Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy (36287 Views)

Taraba state Governorship Result Of 11 Out Of 16 Lgas / Photo: Authentic Imo State Governorship Result From INEC / Adamawa Governorship Result: APC Leading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by sheylarhh(m): 4:29am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
i support the majority's candidate and my good bro...d majority i know want ajumobi out of power
shey u see now, u don fail...
D question is who did u vote for and why
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Osyxcel(m): 4:31am On Apr 13, 2015
emiye:
Most of our Governors are lazy to think outside the box in increasing the IGR of the state, or do not have the political will power to do such.

Exactly my problem with state governors. Governance is not all about receiving allocation from the center and disbursing it. There should be investments in wealth generating activities

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by alrahmanonline(m): 6:27am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
are u in oyo state?u learnt....u didn't experience it
I'm in oyo state, it's you that is not happy because no stomach infrasture Unlike akala days, you must be sincere with yourself,this Man has done a lot of thimg in terms of infrastructure and and security..

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by alrahmanonline(m): 6:30am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
u are only saying dis because u are not here in oyo state experiencing it...ajumobi 's govt is not for d masses..it s for d rich...confirm from any1 u know in oyo state
lier!!!!!! i stay in oyo state stop spreading lies all over, it will take you nowhere

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Supremor(m): 6:49am On Apr 13, 2015
I really do not know much about Oyo politics but in my opinion I think Ajimobi has done better than his predecessors.Akala has ruled in Oyo state before same for Ladoja and I can't remember Oyo state been ruled any better than what Ajimobi has done; the credit Akala support gives to his government is that he lavishes money hence the nickname ATM and people could feel his presence anywhere he goes but that in my opinion does not define good governance and as for Ladoja who is so loved by teachers especially because they say he pays their salaries promptly aside that ask his supporters what his achievements were and they will they you he was handicapped from performing by the influence and interference of Adedibu there are not many things to point to as his achievements while in office, the masses bitterness against Ajimobi largely centres on the fact the say he demolished houses indiscriminately(some say without compensation) but no one cares to know if those houses have C of O or follows the masterplan. My heartfelt sympathy only goes to Seyi Makinde whom I preferred he's the only one whose hands are clean among all the contestants but as for others I think Ajimobi is a better candidate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by anigbajumo(m): 6:57am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
there are 2 things involved..
Its either u are a apc die hard supporter or u are not based in oyo state
Am APC die hard supporter even presently in da hometown of Akala......jst wana return 2Abj dis morni.....

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by jethro2: 7:32am On Apr 13, 2015
alrahmanonline:
lier!!!!!! i stay in oyo state stop spreading lies all over, it will take you nowhere
Please be civil in arguing your point. Calling someone outright a lier because he express himself speak so much about you.
People are expressing their opinion.
Be matured please
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by bodejohn(m): 7:38am On Apr 13, 2015
haftob:

He dint get majority of the votes but he has the highest no of votes (they are 2 different things). And wat hapnd was dat majority votes were splitted btw Ladoja(Accord),Akala(LP),Teslim(PDP) and Seyi Makinde(SDP)

You are only playing with words.
Majority does not come from something that is split.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by jethro2: 7:41am On Apr 13, 2015
Supremor:
I really do not know much about Oyo politics but in my opinion I think Ajimobi has done better than his predecessors.Akala has ruled in Oyo state before same for Ladoja and I can't remember Oyo state been ruled any better than what Ajimobi has done; the credit Akala support gives to his government is that he lavishes money hence the nickname ATM and people could feel his presence anywhere he goes but that in my opinion does not define good governance and as for Ladoja who is so loved by teachers especially because they say he pays their salaries promptly aside that ask his supporters what his achievements were and they will they you he was handicapped from performing by the influence and interference of Adedibu there are not many things to point to as his achievements while in office, the masses bitterness against Ajimobi largely centres on the fact the say he demolished houses indiscriminately(some say without compensation) but no one cares to know if those houses have C of O or follows the masterplan. My heartfelt sympathy only goes to Seyi Makinde whom I preferred he's the only one whose hands are clean among all the contestants but as for others I think Ajimobi is a better candidate
I can understand you because you are not here.
Ajimobis government is for few people.
He has the highest votes not the majority votes.
Akala, Ladoja , Teslim are recycling new wine in an old bottles. But they for selfish reasons could not work together to bring a new breed.
Makinde would have been it if they rally round him.
But they were all self centred.
In some of my earlier post you will see itemise things that could make a big difference in peoples life.
Oyo is big but the governor did not try.
Its only in Ibadan and the cities that Ajumobi governs not the rural dwellers
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by masinga07(m): 7:46am On Apr 13, 2015
alrahmanonline:

I'm in oyo state, it's you that is not happy because no stomach infrasture Unlike akala days, you must be sincere with yourself,this Man has done a lot of thimg in terms of infrastructure and and security..
i dont think you people get dis tin at all. u are talking of infrastructure and security wen people who have worked are not been paid salaries. how many people did he employed nd how many did he either retrenched or gave compulsory retirement. he has won his second term but dat doesnt erase d fact dat dis govt is really anti-people and oyo state middle and low class people shld be prepared for another 4 rough years.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by mayour01(m): 7:56am On Apr 13, 2015
am serving in oyo state and i can tell you that d masses, d market women n d workers are nt happy with ajumobi cos dey think he didn't treat dem well in his 1st term, d tins dat worked 4 him are pples luv 4 buhari n lots of strong oppositn. What i know is dat at least now the apc governors cannot lie to d workers dat dey were nt paid allocatn just like osun state cos they are now d ones in power. Watchin ao d next 4 yrs will b

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by nikaShow(m): 8:00am On Apr 13, 2015
I think Oyo state went for the lesser of the evils.

Truth be told, Ajimobi hasn't been a governor for the masses.
The middle / lower classes are suffering. Even the state government's civil servants are crippled in their work.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Hope15: 8:12am On Apr 13, 2015
masinga07:
Am surprises some people are saying Ajimobi is turning ibadan to lagos rubbish. for God sake how do u justify someone who hasnt paid retired primary school teachers for about 14 gud months nd oda pensioners for many months. LAUTECH staffs havent recieved a dine dis year. he constructed some double lane in ogbomoso but u can stand for 1 hr nd count how many cars dat pass der. d truth is people are badly suffering. d man has won but dat was only becos of selfish interest of Ladoja, Akala and Teslim.
Whose fault It's true that most civil servants are not happy with Ajimobi, but so they were in 2011. Though people have been blaming Akala for not aligning with his former boss to cruise to victory, but for me, Ladoja is the real wahala. Why didn't he give the slot to SOLAN? A new face, yet already tested and trusted. Virtually everyone in his senatorial district salutes him. SOLAN could have been a more worthy opponent to Ajimobi. The strong head of Ladoja that he wants to go back to Agodi gave the seat back to the incumbent.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by kristisking(m): 8:23am On Apr 13, 2015
I thought the want change?
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Burger01(m): 8:23am On Apr 13, 2015
BiHung:
Only greedy people would nit be happy. They are sad that the money of the state will continue to be used for development instead of being squandered on stomach infrastructure. Nonsense

Ajimobi is turning ibadan to a city like lagos..and u are there hating.

Don't mind him smiley
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by buchichukwu69: 8:23am On Apr 13, 2015
After voting?

Too late cos result is out. Till 2019.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by GidisFinest: 8:24am On Apr 13, 2015
Story...

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by kristisking(m): 8:24am On Apr 13, 2015
That's Nigerian politicians for you.I laugh when I see people foolishly jubilating that change has come as if they were not Nigerians.Nigerian politicians are the same,whether APC or PDP

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by upsonn(m): 8:25am On Apr 13, 2015
MARKone:

But I learnt the man has done a lot for Oyo state, far better than what Akala even did in his ogbomosho constituency and ladoja, why are the people still not happy, or they just want to maintain the one governor one term unofficial policy.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by simplynola(m): 8:25am On Apr 13, 2015
Whats your conclusion on the percentage voters. You saw 5 people sad and you concluded the whole of the state is sad. Did you do statistics in school at all?

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by AjaoMT2: 8:27am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
u are only saying dis because u are not here in oyo state experiencing it...ajumobi 's govt is not for d masses..it s for d rich...confirm from any1 u know in oyo state
I am in Oyo State. I live in Ibadan. While we may argue that Ajimobi has had more money to play with than his predecessors, he has actually done much more than all of them apart from Bola Ige. While many truly don't like him, (mostly because of the stomach infracstruture issue), he won simply because no credible candidate emerged to challenge him.

4 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by upsonn(m): 8:27am On Apr 13, 2015
MARKone:

But I learnt the man has done a lot for Oyo state, far better than what Akala even did in his ogbomosho constituency and ladoja, why are the people still not happy, or they just want to maintain the one governor one term unofficial policy.

To hell with which majority? Majority want ajumobi to be re elected... I am in oyo too and majority of us are happy.. I am not quoting u directly... I am jst seconding wat u said.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by mcyemite(m): 8:28am On Apr 13, 2015
ariy:
@op, people are happy in my area.

5 strong men contest and only one win. the supporters of the remaining four which is majority will not happy. i.e. 35% - 65%
nice calculation....

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Jokay07(m): 8:28am On Apr 13, 2015
Both akala and ladoja are greedy.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by spenca: 8:28am On Apr 13, 2015
So is it osun state residents that voted in Oyo states ?

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by becka95(f): 8:29am On Apr 13, 2015
MARKone:

. Hmm if you aren't in oyo state u won't know watsup,abandoned road constructions here and there,after doing some rough constructions,people started laying complaints only for our inglorious governor ajumobi to say "the roads were not made for trailers,tankers etc" so what should we expect this time
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by bobcharly(m): 8:30am On Apr 13, 2015
APC just have to fully take over this country...Deal with it!
Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by shinest(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
ladies and gentlemen if you are truly in oyo state now and you wont lie...you will see that majority of oyo state citizens if not all the masses are not happy at the result.. and i wonder how did this governor get elected?people has been crying rigging..No jubilation anywhere..d only pple jubilating now would be ajumobi ,his family and some greedy die hard supporters...violence has started ensuring in some places...we dont know how many will die with this dubious 4 years that has been given d incumbent governor (mind u..i am not that biased...but i am a citizen too and i fall in the majority)
God save the good people of Oyo state
stay tuned...dis movie will not be ending soon

mr man u don't even knw wot u ar sayin,even d blind knew that Ajimobi has done wot Akala and Ladoja has never done wen dey av d chance. You don't knw anytin abt Oyo state RIP to ur writeup

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:
ladies and gentlemen if you are truly in oyo state now and you wont lie...you will see that majority of oyo state citizens if not all the masses are not happy at the result.. and i wonder how did this governor get elected?people has been crying rigging..No jubilation anywhere..d only pple jubilating now would be ajumobi ,his family and some greedy die hard supporters...violence has started ensuring in some places...we dont know how many will die with this dubious 4 years that has been given d incumbent governor (mind u..i am not that biased...but i am a citizen too and i fall in the majority)

How did you arrieve at this conclusion of majority? What data did you take? This is what is called bogus claim. I know say na this kin thing dey sweet nairaland moderators - anything to justify the dollar GEJ gave them. Bogus claim in favour of the drowning party = frontpage

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by adexeli(m): 8:32am On Apr 13, 2015
OP it seems pdpee has paid you to express their frustration undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by mexyk(m): 8:35am On Apr 13, 2015
sketcherJ:

It's only people who don't appreciate development and want money they dint work for dat wld not appreciate Ajimobi. Am glad majority of the masses voted for him. It's normal for some people to be blinded by greed tho, but they won't stop progress

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Result:majority Are Not Happy by olamonsor2: 8:35am On Apr 13, 2015
Yes I am not happy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

GRA Phase3, Port Harcourt After Rainfall (Photos) / Onion Traders Threaten To Cut Supply To Southern Nigeria Monday / 19-Year-Old Comedian Remanded In Prison Over Bank Robbery Prank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.