Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest (4188 Views)

Clinton Lost Because She Wanted To Edit The Holy Bible – Doyin Okupe / Nigeria In Problem Because Leaders Put Self-interest First —balarabe Musa / Jimi Agbaje Lost To Ambode In His Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by rebranded(m): 2:53am On Apr 12, 2015
You cannot decide to divide a state you want to rule over!

During the case of the Oba if Jimi did not try to score cheap political points with it and blow it out of proportion rather tried to clarify what the Oba implied!

His image would have been a lover of lagos and a builder than a divider.

Hopefully this will give him time to face Jayy Kee and contribute his bit to Lagos development in other ways.

14 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by Jaraworldsms(m): 2:59am On Apr 12, 2015
THAT WAS BAD OF HIM. APC CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOSS LAGOS

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by cy4cent(f): 3:02am On Apr 12, 2015
politics of tribalism does not do anyone good!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by lordthree(m): 3:10am On Apr 12, 2015
instead of agbaje to start from house of reps or senate, the guy dey chook eye for governor, anyway in another 8 years try again

6 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by seunfly: 3:18am On Apr 12, 2015
For healthy competitive democracy sake, I worked for APC @federal level and PDP @ Lagos state level but with his recent action I wish I had not supported him at all.

How can you incite an outsiders against your own people and your own king was molested, emberrased and disgraced yet you are still proud. Well I don't blame him, I blame the other tribe who allowed them self to be used as pawn and I commend few sensible and understanding ones among them.(Afonja of Ilorin comes to mind)

I pray his political career ends here and people of Lagos punish him for life.

35 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by adebayo201: 4:44am On Apr 12, 2015
lordthree:
instead of agbaje to start from house of reps or senate, the guy dey chook eye for governor, anyway in another 8 years try again

Are you serious A one time deputy governor

*smh*
Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by Burger01(m): 4:46am On Apr 12, 2015
Agbaje woefully didn't play his cards well. He lost it the moment he capitalized on the oba's inflammatory comments. Btw, that's politics and now he has earned himself derogatory title of 'Omo Ale'....Pitysmiley

12 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by REMMEI(m): 4:49am On Apr 12, 2015
I've been an ardent JIMI's supporter and fan for a very long time.. I love him as a man but politically he's in a very wrong party I must say..

You can come here to tell me people don't vote base on parties and I will give you countless examples of those that did..

JIMI's political carrer has crumbled if he dare lose this election to AMBODE..i don't know why I decided not to support him this time.. AGBAJE no dey farabale.. this is one of the biggest state in Africa you wanna lead not some backward primitive states..

I can't just imagine how he's gonna be feeling now..

5 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by adebayo201: 4:51am On Apr 12, 2015
seunfly:
For healthy competitive democracy sake, I worked for APC @federal level and PDP @ Lagos state level but with his recent action I wish I had not supported him at all.

How can you incite an outsiders against your own people and your own king was molested, emberrased and disgraced yet you are still proud. Well I don't blame him, I blame the other tribe who allowed them self to be used as pawn and I commend few sensible and understanding ones among them.(Afonja of Ilorin comes to mind)

You just hit the hammer on its head. Oh! sorry, you just hit the nail on Agbaje's head.

Right here on OAU campus, I told my friends If it's possible to transfer my vote through Bluetooth, I'd have done that for Ambode. JK just shot himself on the foot.

Forget tribalism, even the Igbos know he can't make it.
Wish him success in his endeavors thou sad

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by Swaycater(m): 4:53am On Apr 12, 2015
JK

Just Kidding

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by REMMEI(m): 4:53am On Apr 12, 2015
pinardave:

Yorubas and stupidity... Always want to be slaves to one man. You didn't vote Agbaje because he seek the support of igbos showed highest level of insensitivity. As if he was not a Yoruba.. I pity you guys, keep bowing for Tinubu and let him be determining your faith every year.Tinubu will determine your faith in the next 24 years...guess what, the same set of people in his pipeline will be benefiting while the rest of you will be leaking his anus thinking you voted against the igbos. Agbaje is a pure Yoruba, he may have spread his campaign to get the Igbo votes, but guess what? the Yorubas in their primitive and tribalism voted against him..this is contrary to the education which they claimed to have acquired. Yoruba are slaves to Tinubu and will remain slaves!..stupid sets of people

Smfh!.. so yorubas are tribalistic ?

Well,can't you just leave them alone for once?..

13 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by Nobody: 5:02am On Apr 12, 2015
Please leave politics for the politicians.********* CHEAP ACRES OF LANDS AVAILABLE AT KARISHI,15KM DRIVE FROM NYANYA ABUJA, 100K PER PLOT. THEY ARE IDEAL FOR POULTRY, SCHOOLS, ESTATE, ETC. PRICE STILL NEGOTIABLE. CONTACT: 08135328835, 08159935304

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by jjlala: 5:04am On Apr 12, 2015
pinardave:

Yorubas and stupidity... Always want to be slaves to one man. You didn't vote Agbaje because he seek the support of igbos showed highest level of insensitivity. As if he was not a Yoruba.. I pity you guys, keep bowing for Tinubu and let him be determining your faith every year.Tinubu will determine your faith in the next 24 years...guess what, the same set of people in his pipeline will be benefiting while the rest of you will be leaking his anus thinking you voted against the igbos. Agbaje is a pure Yoruba, he may have spread his campaign to get the Igbo votes, but guess what? the Yorubas in their primitive and tribalism voted against him..this is contrary to the education which they claimed to have acquired. Yoruba are slaves to Tinubu and will remain slaves!..stupid sets of people

Mr Man stop hating okay undecided and leave us alone, if you're not okay with us Pls the door is open back to your village

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by bewla(m): 5:19am On Apr 12, 2015
i offer some thing if the KING apologises i will give him my head to b chop off free . oba ba lo ri owon gbogbo no one should disrespect our king jimi want to peach the igbo against us but the good lord will counter him and who ever support him

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by focus7: 5:28am On Apr 12, 2015
pinardave:

it will be better for us to follow Tinubu than to allow Jimi Agbaje to sell our land to some bastards who are displaced in there own land by erosion and spread over everywhere in Nigeria claiming to be doing business they cannot do in their own place. We will prefer to follow Tinubu who is a visionary and has shoot up the political value of the Yorubas than to be like a tribe that all they are known for is to beat chest to be everything only to discovered that they worth nothing when they are put on the scale of test, today with the recent presidential election and the igbo support for Agbaje in the Lagos guber election it has shown how worthless the igbos are in political value in Nigeria. It is good to follow Tinubu that has made the Yorubas proud for his astute political leadership that the igbos cannot boast of having such a leader among the political jobbers and sycophants they have, the igbos that opposed the family of Yaradua handing over power to Jonathan suddenly became the staunch supporters of Jonathan, what an irony. Nigeria is watching, we know withing the next few months, the sycophants we be flooding Aso Rock to want to hijack the system.

32 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by Badguytinz(m): 5:31am On Apr 12, 2015
ummm, this is a game of politics people do whatever to win. Even turning your back against your brother is not impossible in such a game undecided. However, I'm still hoping for a lagos state governor who is not influenced by some " higher power"
Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by Nobody: 5:34am On Apr 12, 2015
seunfly:

His career is long dead, the moment he started supporting the insults on Akinolu, honestly a lot of Yoruba changed their mind and voted Ambode because of the insult the Oba received and they felt Agbaje sold us to the ibos.
Though a lot didn't support what the oba said, but Agbaje shouldn't have try to score points with it.
Next time he will learn to put those who matter first.
You can't sell your people cheap, and expect to buy them cheap, you will definitely pay a huge price.
Agbaje paid his huge price already by throwing his career in the "Lagoon"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by phizzle017(m): 5:34am On Apr 12, 2015
Jimi should go back to his shop and learn how to manage a small business first. He should come back in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by Hapuya: 5:36am On Apr 12, 2015
pinardave:

Ode, now come and start going home. U guys just av a way of making a normal Nigerian citizen become suddenly too conscious of his ethnicity thru the shiit u spew from ur gutter mouths on a daily basis. Fvcck!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by aresa: 5:59am On Apr 12, 2015
pinardave:

Seeking ibo people's help makes no difference to me if ibo people's goal remains in the interest and advancement of Yoruba people and also their own prosperity, but this is not the case..

Bottom line, our interests, hopes and aspirations as Yoruba people are not the same and ibo people are never interested in what's best for Yoruba people so seeking the support of foreigners with negative and antagonistic interest against your own people means putting other people's negative and evil interests of other people against your own people.

This betrayal and abomination makes Agbaje a greedy power hungry and soulless bastard...

Politics or no politics, you still have to look out for your own people and their interests..

12 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by ibkgab001: 6:10am On Apr 12, 2015
I said it earlier Agbeje sorry Agbaye doesn't looks like a politician moreover he lacks experience in handling pub office that is why he over talked OBA of Lagos is dancing Shoki somewhere at the palace #tryagain

Mind you I will close my NAIRALAND acct if Ambode looses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by akinmusi(m): 6:12am On Apr 12, 2015
I understand one thing about Yoruba, they know when to put their house in order and maintain an accord to some extent if there is a perceived disunity.

I wish both Jimi Agbaje and Ambo all the best.

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by Bifwoli: 6:13am On Apr 12, 2015
Hapuya:

Ode, now come and start going home. U guys just av a way of making a normal Nigerian citizen become suddenly too conscious of his ethnicity thru the shiit u spew from ur gutter mouths on a daily basis. Fvcck!!!

#BringBack our Jonathan.

GEJ was the best long term solution to Nigeria's many challenges.
Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by fitzmayowa: 6:28am On Apr 12, 2015
Jaraworldsms:
THAT WAS BAD OF HIM. APC CAN NOT AFFORD TO LOSS LAGOS
Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by phelps007: 6:40am On Apr 12, 2015
rebranded:

During the case of the Oba if Jimi did not try to score cheap political points with it and blow it out of proportion rather tried to clarify what the Oba implied!

Hopefully this will give him time to face Jayy Kee and contribute his bit to Lagos development in other ways.

It shows Agbaje is not intelligent bro. He refused to make a lot of sense by using Oba's comment to gain more votes, rather he took sides by saying people should use their votes to push APC to the lagoon. The same way GEJ refused to call his wife and attack dogs to order when they were on the loose. You don't win elections by being stupid, Nigerians are wiser now

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by tollu: 6:43am On Apr 12, 2015
JIMI's number 1 sin to many of us Lagos voters was his association with PDP.

He put his ambition before wisdom, if he had been in Accord or Labour party for example, he might still have failed but it will be honourably failure. He would have used that time to spread his tentacles.

He can consider being a servant leader in other ways, let him start with LG councillor or look for work in Alausa or the FG. Get into government one way or another and develop himself.
Losing at his PU was the most shameful part of all. If the people in your immediate environment cannot even vouch for you then arrivederci.

1 Like

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by oakson: 6:52am On Apr 12, 2015
He's just being ethnocentric and clueless like his sponsors, simple!

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by Amazo: 6:55am On Apr 12, 2015
rebranded:

space booked... i'll be back to comment
Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by dridowu: 6:55am On Apr 12, 2015
seunfly:

I pray his political career ends here and people of Lagos punish him for life
I am not God but i believe his political career has just end, not only him i guess may be his children included because no matter the post he may be vieing for he will always be remember for wanting to use his personal gains to divide his people.

4 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by phlemzy: 6:55am On Apr 12, 2015
Jimi should be tutored on how an election campaign should be done.

2 Likes

Re: Jimi Agbaje Lost Because He Put Self Interest Before Lagos Interest by jasper83: 7:11am On Apr 12, 2015
pinardave:

e dey pain u gaigan, e dey pain u welle welle o gaigan. Cry me a river if u like...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yakubu Warns INEC Staff Against Complicity With Politicians / Some Names That Have Always Confused Me About Their Origin / If East Tries To Go We Will Create Cor State - Gowon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.