Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,435 members, 7,861,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki (612 Views)

APC Must Win Ondo Governorship Election – Tinubu / I Feel Your Pains And I Will Not Disappoint You, Buhari Tells Nigerians / "As The Guardian Newspaper Has Done, APC Must Apologise For Lying" - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki by gingger(m): 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
A former Governor of Kwara State, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has said the President-elect, Maj Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), and the All Progressives Congress should provide quality governance that will satisfy the yearnings and expectations of the electorate.

He says this is the only way for the party to avoid the defeat or rejection by the electorate in future elections.

Saraki, during a media briefing in Ilorin, the Kwara State capital on Monday, however, assured Nigerians that APC would bring a new chapter in purposeful governance and delivery of dividends of democracy to the people.

Decrying what he described as “PDP misrule” for 16 years, he assured Nigerians that the incoming APC government would not fail them.

He said, “We have the mess to clean up. Expectations are very high. All the people that have gone around shouting ‘Change,’ ‘Sai Buhari,’ ‘Sai APC,’ they are expecting immediate result and we must have the people that will hit the ground and be able to perform.

“The issue is to balance the political expectations of people, who have voted for a political party to win and also for performance. It is clear that with the kind of the mandate that we have been given, we must ensure that we perform and succeed so that we do not reach the problem of PDP, that after a few years, electorate will vote us out.

“The disadvantage that we have is that in the time of PDP, people did not have the voice or the ability to vote, so you could afford with non-performance to stay in office but now it is different. So the pressure on us is even more for us to perform.”

He urged Buhari to focus on his campaign promises of addressing corruption, insecurity, and job provision for the youths.

Saraki added that the incoming government should curtail insurgency in the North-East part of Nigeria and restore credibility and belief in the military

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-apc-must-not-disappoint-nigerians-saraki/
Re: Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki by seunfly: 7:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
Yes, their booting go big pass PDP if they misbehave.
Re: Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki by Nonybb: 7:08pm On Apr 13, 2015
I HATE APC WITH PASSION
Re: Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki by ozoigbondu: 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
I hate hypocrites
Re: Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki by skykenny: 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
Buhari will be that last person to disappoint Nigerians. I can bet it with my adorable wife. He is ever ready to show nigerians what good governance is all about before joining his ancestors.
Re: Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki by ManUtdholic: 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
Who they talk?
Saraki of all pple talking about performance

Yeye dey smell

May God deliver ilorin
Re: Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki by abduljabbar4(m): 7:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
Yes ooo they must not dissappoint but those illiterates in Badarawa, Unguwan dosa etc that are celebrating El rufa'I's victory will be homeless. So many unauthorized buildings in Kadunagrin

I'm sure Buhari will not dissappoint.
Click like if I'm lying
Click share if I'm saying the truth

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki by aare07(m): 7:21pm On Apr 13, 2015
People's senator
Incoming Senate President is speaking for us
Re: Buhari, APC Must Not Disappoint Nigerians – Saraki by macpetrus(m): 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2015
Buhari will not but APC will dissappoint Nigerian... I don't expect anything from this present Government becos they are hungry lion fighting for Power!!!!

(1) (Reply)

We Can’t Cancel Rivers, Akwa Ibom Results – INEC / Jimi Agbaje Gives Up On Politics'i’m Not Running Again,i Have Failed Twice / Soldiers Collecting Bribes At Toll Gate Along Lagos Abeokuta Express Rd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.