Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model (1587 Views)

Mazda 626 1997 Vs Nissan Primera 1994. Advice Pls / Honda Vs Volkswagen Vs Nissan ( Nigeria Use) / Toyota Vs. Honda Vs. Volkswagen Vs. Nissan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by seriousthing(m): 6:03pm On Apr 13, 2015
please I need your urgent advice on the above cars as per cost of maintenance and availability of spare parts.
I ran into an old school mate who works with one of universities in Nigeria last week and he told me that his university is selling off some of her used cars. I made a deposit for Toyota corolla but only for him to call me yesterday that someone had deposited before me. therefore I am to choose between any of the above cars as the deposit is non refundable. I can buy and resell if I so wish.
so advice me on the one to choose. both cars are in sound condition
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by ogawisdom(m): 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2015
Close one but toyota 4runner is ahead by every criterium of comparism. Nissan produced a rugged suv in xterra but dnt try comparing it to 4runner.

D fact u r tinking of reselling makes 4runner d clear choice bc naija will fight to buy it off u knowing its a toyota machine tongue, they may nt rush a used xterra d same way
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by seriousthing(m): 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2015
thanks ogawisdom. I don't intend to sell it. I am actually looking at cost of maintenance
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by Marpol: 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
Go for the Toyota 4runner. It is more rugged. Don't know about maintenance of 4runner. But xterra is relatively cheap to maintain.
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by sultaan(m): 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2015
Are you sure no n be 319 your day do.

Why not deposit money with the university instead of your friend
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by seriousthing(m): 6:18am On Apr 14, 2015
sultaan:
Are you sure no n be 319 your day do.

Why not deposit money with the university instead of your friend
sultaan.
I made my deposit in the university's account with zenith Bank and if any car is allocated to you, you will still proceed to the same bank and make the final payment before handing you over the vehicle. so there is nothing like 419 here. anyway thanks for your concern
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by seriousthing(m): 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2015
pls I still need someone to convince my on any these cars. I am picking any of them tomorrow
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by sultaan(m): 4:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
4runner is a better deal if they cost the same, and even if it cost a little more.
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by igomen: 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
Maintenance wise: Go for Xterra
Fuel economy: Go for Xterra
Status symbol: Go for 4Runner
Durability: Toyota shines but your maintenance habit will determine how durable and reliable your car will be.
Ruggedness: Both were built with off road ability
Parts availability: Both have parts everywhere to the last bolt.
Final decision: Yours to make.
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by sultaan(m): 4:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
igomen:
Durability: Toyota shines but your maintenance habit will determine how durable and reliable your car will be.

Actually 4runner has a better fuel economy than the xterra in city otherwise same

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2000_Nissan_Xterra.shtml

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/1999_Toyota_4Runner.shtml
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2015
igomen:

undecided
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by igomen: 5:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
sultaan:

Actually 4runner has a better fuel economy than the xterra in city otherwise same

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2000_Nissan_Xterra.shtml

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/1999_Toyota_4Runner.shtml
Thanks sultaan, though the model year was not given, comparisons should be the same year and drive type.
From my experience in driving both cars I found the Xterra had a slightly better fuel economy and they were both 2004 models.
Re: Toyota 4 Runner Vs Nissan Xterra All 1999 Model by sultaan(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
igomen:

Thanks sultaan, though the model year was not given, comparisons should be the same year and drive type.
From my experience in driving both cars I found the Xterra had a slightly better fuel economy and they were both 2004 models.

Unfortunately the EPA still says they are the same

What you experienced is the same reason people say Japanese cars are more efficient.If you can only believe you will see it

(1) (Reply)

A Guide To Perfect Driving Position (Photos and Video) / Top 4 Toyota Car Models In Nigeria And Their Prices / The Enhanced National Drivers License In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.