Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Should Christian Pastors' Wives Preach? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christian Pastors' Wives Preach? (354 Views)

All 21st Century Christian Pastors Are Liars / Wives Of 9 Powerful Nigerian Pastors (photos) / Should Christian Women Wear Trouser ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Christian Pastors' Wives Preach? by agwom(m): 1:36am On Apr 14, 2015
The other day as I was turning the final bend that leads to my house I heard disorderly and uncontrolled voices locked in an argument. They were Christians, men and women.

Putting my ears to the ground - listening rather hard, I picked the plank of the argument: Should a pastor's wife preach in the absence of her husband? Ordinarily, this is an innocuous question, harmless by every stand of analysis. But sentiments had elevated it to the sort of debate that demanded caution.

As I listened furtively with my steps progressively slowing down, the eyes of a known one caught me in the web of humans that had gathered to umpire in the controversy. "Our elder welcome," he flagged me down. "Can you please," he entreated, "spare us some moments as your arrival here is deemed to have been divinely timed.

The cause of the discourse was stated with dying emotions mainly because the one that halted me commands some respect among the arguers.

As I opened my mouth silence berthed. I began my explanation in a formal manner in an informal gathering. It is not so much whether a woman, be her a wife of an officer or the general overseer of a church as by her position in that church. That is to say, is she herself a duly recognized officer of the church? If the answer is 'yes' then the argument will no longer have unfavorable potency. But if it is a 'no' situation, then will the argument receive teeth to rage on.

How then do you become a recognized officer of a particular church? Here is where the question must first be particularized before it can be universalized. What are the programs put in place for those willing to be trained for service of the church? Are the programs sex discriminatory? If so, which sex is affected?

In some churches the some churches the starting point is the Foundational/Beginners class. The class runs for a specific period to be followed by tests and examinations on successful completion of the period. If the brother or sister succeeds, he or she or both can proceed to the Holy Ghost class. Again, if they come out clean at the end of this stage, they can identify with any group of their choice. The groups include: Prayer Warrior, Evangelism, Tracts ministry and others. The choice is strictly personal, no one is ever forced. Many are they that opt for remaining ordinary members ever after.

Other programs form rungs of higher training. However, this does not preclude the possibility of advice to those who exhibit particular traits if they are perceived to be introverts and therefore are shy and would not easily signify intentions for service.

There are assistant deacons/deaconesses, assistant pastors/substantive pastors, area pastors and so on and so forth. The point of note here is that once anybody has received the requisite training to become ordained and earn a given post in a church system - as enumerated above - the person has attained the status of recognition in that church. It would, therefore, matter less whether the person is a brother or sister. The individual ultimately qualifies to officiate in programs organized by the church, no holds bar.

That should be the objective line for Christians to tow in arguments of this nature

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3838554
Re: Should Christian Pastors' Wives Preach? by delishpot: 5:06am On Apr 14, 2015
Is the church a family business? Doesnt pastor have assistants? Are there no elders capable of preaching? if she is old and elderly, then she can preach. if there are no older God fearing men, then yes she can preach, if the people in the group are all new converts, then she can preach, if the listeners are younger than her, she can preach also.

(1) (Reply)

How Right Is Eternal Security?pt.2. Once Saved Always Saved? / Home\post Construction Cleaning Services / Three Reasons Why Christians Should Attend Church Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.