.

"That's how I look at it anyway," Kompany told the Sunday Telegraph.

"If you go into the business world you can't say to anyone they cannot invest. I understand the fans have to be protected, the clubs have to be protected but plans need to be accepted.

"You win things; you get more fans. You get more fans; you create more revenue. That's not a stupid way of thinking of investing in a business. 

"I do understand there needs to be regulation but I just wonder what is going to change at the top? 

"When I came to England it was just four clubs at the top. Four. The same top four all the time and that's changed now."

"What you do is actually protect the few who already have the things geared up to create enough revenue for them to invest more than anyone else," he added.

"I think there needs to be a format that people respect. When you get into a club you need to subscribe to be in there for a number of years, you need to maybe commit to a certain number of regulations but in this case who are you protecting?"

The Financial Fair Play rules favors the football powerhouses and does not help a small club topple the big clubs like Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

However, that is not the reason Manchester City failed to defend their English Premier League title.

Manchester City made mistakes in the transfer markets and failed to strengthen the squad. The funds put into the deals of Mangala and Bony was enough to secure a top striker to help the squad challenge for titles.

The FFP did not restrict that but poor management from the top officials caused this.

The departure of Alvaro Negredo was poorly handled and when injuries hit the squad, Manchester City had no attacker to help push the club forward.

Bringing in Lampard was also a wrong move because he was not going to start regularly for the club.

This summer, Manchester City should bring in players that can challenge the current top players of the club. If the top players have competitions for places in the team, the performances of the club will improve.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/financial-fair-play-is-not-reason.html[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Champions Chelsea Are Great, Not Boring / Video- Highlights And Full Match: Levante 1 – 3 Real Madrid (la Liga) / Barcelona Vs Valencia 1-2 - (live)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.