Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Sleeping And Your New Born Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sleeping And Your New Born Baby (1255 Views)

Photo Of A Proud Dad Bathing His New Born Baby Goes Viral On FB / 28 Year Old Mother Dumps New Born Baby In A Nylon Bag On The Street (photo) / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleeping And Your New Born Baby by Mwada: 2:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
sleeping and your newborn baby
is the state of relaxation of the muscle and less perception of the environmental stimuli. sleep is a naturally reoccurring activities coupled with alteration to the consciousness, decreased response to stimuli and inhibition of voluntary muscles activities. sleeping help to conserve energy and human beings may suffer from sleep disorders such as insomnia, hypersomnia, apnea, sleep walking, etc when sleep starved.
new born babies sleeps a lot at least 16 hours a day and , newborn sleeps both during the day and the night, they sleep all the time and wake up after 2-3 hours to feed because their little stomach doesn’t hold much breast to keep them strong. and healthy , therefore they wake up any time of the day or night to eat.
newborn babies may sleep for more than fifteen hours a day walking after 2 or 3 hours to feed babies that are breast fed tend to wake after two or three hour whereas bottled-fed babies use to take longer, babies need food at these age more than sleeping, therefore babies should wake up as to feed from time to time. after you notice a weight gain , then you can allow it to sleep for a longer time. the first month of a baby’s life can be can be challenging for a new mother, she need to get up many times in the night to feed her baby. each baby has a different sleeping pattern as adult , some may be be sleeping through at the night for the first 2 months while others may not.
for the first week of a baby’s birth some parent may sleep in the same bed with their infant , that is bed-sharing while others may choose to room-share with their baby. when you place your baby’s crib in same room with you , you easily get close to it, to hear smell or sense any change. this will help with baby’s feeding and sleep habits and new parent to get the much needed sleep. room-sharing is is safe while putting your baby to sleep with you in the same bed may not be safe , though it depend on your choice. room-sharing is preferred to bed-sharing because there is a risk that the baby may suffocate or strangle in bed-sharing .
follow these procedures when putting your baby to sleep
• start by placing your bay on its back not on the stomach or side to sleep.
• use a firm crib mattress with that fit it, ensure that your crib is up to standard.
• all toys, pillows blanket must be removed from the crib. ensure that nothing else is in the crib or bassinet as these things may block the baby’s breathing.
• put the crib or bassinet away from any other items, like hanging bags, wall pictures etc as these may fall on your baby

http://newborn-babies-co..com

1 Like

Re: Sleeping And Your New Born Baby by freeradical(m): 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nice and educative piece.
Re: Sleeping And Your New Born Baby by Onozboy(m): 2:41pm On Apr 12, 2015
Front page material.

Nice one
Re: Sleeping And Your New Born Baby by jamex93(m): 2:43pm On Apr 12, 2015
Wao

E make sence

Mod

Fp or I gun u
Re: Sleeping And Your New Born Baby by prissyluv(f): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nice piece. I knew right from time that I cant bed-share with my baby.lol
Re: Sleeping And Your New Born Baby by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:21pm On Apr 12, 2015
I shared bed with my children at birth..... I couldn't help it. To stand up from bed almost every two hours. .... Wasn't easy for me...especially the first two weeks when stitches down there ain't healed. God abeg oo@ memories.

(1) (Reply)

12 Dangerous People To Marry / Help A Marriage Is About To Brake Up / New Maid Made Her Son To Speak Pidgin English Under 1month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.