Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari (4365 Views)

Militant Leader, Ossy Ibori Killed In Ondo (Graphic Photos) / Ateke Tom's Daughter Weds In Okirika, Rivers State..photos / Militant Leader And His Commanders Killed In Rivers (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by uptoHim(m): 10:33am On Apr 13, 2015
Ex-militant and leader of the Niger Delta Vigilante (NDV), Ateke Tom, has said former militant leaders in the Niger Delta region are ready to work with the President-Elect, General Muhammadu Buhari.

Ateke, who disclosed this while speaking in pidgin english to newsmen at Okochiri in Rivers State, urged Gen. Buhari to invite leaders of genuine militant camps to discuss on how to move the region forward.

In his words, “I am here to congratulate Buhari for his victory. We will want good leadership; we thank God that Buhari is now our President and we pray God Almighty to give him wisdom to rule our country. Since Buhari is now our President, we want him to meet with the core leaders of the Niger Delta struggle; I mean the real leaders in the struggle.

“He should call the real leaders and talk to them. Let us discuss on our needs. He should also not forget the Amnesty Programme, because we know what we fought for and that was why they gave us Amnesty. We did not get the Amnesty Programme from the backyard. So, let him keep to the programme. Let the Amnesty Programme function well and we will like it. We are ready to work with Buhari.”

The former militant leader said none of the former agitators in the region will go back to the creeks.

Ateke said, “Some people are saying they want to go back to the creek, or they want to blow up pipelines; no, I, Ateke Tom will not be part of that, we don’t need all those things and nobody will go back to the creeks. I have a say in the Niger Delta and I am one of the top fighters; so nobody will go back to the creeks. I advice the youths not to follow anybody back to the creeks.

“We should not say because there is change of government and Buhari is now the President, and somebody wants to go back to the creeks; what are you going there to do? So, let nobody follow anybody to the creeks. What we want is that let Buhari meet us and treat us well.”

http://naijaurbanonline.com/niger-delta-militant-leader-ateke-message-buhari/buhari-ateke-tom-naijaurbanonline/

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by NujiPress(f): 10:38am On Apr 13, 2015
Part of the revolutionary change. only if u can keep to ur words.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by kodded(m): 10:38am On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 13, 2015
Nigeria militants sha, na wa .. See demands everywhere, I'm not sure buhari will listen sha cos there must be a government that should give orders not to given orders

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by clevvermind(m): 10:44am On Apr 13, 2015
buhari should better behave or face serious problem from the creek. time for me to enjoy. we own the oil. buhari should respect us.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 13, 2015
One of my displeasure with Jonathan's government was the elevation of militants above law abiding citizens. Gen Buhari should revisit the Amnesty program but remodel it to Niger Delta empowerment program so as to capture every Niger Delta citizen and not just the so called militants. He should scrap the policy of making payment to anybody but engage people in trainings and skills acquisition that are relevant to the development of the region. I believe Jonathan/Yaradua amnesty package did not truly address pertinent issues. However, the long term solution is true federalism and resource control(I hope I'm not misunderstood)

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 13, 2015
barcanista:
One of my displeasure with Jonathan's government was the elevation of militants above law abiding citizens. Gen Buhari should revisit the Amnesty program but remodel it to Niger Delta empowerment program so as to capture every Niger Delta citizen and not just the so called militants. He should scrap the policy of making payment to anybody but engage people in trainings and skills acquisition that are relevant to the development of the region. I believe Jonathan/Yaradua amnesty package did not truly address pertinent issues. However, the long term solution is true federalism and resource control(I hope I'm not misunderstood)

I think the whole amnesty idea was a mistake on the part of Yar'adua (of blessed memory). The question is for how long will the FG continue to splash money on the militants? What I believe is needed in the Niger Delta is very meaningful development that will be visible for all to see. I aslo think the people of the Niger Delta should demand more from their leaders, they receive so much yet have little to show for all they get.

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by dunkem21(m): 11:04am On Apr 13, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

I think the whole amnesty idea was a mistake on the part of Yar'adua (of blessed memory). The question is for how long will the FG continue to splash money on the militants? What I believe is needed in the Niger Delta is very meaningful development that will be visible for all to see. I aslo think the people of the Niger Delta should demand more from their leaders, they receive so much yet have little to show for all they get.

For me, it is a case of giving Caesar what is due to him. Meaningful development can be also done to alongside amnesty programme for the meantime.

There is huge difference between the BH and ND militants. The latter's attack have a huge crippling effect on our economy and country. I just hope am understood.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 13, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

the era of free reign of our political leaders in the Niger Delta is over! We need meaningful development and systematic change.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by theV0ice: 11:08am On Apr 13, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

i agree fully with this.
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2015
dunkem21:

For me, it is a case of giving Caesar what is due to him. Meaningful development can be also done to alongside amnesty programme for the meantime.

There is huge difference between the BH and ND militants. The latter's attack have a huge crippling effect on our economy and country. I just hope am understood.

Giving Caesar what is due to him will be by massively developing the region not splashing money on militants.

Truly there is no basis for comparison between the ND militants and BH. Anyone trying to argue otherwise should be checked into Yaba left before it is too late for such an one.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by sammyj: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2015
Great coming from the former militant, Dokubo should emulate this man or die in jail !!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by ikeyman00(m): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2015
@@@

most of then are thieves and are not freedom fighters

we shall see

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by seunfly: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2015
Good for us, I wish the General a good luck working with them and he should not deny them their right.
For those who cry more than the bereaved nah you know.
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by bokohalal(m): 11:31am On Apr 13, 2015
The amnesty Programme should be scrapped forthwith and in its place a development program that is civil service based and free from the clutches of politicians should be set up. Doling huge sums of money to selected miscreants is never going to develop the Niger Delta. The creek warriors fought for themselves only.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by hillsate: 11:33am On Apr 13, 2015
clevvermind:
buhari should better behave or face serious problem from the creek. time for me to enjoy. we own the oil. buhari should respect us.

Buhari is not a weakling. You guys better behave. It was corruption that led to your agitation, where you had to deal directly with the presidency. Your leaders were corrupt that's why. Derivation funds were pocketed and diverted by your leaders. You were able to access weapons because of corruption in the system. Most of your fighters were underpaid soldiers due to corruption.

We will be clearing that corruption and your derivation funds will be used for the right purposes. There will be no need for amnesty program.
You guys should better get ready to behave of you face the force of our collective will. Be warned.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by seunfly: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2015
barcanista:

What I want is real development of nigerdelta, what we have right now is empowerment of few to the detriment of other. I wish FG can partner with each state government in Nigerdelta region. It should be a joint venture where federal government, state government and oil and gas industries will contribute certain percentage of their income to provide basic amenities and improve the standard of living of everybody in the delta.

Right now all we have make Mr A rich scheme at the end of the day, Mr A lives in Abuja, has investments in Ghana and treathen in the nigerdelta when ever he sees his make rich scheme being taken away from him.
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by ikeyman00(m): 11:41am On Apr 13, 2015
@@@

seunfly: 11:30am

Good for us, I wish the General a good luck working with them and he should not deny them their right.
For those who cry more than the bereaved nah you know

yes u dnt need to tell us as we already know; the only reason the yorubas are slaving for the mallam is about oil

now u even admit it!
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 13, 2015
seunfly:

What I want is real development of nigerdelta, what we have right now is empowerment of few to the detriment of other. I wish FG can partner with each state government in Nigerdelta region. It should be a joint venture where federal governme
I think the objective of NDDC (an intervention Agency) should be redefined. Development is not about roads, we need serious human development in the region. Partnering the FG may lead to unnecessary bickering and politics(if you know what I mean). What we MUST push for is true federalism. The FG and the States should pursue their respective programs for the development of the region. Time to hold people accountable is here
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 13, 2015
HOW TO GET RICH PLAN (GEJ GOVERNMENT)
1. Be a woman Or man from the ND
2. Be aggrieved
3. Form a group no matter the name you come up with make sure NIGER DELTA is in it
4. Buy guns and ammunition
5. Start committing crimes under the guise of "trying to make the government take care of my people"
6: Take innocent lives and destroy property just to send a "message"
7: Get a Twitter and Facebook account

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by seunfly: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2015
barcanista:
I think the objective of NDDC (an intervention Agency) should be redefined. Development is not about roads, we need serious human development in the region. Partnering the FG may lead to unnecessary bickering and politics(if you know what I mean). What we MUST push for is true federalism. The FG and the States should pursue their respective programs for the development of the region. Time to hold people accountable is here

About that true federalism, I think that was one of those thing APC battled PDP and co for during the national confab and I wish they can do it now that they are at the mainstream. Honestly I thought that is what Jonathan will push for when he was first elected, rather he went for second term and I said it on this forum in 2012 that his two terms will come and go without any legacy for his people. I argued with sincerenigerian his official nairaland spokeperson @ that time, that what is he going to benefit from his second term agenda that is greater than constitution reform he was working on in 2012. I said it is better he channels is energy and presidential power to reform constitution for the favour of his people but some thieves around him convinced him otherwise.

Some time your friend may not be the ones that are fighting for you but the ones that are fighting you.

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:54am On Apr 13, 2015
dunkem21:

what forward thinking country actually does that?/na only Nigeria get oil?
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by dunkem21(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
what forward thinking country actually does that?/na only Nigeria get oil?

What do you suggest?
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
seunfly:

About that true federalism, I think that was one of those thing APC battled PDP and co for during the national confab and I wish they can do it now that they are at the mainstream. Honestly I thought that is what Jonathan will push for when he was first elected, rather he went for second term and I said it on this forum in 2012 that his two term will come and go without any legacy for people. I argue d with sincerenigerian his official nairaland spokepersson @ that time that what is he going to benefit from his second term agenda that is greater than constitution reform he was working on in 2012. I said it is better he channels is energy and presidential power to reform constitution for the favour his people but some thrives around him convince him otherwise.
Let me be very honest with you, my anger for Jonathan knew no bound when I saw that he was maintaining status quo since 2011. I had expected him to focus on getting the PIB passed and institute an Executive bill to the NASS that will pave way for a true Sovereign National Conference, with secession out of the equation. I had also expected him to review the amnesty program and I have never hidden my displeasure of enriching few militants at the expense of the majority in the Delta. Well, he started waking up when he saw that the cabals were keen on getting him out. His Conference was a welcome development but he bluffed by not putting legal framework in place before its commencement. The APC is now the government-elect, the call for true Federalism must be pursued because it is seriously hindering our development as a people. True Federalism will encourage creative leadership and not lazy puppets.
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by kheart(m): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
If dis militants thinks buhari go dey give them money and impunity dey need to go and ve their heads examine.
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Omololu007(m): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2015
clevvermind:
hahahaha see dis coward rantin and barkin dat if GEJ lose d election,dey will return to d creek,now he don change him song.amnesty will end dis year,u should return to d creek if u r not satisfy grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by BabaEleko(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
book
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by BabaEleko(m): 12:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
Mumu boy. We'll cancel your pipeline deal and let the security agencies we pay do their legitimate job. Ateke will most likely end up in the same jail with other PDP cronies. Maybe he'll be the gate keeper since he has a good protective instinct.
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Omololu007(m): 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
NujiPress:
Part of the revolutionary change. only if u can keep to ur words.
what revolutionary are u talkin about.amnesty will end dis year,if u ijaws lik mak una return to d creek,wot happened in odi in 1999 will b lik a childs play
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Omololu007(m): 12:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
seunfly:

What I want is real development of nigerdelta, what we have right now is empowerment of few to the detriment of other. I wish FG can partner with each state government in Nigerdelta region. It should be a joint venture where federal government, state government and oil and gas industries will contribute certain percentage of their income to provide basic amenities and improve the standard of living of everybody in the delta.

Right now all we have make Mr A rich scheme at the end of the day, Mr A lives in Abuja, has investments in Ghana and treathen in the nigerdelta when ever he sees his make rich scheme being taken away from him.
with all d bilions delta,bayelsa,rivers and akwa ibom are receivin,u want more no way.amnesty should b scrap,ur state govt are recievin monthly allocation,we also hav Niger delta ministry dey are receivin bilions of naira,hold dem responsible not d federal govt n u askin for amnesty again.u and ur pple can blow up all d pipeline in ur creeks if u don't lik dat
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Chai! Gay!!! Give him 14 years straight. GMB doesn't need any 'massage'. Eww!
Re: Niger Delta Militant Leader Ateke, Has A Massage For Buhari by clevvermind(m): 1:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
Omololu007:
hahahaha see dis coward rantin and barkin dat if GEJ lose d election,dey will return to d creek,now he don change him song.amnesty will end dis year,u should return to d creek if u r not satisfy grin
mumu. buhari must do what we want. he can't do otherwise. we would control him.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Deputy Senate President Ovie Omo-agege Breaks Records / We' re Launching "Operation Mpiawazu Ade" To Counter Evil Zombies( salary invol / Ooni Of Ife Blast Inec Chairman Mahmood Yakubu For Declaring Tinubu As The Winne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.