Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! (14365 Views)

How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation / Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State / Electricity Supply Drops To 2,817.05MW - Federal Ministry Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nobody: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2015
godson36:
Why can't we start using "Wind Mills" for generating electricity..

Well I will try to tell "My father GMB.." About using Wind Mill for Generating Power...

God Bless mY Father GMB

"Call me GMB son"
they have tokill the generator and diesel sale business..i sure know there is a cabal bent on truncating any good plan for power generation and distribution..the black man(especially black nigerian) has been cursed with greediness..
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by blackfase(m): 10:59am On Apr 14, 2015
Its no more their cup of tea they'l claim. They shuld just get d'hell out of our faces & lives. Looking forward to a better life after d biggest thieves, rogues & thugs in our living memories. May 29th beckons.....

bigtt76:
Wonder why they keep disturbing us with these figures ....we all understand the issue, the rains are not yet upon us and the gas pipelines as usual is being vandalized or demons affecting it grin I think we need more new excuses perhaps FFK or any other [b]TAN[/b]talizing defender should assist? #mtscheeeeeeeew #ewucongo tongue

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by ramdris(m): 11:02am On Apr 14, 2015
I swear Obj fine pass this man. See raw ugliness. with this kind of nose why gas go dey when only his nose can consume all the gas. Mtcheeeew. Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by kpeteman(m): 11:04am On Apr 14, 2015
I just hope this govt treat just one of our problems permanently and let another take and handle one, gradually all our problems will be solved.

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by koladebrainiac(m): 11:07am On Apr 14, 2015
agarawu23:
Google search it not only Nigeria is suffering from electricity palava.

we shldnt blame Gej for everything
but they have been sinking money into it now
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by busayochic: 11:10am On Apr 14, 2015
osamaBUSH:

Vandalism is one of the main reasons why the investment in the power sector has not been paying off.
But its really sad that the GEJ administration gave out juicy contracts worth billions to ex militants for the protection of our pipelines against vandals....

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 14, 2015
i spend minimum of 16k on fuel for generator in a week. undecided
kilode ?
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by eaglechild: 11:15am On Apr 14, 2015
What kind of substandard journalism is this.

Fell to 2, 74.. on March 8 rise to 2, 9... on March 11, Fell from 3, 5...

I mean did no one teach this writer how to make a meaningful summary of figures.

And who in the world hinges a heading on daily power output?
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by nzeBiddle(m): 11:16am On Apr 14, 2015
Nigeria's population which officially stands at 170million is huge. The fact that it is even expected to significantly increase in the next 50 years at least is even a lot more scary. Until government starts to plan for the future with this in mind, I am afraid power-generation in the country would continue to remain in the deficit. Heck! why does government invest solely on gas-powered plants and hydro plants? Do we think South Africa, China and to a significant extent, the US -countries who all share similar population-density figures with nigeria, are silly vis a vis significant dependence on coal-fired power plants for power generation (mostly morr than 90% of the time)? Yet unlike most of the these countries, Nigeria's coal deposits have been proven to have low sulphuric content and as such a lot more environment-friendly. Even Isreal has started to expand the usage of renewable bio-gas from COW DUNG in power-generation. Brazil, which is not even among the world's top 10 cassava producing nations uses ethanol (A BY-PRODUCT OF CASSAVA)-powered plants to generate electricity yet Nigeria, the highest producer and exporter of cassava in the world has 0 ethanol-power generating plant(s). Why does the "system" seldom allow folks who can THINK OUTSIDE THE GDAMN BOX get into policy making and implementation? A country with some of the brightest minds across diverse sectors admirably holding their own in their respective feilds both at home and in the diaspora. Smh indeed "Nigeria" is a paradox

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2015
Nazeeboy:
This GEJ is now destroying the power supply so that he can make it hard for Baba to fix it. For mama peace voice: chaiii........diaris God oooo

Ezi

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Kentrasso(f): 11:23am On Apr 14, 2015
yomi007k:

Eehn, which community be dt I beg.
Kaapstad. One village like that in the West
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 14, 2015
Why do we have devastating DEMONS existing among BLACK AFRICANS than the other races..?
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by ceejay80s(m): 11:25am On Apr 14, 2015
God go punish nepa
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by deb(m): 11:32am On Apr 14, 2015
Buhari will soon sack all the incompetent mofos in the power sector always coming up with one excuse or the other angry
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by caprini1: 11:41am On Apr 14, 2015
I don't understand this,each time they say power supply dropped,my estate experiences 15 hours of electricity on a daily basis!
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by jackymfon: 11:43am On Apr 14, 2015
No light for three months n counting, I want to see the change biko!!!!!
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 14, 2015
BIG SHAME TO EVERYONE IN NAIJA......GIANT INDEED undecided undecided angry spits
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by blackfase(m): 11:47am On Apr 14, 2015
power is not evenly distributed..

caprini1:
I don't understand this,each time they say power supply dropped,my estate experiences 15 hours of electricity on a daily basis!
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by persius555(m): 11:51am On Apr 14, 2015
If the incoming govt can profer a lasting solution to our 35 years of power dilemna, they will have my vote for the next 30 years. Calling on buhari, appoint Babatunde Raji Fashola as the minister of power as he is the best man for the job at the moment, a goal getter, a man with golden vision, a man of his word, a hands on person to the core, a man with proven track record, a man with the heart full of love for this country.. Anything short of BRF in that power portfolio is a grand failure to the start of the incoming administration. Please no agbad wearing politician should be allowed to go close to that portfolio. Only a technocrat with proven record like BRF is fit to take that seat. Fight all the corruption in the country, without power our economy can never grow.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Fellonigerians: 11:53am On Apr 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Let's wait for d magician to cum fix it
May 29th no far again

Power needs attention over time to be fixed, not with the wave of a magic wand. The dirt from the days of NEPA and PHCN still exist and needs to be cleaned up. TCN needs to energized and 'threatened.'

I hope he takes his time and understands the sector before taking any drastic decision as it is the most important sector for development, growth, and industrialization, which will transcend to job creation, reduce cost of production for goods, reduced importation, increase in local production, booming economy, foreign investments in general, etc.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Charliiee(m): 11:56am On Apr 14, 2015
agarawu23:
Google search it not only Nigeria is suffering from electricity palava.

we shldnt blame Gej for everything
Lol, so who should we blame? Your father?
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by donchrisk(m): 11:58am On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=Kolade354 post=32704432]This are the thing Jonatha govt should have pay attention to but he can visit malawi,mali and lagos 10 times in a month...........A drunkard who cant get his shiit together. over correct
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Hyflier22(m): 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
Gallass:
Does this vandalism exist only in Nigeria?
No mind them
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by agarawu23(m): 12:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Charliiee:
Lol, so who should we blame? Your father?
blame your mother
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Orikinla(m): 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
[size=18pt]What happened to the Road Map To Power of President Goodluck Jonathan?[/size]
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by M16: 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
Goddex:
[size=15pt]This is temporary.

PUNCH is one stewpid news outfit doing propaganda for APC

[/size]

Bros its only propaganda. Goodluck will be there till 2019
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Charliiee(m): 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
agarawu23:
blame your mother
ok
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by otokx(m): 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
The legacy of PDP, they finished our economy with newspaper transformation.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by rabbuy(m): 12:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]What happened to the Road Map To Power of President Goodluck Jonathan?[/size]
you guys should free Jona now abi now BABA is there.. Let him pack his load in peace
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
How come my own light situation improved only since Saturday?
If that is the dividend of this shortfall, may it continually plummet!
:-)
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by slap1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
I hope that's not why I haven't had light since yesterday afternoon. angry
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by blackfase(m): 12:24pm On Apr 14, 2015
Power is not evenly distributed..

ziqqz:
How come my own light situation improved only since Saturday?
If that is the dividend of this shortfall, may it continually plummet!
:-)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iranian Scientist Invents Time-Machine For Future Prediction / Nigeria Install Hydromet Across River Basins 2 Protect Coastal Areas 4rm Flood(p / Machine Turns Sweat Into Drinking water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.