Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo (28036 Views)

List Of Names Of God In Igbo And Hausa Languages. / Pastor Chris Oyakilome DID NOT Ban Singer , Sinach From Singing In His Church / Pastor Chris Oyakilome Allegedly Bans Singer, Sinach From Singing In His Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by Nobody: 9:31am On May 10, 2015
Am patiently waiting for the mango heads to infiltrate this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by safarigirl(f): 9:32am On May 10, 2015
PAINGAIN:
what's wit this ur catholic this catholic that? When it comes to hymns biko give it to d anglicans. Stop oburubeing abeg.
Lies told from the pit of hell. Which Anglicans? Ask ANYBODY on this earth and they'll teel you, the Catholic church does hymns best.

I've been to both churches, even Redeem choir is better than Anglican choir. Don't hate, appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by finamaris(f): 9:32am On May 10, 2015
DIVINE78:
Good but I think the Yoruba language,literature and music still remains the foremost in Africa.
There are Germans playing gangan a Yoruba percussion instrument, Titilayo oyibo e.t.c.
God bless the Yorubaland.
Yoruba my motherland.
we r talking about Igbo here not yoruba. Wait until der is something abt yoruba then u can comment

6 Likes

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by johnydon22(m): 9:36am On May 10, 2015
OgagaMic:

yesterday it was Yoruba today na Igbo, , na only Yoruba and Igbo dey naija ?... seun do d needful

God bless Nigeria, God bless SS, God Bless Urhobo

[size=20] Urhobo is wonderfully beautiful, SS is beautiful and great.. you guys are the best... i love you guys.. [/size]
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by rhames(m): 9:53am On May 10, 2015
bigfrancis21:
1) Swedish Choir Singing Christmas Hymn in Igbo: Amuworo Ayi otu nwa

'For unto us a child is born' catholic hymn was flawlessly rendered by a Swedish choir in Igbo language - Amuworo ayi otu nwa.

The intonations and pronunciations were excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73n-XaXQGFM&feature=share

The choir, Viavitae.

[img]http://www.viavitae.no/bilder/vaasa1-copy.jpg[/img]

Rendered fast here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_saGaTs45ws

Big ups to the oyibos singing in Igbo perfectly!

The lyrics goes thus:

Amuworo ayi otu nwa - unto us a child is born
Otu nwa nwoke ka e nyeworo ayi - a male child that was given unto us
Chineke, Chineke - God the creator, God the creator
Otu nwa ka e nyeworo ayi - a child that was given unto us.

Anything is possible!

Location of Sweden:

And our church leaders and choir masters sing with the mastery of not only the Queen's English as if its their mother tongue. grin
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by r33d(m): 9:56am On May 10, 2015
Couldn't help but reply to this one. I would say this is a wonderful rendition and praise.
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by Nobody: 9:56am On May 10, 2015
i swerrigad this people are perfect in the language,no accent defection, no flaw. that's essence of hard work
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by CyberWolf: 10:02am On May 10, 2015
grin grin grin ..WOW..This is awesome..Mehnn.. cheesy grin
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by mmsen: 10:11am On May 10, 2015
You people are like children, forever looking for external approval and then you wonder why the rest of the world has no regard for you.

So many of you have no regard for those with no self-confidence and self-reliance in your own society but you display the same feeble traits on a global setting and expect to be treated with respect.

3 Likes

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by FreeGlobe(f): 10:11am On May 10, 2015
fantastic
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by dammytosh: 10:17am On May 10, 2015
Wislet:
Igbos can never be called anonymous.
Take the hatred elsewhere, ok? No one mentioned Soyinka's name HERE. But if you feel strongly on being his bodyguard, you could make an application to him personally.

This thread is not for hate.

Before you fan your tribal flame again. At no point did i call IGBO ANONYMOUS.

No hatred and no need to hate. I have Igbo folks around me and we are cool.

The difference is that they don't stoop low to argue the obvious just because they are from another tribe or trying to prove superiority of their tribe.

Get that into your head.
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by rufychuks: 10:24am On May 10, 2015
Lovely rendition! Nothing beats a song by a choir.
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by xmich(m): 10:24am On May 10, 2015
An2elect2:

what is so special about that. Don't we all speak a foreign language here? English. Do English people get excited over that?

Dont you know that most countries that speak English have their local dialect which you cant understandso if you want to know what so special about that you can go and learn theirs and challenge them with it by singing or communicate them with it and see how amaze they will be,
i mean they will give you a very worm huge
try it and thank me later.

you can join us in celebrating them because its not easy even my brothers from upper naija can not do that

1 Like

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by dammytosh: 10:25am On May 10, 2015
safarigirl:
your hypocrisy is astonishing.

If someone posts something on Chinua Achebe, it will also be easy to know where the negative tribalistic comments will come from. So what's your point?v

Instead of you to applaud the efforts of those people, you're here whining like a malnourished toddler.

Or did the Swedes and Italians also colonise you? This is even a more laudable effort because these people, unlike the Brits, have no ties to Nigeria whatsoever and Nigerians don't even use their language.

Stop being a sour puss

You can read my posts and fish out where I ever disrespect anybody because of their tribal back ground.

And before you jump for your tribal filled "LIKES" on Naira land. Read the post I quoted.

The bolded shows you are a tribal bigot with unnecessary sense of superiority. It is really more laudable. grin grin

N:B I mentioned Wole Soyinka because he has been the target of attack recently up till a post which says he is to be nominated ad Professor of Poetry.

Only a f00l will ridicule Chinua Achebe for any reason cos this are icon who lived when our Grand Parents lived and had their mark.

You don't have to be from India before you agree that Ghandi is great.
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by gudluckgreat(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2015
An2elect2:
undecided so what?

So your stinking ass angry

1 Like

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by safarigirl(f): 10:35am On May 10, 2015
dammytosh:

You can read my posts and fish out where I ever disrespect anybody because of their tribal back ground.

And before you jump for your tribal filled "LIKES" on Naira land. Read the post I quoted.

The bolded shows you are a tribal bigot with unnecessary sense of superiority. It is really more laudable. grin grin

N:B I mentioned Wole Soyinka because he has been the target of attack recently up till a post which says he is to be nominated ad Professor of Poetry.

Only a f00l will ridicule Chinua Achebe for any reason cos this are icon who lived when our Grand Parents lived and had their mark.

You don't have to be from India before you agree that Ghandi is great.
of course soyinka has been attacked because he allegedly attacked a people. Do you expect the said people to clap for him?

When Chinua Achebe attacked a people, I remember vividly, that even at his death, he was still being attacked by said people. That accusation holds no water and is as baseless as the rest of what you state here.

Your bad belle is what is stopping you from applauding the efforts of these people and even you are a tribal bigot. You could have just ignored this thread if you knew you wouldn't like what you would see.

It is petty to come here and downplay their efforts simply because it is in honour of a people you wish never co-existed with you. Stop being a sourpuss

Have a nice day

7 Likes

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by pazienza(m): 10:35am On May 10, 2015
Bigfrancis1, thanks for this thread, it just made my day.

2 Likes

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by An2elect2(f): 10:38am On May 10, 2015
xmich:

Dont you know that most countries that speak English have their local dialect which you cant understandso if you want to know what so special about that you can go and learn theirs and challenge them with it by singing or communicate them with it and see how amaze they will be,
i mean they will give you a very worm huge
try it and thank me later.

you can john us in celebrating them because its not easy even my brothers from upper naija can not do that

l see. Peeps here are all of a sudden proud of their language because some white foreigners sang in it. You can't get my drift?
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by An2elect2(f): 10:41am On May 10, 2015
gudluckgreat:

So your stinking ass angry
not your fault.
cheap data.
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by gudluckgreat(m): 10:42am On May 10, 2015
An2elect2:

not your fault.

cheap data.

Lol. And yours is expensive?
Why can't you pretend to have sense?

1 Like

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by dammytosh: 10:42am On May 10, 2015
safarigirl:
of course soyinka has been attacked because he allegedly attacked a people. Do you expect the said people to clap for him?

When Chinua Achebe attacked a people, I remember vividly, that even at his death, he was still being attacked by said people. That accusation holds no water and is as baseless as the rest of what you state here.

Your bad belle is what is stopping you from applauding the efforts of these people and even you are a tribal bigot. You could have just ignored this thread if you knew you wouldn't like what you would see.

It is petty to come here and downplay their efforts simply because it is in honour of a people you wish never co-existed with you. Stop being a sourpuss

Have a nice day

To the bolded, i saw the one posted yesterday downloaded it and appreciated people using another person's language to sing. I saw this too and I did the same. I don't have to comment on it.

What the poster I quoted emphasized on was what I replied on. That looking for an Igbo Song in response to a Yoruba song yesterday is a bad omen and signals childish and ridiculous rivalry between the two tribes especially on Nairaland.

If you follow the trends, you will see that he has a point.

I can't be caught dead or alive generalizing about a tribe because I am too exposed for that ridiculous thinking.
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by An2elect2(f): 10:45am On May 10, 2015
gudluckgreat:

Lol. And yours is expensive? Why can't you pretend to have sense?
You hv bn noticed. What else ?
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by Juzzybabe(f): 10:49am On May 10, 2015
Beautiful!!!
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by Nobody: 11:10am On May 10, 2015
PROUDLY PARTLY IGBO... how I wish my igbo language was fluent.... btw,i just observed that some lady CHOIR members were on trousers, but when I wear trouser to church here some people complain,,anyway next Sunday is another day..

1 Like

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by Nobody: 11:12am On May 10, 2015
yorubas opened a similar thread yesterday...
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by Nobody: 11:23am On May 10, 2015
The diick wagging continues...
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by Nobody: 11:50am On May 10, 2015
johnydon22:
Dang.... Igbo is just one kind sweet tribe like that eeehn that i just feel like believing in reincarnation so i can come back and be an igbo boy again...

[size=20] Am in love with igbo, my language and my people... the best smiley [/size]
Because you see white people singing in it? Says more about your worship of white people than anything else. Slave minded buffoon.
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by Nobody: 11:55am On May 10, 2015
mmsen:
You people are like children, forever looking for external approval and then you wonder why the rest of the world has no regard for you.

So many of you have no regard for those with no self-confidence and self-reliance in your own society but you display the same feeble traits on a global setting and expect to be treated with respect.
Don't mind these shameless imbecil.es who call themselves Africans. Drowning in inferiority complex. See how excited they are! So what should the whites, in whose languages we have been singing their hymns for donkey years do then? Jump over a cliff?

1 Like

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by shineeye: 12:02pm On May 10, 2015
igbos language will soon become a compulsory language around the world IGBO KWENU spreading their wings everywhere
Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by realkendy(f): 12:03pm On May 10, 2015
All these people forming anti-tribalism I didn't see you in the other thread created for Yoruba hymns. Stop being bias please

1 Like

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by martinosi: 12:05pm On May 10, 2015
An2elect2:

what is so special about that. Don't we all speak a foreign language here? English. Do English people get excited over that?

Please tell them O!!!! some people never learn

1 Like

Re: Swedes and Italians Singing In Igbo by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 10, 2015
anonimi:
What is amazing about white people doing what we black people have always done?

Don't we sing in English

Abi English na native tongue of Nigerians ni?

This is just another display of colo-mentality like our over-hyping their football teams & leagues to the NEGLECT of our own angry
Honestly sometimes I wonder if we are cursed as a people. So shameless.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mbaka: They Planned To Use Prostitutes To Set Me Up Before Killing Me / Is Bathing (Spiritual Bathing) Biblical And Is There Anything Wrong With It? / Will You Marry An Atheist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.