Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria (73279 Views)

10 Universities That Accept 2.2 And 3rd Class Graduate For Masters Degree / Top 10 Universities To STUDY Computer Science/engineering In Nigeria / Top 10 Universities In Nigeria 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by opylas(m): 4:47am On Apr 15, 2015
Proudly FUTArian!

Great FUTArians.... Great!
Great FUTArians.... Great!!
Ever winning, ever leading, ever peaceful
Advancing the cause of technology.
FUTAAA...FUTA... Land of ancient landmarks!
FUTAAA...FUTA... For national progress!!
Academic excellence is our tradition
Technology for self reliance
tereneeeneneneeeeeeeeenenenenenenenene....teun!
Self reliance... Yes!
Self reliance... Yes!
Promoting love, unity and not cultism
Championing the cause of technology
FUTAAA...FUTA... The shining example..
FUTAAA...FUTA... The pride of Nigeria.
With God's blessing on our side, we shall go places.
FUTA... For self reliance...
FU U U U U U U...U U U... T A A A A A

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:05am On Apr 15, 2015
5p1naz:
90% of Nigerians that study Engineering in the Nigerian universities work as cashiers in Nigerian banks.
exactly,
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by johnsonjosbles(m): 5:12am On Apr 15, 2015
opylas:
Proudly FUTArian!

Great FUTArians.... Great!
Great FUTArians.... Great!!
Ever winning, ever leading, ever peaceful
Advancing the cause of technology.
FUTAAA...FUTA... Land of ancient landmarks!
FUTAAA...FUTA... For national progress!!
Academic excellence is our tradition
Technology for self reliance
tereneeeneneneeeeeeeeenenenenenenenene....teun!
Self reliance... Yes!
Self reliance... Yes!
Promoting love, unity and not cultism
Championing the cause of technology
FUTAAA...FUTA... The shining example..
FUTAAA...FUTA... The pride of Nigeria.
With God's blessing on our side, we shall go places.
FUTA... For self reliance...
FU U U U U U U...U U U... T A A A A A
saaaaraaap there! how many stuffs FUTA don invent? TECHNOLOGY means invention and strategis,many FUTA engineering graduate cannot invent spinal,many of them that i know now work in a bank as a marketers,what a shame for nigerian NSE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by Adet5(m): 6:15am On Apr 15, 2015
Jinyjagz:
Oga remove oou from dat list
must you say what you don't know? For ur information OOU is one of the best university in engineering
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30am On Apr 15, 2015
redsun:
Why do we need all the chinese/german.italian,even romanian engineers/handymen to build and run our structures and dilapidated facilities if our universities trains engineers? Is it just reading books, passively without even understanding basic things like periodic tables,the air we breathe,the rain that falls,the sun that shines and all the little things that makes the world go round?
pls bro ,sorry for bringing something different here i need to move this to front page ,this is my future www.nairaland.com/2257006/urgently-need-nairalanderspls
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by opylas(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
saaaaraaap there! how many stuffs FUTA don invent? TECHNOLOGY means invention and strategis,many FUTA engineering graduate cannot invent spinal,many of them that i know now work in a bank as a marketers,what a shame for nigerian NSE.

O.K
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by silverdam(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Nobel prize. You get awarded a Nobel prize. Then people call you a Nobel laureate.
grin
Are you done? Please don't quote me again cos it's not funny anymore. Byeeeeee!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by mandarin: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2015
FUTA, based on Nigerian standard should be the best.Private universities need more time to proof their worth.
FUTA products, at least I have two around me one my cousin who went from mining engineering in the school to Petroleum Engineering in USA and he is doing well in the energy industry there and another guy that I knew during his attache program in my office and was the best graduating student in his class and went to be the best also in UK university. The school is a serious one and will make u a serious student.
OAU is another one, I wanted to do computer Engineering in that school but somehow my JAMB result went missing, the school actually started that course then. it has experienced hands and will label it as second. You cannot conclude that Nigerian schools are not good but government has not done enough for research and developments but when Nigerians travel after first degree they still do well, my friend just bagged a Ph.D in Mech Engr aspect, so why do we not allow our students a year or so for training in engineering firms.
Nigerian students are brilliant, I cried my heart out when I couldn't pay through Oxford to study EEM or Engineering Science.I finally pitched my tent in Risk Mgts. We are good in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by CanberraGame: 9:42am On Apr 15, 2015
FrancisTony:
There are many schools studying engineering but there are those more equipped, enhanced and have got better teachers than others.

This rank is based on different areas that make a school that studies the course engineering:

1. FUTA, ( Federal University of Technology, Akure. )
The school is really aiming high in terms of the technological and digital aspect of developing her students, in the school. They are also ranked first in COREN data list.

2. FUTO ( Federal University of Technology, Owerri Imo state)
The school is also making sense with respect to their technological aspect in teaching the students the benefits of technology.

3. University of Ilorin

4. University of Lagos

5 .FUTMINNA ( Federal university of technology Minna)

6. Obafemi Awolowo University

7. University of Benin

8. Ladoke Akintola, University of Technology

9 Olabisi University ( OOU)

10. University of Nigeria, Nsukka

http://.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/cropped-Nigerian-University-Scholarships-Image12.jpg
na the10 schools u attend? Only you spend 50 years for these skuls?

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by Macintosh101(m): 9:42am On Apr 15, 2015
Where is FUTY embarassedWhere is FUTY
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by EagleEyes001(m): 9:43am On Apr 15, 2015
Which of their students made a car? ABU zaira no one abegi
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by ndubisik(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2015
The last shall be the first...

Repping UNN till there's no more garri in Africa
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by JuanDeDios: 10:48am On Apr 15, 2015
silverdam:
Are you done? Please don't quote me again cos it's not funny anymore. Byeeeeee!
Because.

But this isn't a real issue because "cos" can be accepted in place of because in informal writing. Other than this, that was a good sentence you wrote up there. Therefore, you can clap for yourself since you can now be promoted to the next class. cool
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by swezenberg(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2015
johnsonjosbles:

Stop this your epileptic display. So where do students from your school work. You don't know me and some other FUTA engineering students here in US working for Nuclear power plants and those in UK. You think we are student of schools that their highest aim is to work with Chevron Nigeria or Mobil Nigeria. If you don't measure up then you keep quiet. We are no longer in your league. I won the title yesterday is not what we are talking about but who is winning now.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by Dayor217(m): 11:59am On Apr 15, 2015
damibravo:
Arise O sing O Ladokite
Ever militant.... Ever reasonable!
Fighting for peace, love and justice,
Intimidation we condone not.
Great LAUTECH, m proud of you,
Great LAUTECH, you make me whole.
Let's join hands to make her great.

Excellence, integrity and service.

Great!

#OsheyBaddest #GreatLadokite!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by Capableben(m): 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2015
eghos12:
okay na uniben me rep
. okay, pls how can I transfer to uniben?? I'm in my second semester in my school, chemical engr
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by GLOBALINF: 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2015
BENEFITS FOR STUDYING IN CYPRUS (why it's better than Nigerian universities)...

• No need of external exams such as SAT, TOEFL, GMAT etc.
• Affordable tuition fee (part payment is accepted)
* Do you know that with just 1000euro initial payment you can secure admission and
Fly straight to Cyprus to complete the tuition fee there while you work? Now that is
Less than 250k Nigerian Naira, compare to our private universities
• in Cyprus you have access to Free Transportation around the city for students 24/7
• Job Opportunity for student with work permits
• Affordable Accommodation for Students
• Discount card for students to purchase goods at a very cheap rates
• Scholarship Opportunity for outstanding students
• Cyprus is a crime-free country
• Free internet facility is available in almost everywhere (inside buses, parks, relaxation gardens, public buildings, supermarkets, schools, hospitals etc)
* from Cyprus, you can visit any other country you wish to visit for vacation provided you have your student identity.

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

• O-Level Results
• Transcript or Statement of Result.
• International Passport.
• Birth Certificate
• Application forms
• University Degree Certificate/Transcripts. (Masters Only).

WHY NORTH CYPRUS

North Cyprus offers; favourable, extraordinary, enjoyable, mystic, spiritual and peaceful environment for you any season of the year. Cyprus, third biggest island of the Mediterranean is always desired in every period of history for strategic, political, commercial and religious reasons, and does not lose its charm at any time...

North Cyprus location is at the crossroads of Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa. Closest neighbouring locations are Turkey, South Cyprus, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, Israel and Syria. Its coasts are approximately 396 km long with a unique blend of beaches, plains and mountains. Moreover, with its historical past and location, Northern Cyprus is in many ways a surprising synthesis between eastern and western cultures; and with its rich multicultural heritage, in every part of the country you will find ancient monuments and sites that belongs to more than 11 thousand years of civilization and history makes the country exceptionally beautiful.

North Cyprus Universities offer affordable tuition and fees as well as accommodation charges, whilst North Cyprus offers moderate living expenses. Estimated average living expenses for international students are 100-250 USD per month.

Food and drinks bought from shops instead of eating out in restaurants can significantly be cheaper. An individual gets to spend less than 50 USD every week for grocery items and beverages. All other shopping items as well as services are also very affordable in North Cyprus. Just to give you a broad idea, a haircut costs around 3 USD for men and 10 USD for women; a can of coke costs less than 1 USD and a Burger King meal
costs around 5 USD. All in all, North Cyprus offer very affordable living conditions for students and this is among the top reasons why Cyprus is fast becoming a student hub for students from many different countries and cultures.

FOR MORE INFORMATION YOU CAN CALL 08064934353 BB PIN: 24EA4865.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by simdam500(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2015
alright i'll note it sad
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by johnsonjosbles(m): 10:07pm On Apr 15, 2015
swezenberg:

Stop this your epileptic display. So where do students from your school work. You don't know me and some other FUTA engineering students here in US working for Nuclear power plants and those in UK. You think we are student of schools that their highest aim is to work with Chevron Nigeria or Mobil Nigeria. If you don't measure up then you keep quiet. We are no longer in your league. I won the title yesterday is not what we are talking about but who is winning now.
AMERICAN people dont talk too much like you ODE!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by johnsonjosbles(m): 10:08pm On Apr 15, 2015
swezenberg:

AMERICAN people dont talk too much like you ODE!
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by BRAINCRASH(m): 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
WHY IS "FUTYOLA" NOT ON THE LIST?.....it it because the school is in the North?....OP your list is biased.......You guys in the southern region always belive that the schools in the Abokis regions have nothing to offer...
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by dawtune(m): 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
Fash20:
because CU is the first to have Reverse engineering they should no be among the best in Nigeria. Noo!
yes they should... The Engineering faculty in that school is bam, for real... We Nigerians are just oblivious of the facts, or let me put it straight that we tend to ignore the truth. Forget the fact that it's relatively a new school or a private varsity, like some ignorant peeps would say, but they are doing far better than the so-called premier varsities we have. Education to me shouldn't be about how your lecturers are harsh to you, or whatever reasons. It's high time we stop living under this assumption or hypos.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by Adet5(m): 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
Dotsd1:
[color=#006600][/color] my class governor i sight u
And so?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by apostlekeke(m): 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
cooljude:
Ikenna howfar.
I'm good bro. how u holding up.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by dedarkman(m): 4:00pm On Apr 25, 2015
7footre:

D boss!!! I'd hoped to remain incognito on this forum embarassed
no p boss
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by educlever880: 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
Futo is a good Eng.school
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
themonk:

I rep university of nigeria nsukka too, the first school indigenous college in nigeria and the first school to have the faculty of engineering in nigeria.
I rep electronic engineering.
Of the great lions and lionesses!!!!
bro pls hw competitive is electrical admission in UNN? with 263 JAMB and five C6's at o level.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by themonk(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2017
durentchigozie:
bro pls hw competitive is electrical admission in UNN? with 263 JAMB and five C6's at o level.
i dont keep up with all those admission stuff o
but i think 263 is okay, i made first list with 265 during my own time.
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by HADI854: 3:51am On Dec 25, 2018
hbsilencer:
FUTMx. we soaring high.
pls is futminna Mechanical Engineering that Good? I need your reply ASAP
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by HADI854: 3:52am On Dec 25, 2018
Theo001:
My ND wil move me forward..futminna on mai kulest mind

pls How Good is futminna Mechanical Engineering?
Re: Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria by springrolls: 5:33am On Jul 18, 2020
HADI854:

pls How Good is futminna Mechanical Engineering?

Which school did you end up attending? Is their program good? I need good suggestions for ME programs and I haven't been able to find good-quality, researched information anywhere yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See How Our Children Are Quietly Been Indoctrinated / 2017 MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme Registration / How ABU Zaria Students Failed In The Dept. Of Computer Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.