Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,682 members, 7,955,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:27 AM

The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? (1014 Views)

Driver Lies Under His Bus As VIO Officials Try To Impound His Car (photos) / It Is 15min Long But Will Not Remain Same Person After Watching It. I Assure You / Throwback 1999: NIGERIA: Northern Group Begins Self-defence Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by omicron(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2015
We have just completed the 360th degree.

The more we change the more we seem to remain the same.

Most, if not all governors and officials elected on the platform of APC were formerly of the PDP. Are we really changing positively as a people, or are our politicians just changing there parties? If we are changing as a people or nation, do we really owe the positive changes to the change of political parties by the politicians?

Great leaders have always emerged since 1999, irrespective of political parties, leaders with vision and loved by all -The Donald Dukes, the Fasholas, the Chimes, The Obis, the Kwankwasos. Are they made by the Party or do they make the Party.

A look into the APC of today reminds me of the PDP of 1999 - The Atikus, the Obasanjos, the Masaris, the Tambuwals, the Ortoms, the Sarikis, the Okorochas....

Are we really back to square one? Are we doing a 180 or the 360? A food for thought for all. The citizens must eschew party fanatism and hold their leaders accountable irrespective of the party they may belong. The leaders must separate governance from politics too.

Respect to Buhari and Tinubu, by the way. One would think they are the only ones driven by anything with a semblance of 'change'. I admire their political self-esteem since 1999 till date. Since both are unarguably the most important persons of the 'changed' government, I sincerely hope Nigeria will truly witness the desired positive changes and by so doing actualise her immeasurble potentials.

2 Likes

Re: The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 11:37am On Apr 13, 2015
grin
Re: The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by jamex93(m): 11:41am On Apr 13, 2015
that's good
Re: The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 13, 2015
Its really surprising, this is democracy by the people based on the party for their benefit. Any way we have four yours to see what is the definition of change as defined in Nigerian political dictionary.
Re: The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 13, 2015
Talk about OLD wines in NEW Bottles. PDP just added 2 principal misfits in the names of Buhari and Tinubu and changed its name to APC. hahahahahaha APC = toxic PDP.
Re: The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by stanech: 11:57am On Apr 13, 2015
APC will be the worst thing to happen to Nigeria u will see
Re: The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by Sweetguy25: 11:59am On Apr 13, 2015
Its impossible for positive change to come to Nigeria under the current socio-political and governmental arrangements. Nigerians will get tired of Buhari's government in just two years. Thats a promise.
Re: The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by dulux07(m): 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Your jst been clouded by ur hate for apc, i mean, this guys ve not even been sworn in, n u vee started critizin n condemnin, judge them after 4yrs, if they perform, they will remain, n if they dont, bye bye. U guys should jst accept defeat n move on, d major thing is moving nigeria 4ward.
Re: The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by dulux07(m): 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
Your jst been clouded by ur hate for apc, i mean, this guys ve not even been sworn in, n u vee started critizin, judge them after 4yrs, if they perform, they will remain, n if they dont, bye bye. U guys should jst accept defeat n move on, d major thing is moving nigeria 4ward.
Your jst been clouded by ur hate for apc, i mean, this guys ve not even been sworn in, n u vee started critizin n condemnin, judge them after 4yrs, if they perform, they will remain, n if they dont, bye bye. U guys should jst accept defeat n move on, d major thing is moving nigeria 4ward.
Re: The More We Try To Change, The More We Remain Same. Welcme Back To 1999 Nigeria? by omicron(m): 12:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
dulux07:
You should know I am not partisan cos I havent seen the different ideologies upon which any Nigerian party is built. However, waitin every 4 years to vote out is more like going round in circles. And what if by 2019 we do not even have real power to vote out, at least as we have now? I remember in 1999 it was only a daydream to vote out incumbents...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Governor-elect In Niger State,to Be Sworn In By His Mother-in-law On May 29 / The Profession That Best Suit GEJ After May 29th! / Nigeria Joins League Of Biotechnology Nations, As President Signs Biosafety Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.