Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Critique Wanted - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Critique Wanted (1569 Views)

Please Guys Critique This New Logos (NO BLANCKET CONDEMNATION OR JUST GO AWAY) / Please Guys Critique These Crappy Logos I Just Made. / Please I Need Critique For This Logo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Critique Wanted by KamuiR(m): 3:35am On Apr 13, 2015
Opinions please,

My name is Robert, I'm an American, born & raised in New York City, being 60 + years old
I lived through the last part of the cold war (and the Anti-Apartheid/SWAPO/Thomas Sankara era).

I've been doing 3d stuff since the 90's, my 1st coupla 3d pgms weren't mouse capable (on the Amiga
if anybody knows what that was).

Anyway I've made many 3d models but a lot of them have been architectural in nature, and a lot of spaceships.

Here are some pictures, I'd like comments as I'm going to try to make a living as an Architectural Visualizer.

And 2 youtube anims,

arch anim,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMffju1hoik

and a sci-fi anim,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjviexj2Ito&feature=youtu.be

If you want to comment privately my email address is listed in my profile.

Thank you.

Re: Critique Wanted by KamuiR(m): 10:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
No comments ?

Re: Critique Wanted by cgniyi(m): 3:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
Wow, 60+?
I hope I still have a passion for 3d when I reach that age.
Amiga? - so the legends are true? smiley

As you may or may not have noticed , photorealism is a trend with 3d renders these days. So compared to what most of us are used to seeing, your arch renders look really dated undecided
What program did you use?

I really loved the videos though. They look way better, far more interesting.

Overall, just invest more on your rendering , you should be okay.
Re: Critique Wanted by KamuiR(m): 12:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Thank you for the comments, in what way do they look dated ?

I greatly enjoy the arch renders here on Nairaland, I have collected probably 200 or so, as well as a lot from some american arch houses. The housing designs are my own, I make no claim to be an architect.

If someone has a floor plan or ideas, I'd be happy to look at it (them) and maybe make a model and do renderings.

What is it true about the Amiga ? One of the reasons I got one was for the electronics on the motherboard, the co-processors was an innovative idea that should have been expanded on.

Again, thank you.
Re: Critique Wanted by MontyNG(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hello KamuiR,

Nice designs! And I like all the experience and passion you have for 3D, especially with focus on archi stuff!

I'll like to take you up on your offer of creating a 3D model from a floor plan (and elevation) of an archi design.
And if you don't mind also, will you be able to do some designs for me?

A bit about me! I run a "small" 3D printing service company here in lagos. And I do get the occasional requests from clients to "design" their idea.

I only have limited design skill and mostly, I can manage to design and print what the client wants but this on some occasions, have taken considerable amount of time mostly because I am learning on the fly and sometimes, the quality of the design is maybe not as high as I want! And unfortunately (or fortunately) the quality of the print greatly depends on the quality of the design!

So far, it's been ok but I now require the services of an adhoc designer.

Will you be happy if I pass design ideas/briefs, (floor plan and elevation for archi stuff) to you for designing as needed? And how much will you charge for this service?
If you're still based in the states, I will be able to pay you via paypal.

Guess what was meant by the renders looking dated is that it does look cartoonish! Most renders you see nowadays are photorealistic with some crazy reflections and shadings going on! Not applicable with 3D printing tho! However, there are a few design rules to keep in mind when designing for 3D printing like minimum wall thicknesses and overhangs but I guess we can go through all that later!

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you!
Re: Critique Wanted by ghostofsparta(m): 2:21am On Jul 24, 2015
KamuiR:
Opinions please,

My name is Robert, I'm an American, born & raised in New York City, being 60 + years old
I lived through the last part of the cold war (and the Anti-Apartheid/SWAPO/Thomas Sankara era).

I've been doing 3d stuff since the 90's, my 1st coupla 3d pgms weren't mouse capable (on the Amiga
if anybody knows what that was).

Anyway I've made many 3d models but a lot of them have been architectural in nature, and a lot of spaceships.

Here are some pictures, I'd like comments as I'm going to try to make a living as an Architectural Visualizer.

And 2 youtube anims,

arch anim,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMffju1hoik

and a sci-fi anim,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjviexj2Ito&feature=youtu.be

If you want to comment privately my email address is listed in my profile.

Thank you.

Hi Robert, Seeing this thread and I'm like WOAH!!! where the heck have I been, checking it all over again just to see if this thread is really for REAL. I am excited my man for this. I mean I'm the guy you need right here, the missing part of your puzzle or so I hope. Anyway, I am so glad I eventually get to meet someone on NL who knows about the good old Amiga computers which present status is 'extinct' collectors item. Pardon my fronting, let me introduce meself. I am Amos Nonyu by pseudonym but you can address me as YAS and I was born into the world of Amigas, as I spend the all my teenage years sleeping and waking with all sorts of Amiga computers from A1500 running Workbench 1.3 to A4000Tower running Workbench 3.1 with 6880060 accelerator card equipped into it daughter board, MUI/MagicWB by Stefan Stuntz etc, as a matter of the fact before I knew or have anything to do with Wintel PC I wrestled, ate, chew, regurgitated, sweat and breathe Amigas. At age 14 I realized the Amiga had certain advantages over the then PC computers from the fact that the Amiga floppy disk drive technology can store more capacity than that of the then PCs at 1.44mb (high density) and 880kb (low-desnity) compared to the then PCs 720kb at low-density, I knew the Amiga computer was the first computer to launch a processor with the 32bit architecture (Motorola) as regarding the A1200. I knew almost all the devices, accessories and add-ons available to the Amiga from the 80s to the period when Commodore went bankrupt and sold it to Escrom. I could operate, configure and install all Amiga models. I knew and self-taught myself many of the devices used on the Amiga computers - from their Genlocks (Rendale, G-Locks, Hama etc), TV-Modulators (A500), Accelerator cards (GVP G-Force), Digitizers, Sound cap (TecnoSound etc), I knew about the Video Toaster (great machine) and uptill now still can't forget the pretty face of Kiki Stockhammer at the back of those magazines. Yeah I read lots and lots of Amiga magazines back in those days such as Amiga Format, Amiga User, Amiga Power, Amiga World (US publication), I got fascinated about 2D animation at a very early age in my life, I can still recall watching and studying those 2D animations done by the great 2D animator Eric Shwartz from Germany. There was thousands of a domain disks all over the house. I could go on and on pouring my years of Amiga experience but aside from knowing how to configure, troubleshoot, assemble, deconstruct, install OS on Amigas systems let me state the Amiga softwares I could use back then as I only developed myself on 2D animation techniques. sp=super proficient, tae=to an vl=very little extent. I could use Deluxe Paint III, IV and V(sp), FantaVision (tae), TV-TextPro(sp), all the Scala titling softwares (sp), Broadcast Titler II (sp), Imagine (vl), Cool3D (vl) Scenery Animator (tae), Photogenics (tae), ImageFX (sp), Bars and Pipe (toe), ....as for 3D I had passion but didn't nurture it as I was really given to 2D animations, I was given the original box copy of LightWave 3D which I hadn't the time to learn. I wonder what you used for 3D modeling on the Amiga as I can see those scenes are of low-polygons.
Re: Critique Wanted by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 24, 2015
I love this!

Keep up the good work sir!

(1) (Reply)

Photography Training (for Residents Outside Lagos); FREE Accomodation & Feeding! / My Ballpoint Pen Sketch Of Mahatma Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi / I Have No Interview Experience As A Graphic Designer, Pls Tell Me What To Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.