Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! (14371 Views)

How my inverter is saving me in this poor power supply and no-fuel situation / Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State / Electricity Supply Drops To 2,817.05MW - Federal Ministry Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Amanwulu1(m): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Let's wait for d magician to cum fix it
May 29th no far again
my broda I'm waiting it's just dat d magician is now speaking like a mortal dat he truly is n not d magician portrait he used in deceiving some during campagn.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Amanwulu1(m): 12:35pm On Apr 14, 2015
OCTAVO:
Not again! No wonder, there has been no electricity for days. @OP, where is your source?
Cc: Lalasticlala
sound strange bc in sarkin-pawa, niger state, frm monday morning it's jst around 11am they took it. Or is here not nigeria.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by adino(m): 12:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
You need gas to run power sector smoothly na, shey you need gas. Okay O.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by dckng16(m): 12:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
That is why I voted BUHARI, if there is constant power supply in Nigeria a lot of jobs will be created, economy will thrive, industries and entrepreneur will do well. Unemployment rate will reduce. These so called generator and fuel cabals have held this country hostage for so many years. It's high time we get rid off them. To my incoming president, if you can get this Power issue resolved, you have fixed 60% of Nigerians problem. I Hope u achieve this for us in short time.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by galadima77(m): 12:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
blackfase:

My broda, this kind of thing hasnt been reported elsewhere. Nigeria is d only place wher u experience from d ridiculous to d insane. But I gues we all r culpable......

to butress ur point, a frnd just bragged this mrn that power supply in cotonou is 24/7.
pls if that is true den we are doomed
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by ceejay80s(m): 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
Vandalism kò Claude vandam nì, dem fit send armies to come torment us but dem no fit send armies to guard the pipeline and shoot at site any moving object wry pass that area to vandalize nepa property
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by ceejay80s(m): 1:08pm On Apr 14, 2015
seunfly:
What is the reason for this? This government has spent a lot on the power yet it keeps reducing.
Which money dem spend? Money wey dem do put inside their personal bank account, did that donkey kong gej not award 3billion naira contract for just 3 days work to somebody.
Some people need to be killed before naija go move forwarded

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by blackfase(m): 1:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
I can authoritatively tell you they experience power cuts in Benin Republic, & even less of it in Cotonou because I live close to d border but never on such hopeless scale as we have here in Nigeria. Our situation is distressingly pathetic.....

galadima77:

to butress ur point, a frnd just bragged this mrn that power supply in cotonou is 24/7.
pls if that is true den we are doomed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by ceejay80s(m): 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
bfire:

Yet, you bring me estimated bill of N22,000 without any light and spending N40K on diesel every month

Nigeria is just too expensive to reside in
Guy u can get a small silver gun and 16 rounds of bullet with that money, please make sure u shoot them at site as soon as u see dem bringing bill to ur house , and I beg u again o, don't miss,
I dey boil as I dey here
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
Gbagaun. We r in trouble again.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by blackfase(m): 2:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
qbd2:
Gbagaun. We r in trouble again.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nazeeboy(m): 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2015
groundnutoil:
May u receive sense in jesus name
Amen
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nazeeboy(m): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2015
ocelot2006:

Too many buffoons on nairaland. Bloody airhead.
thanks! And what would you call urself please?
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nazeeboy(m): 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
killercute16:
Myopic thinking....Disappointed sad
I'm sorry, Dad.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by bfire(m): 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2015
ceejay80s:

Guy u can get a small silver gun and 16 rounds of bullet with that money, please make sure u shoot them at site as soon as u see dem bringing bill to ur house , and I beg u again o, don't miss,
I dey boil as I dey here

My man, do it first so that i can see how it is done. My children would not like to see their father holding gun. Better still, what if i hire you to do it and please, you must not mention my name ooo
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by ocelot2006(m): 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nazeeboy:
thanks! And what would you call urself please?

The sane man that exposed.you as a.buffoon.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by boykas(m): 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
[quote author=Kentrasso post=32705027]Too bad.
I envy the community where I reside presently. There's 24hours constant power supply. If there will be a blackout we will be notified like weeks or days before. Electricity should be the least of our problems in Nigeria at this time[/quote/)

where on earth do get ur 24hrs
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by no2fuks(m): 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2015
I doubt buhari will be the moses to lead us from darkness. nigeria should be dismantled let the united nations govern us put a system in place and then much later allow us to govern ourselves.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by atundeola2020: 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Let's wait for d magician to cum fix it
May 29th no far again
Don't mind them. power has drop yet places like Somolu, Akeju etc in Lagos are all enjoying electricity while places like Bariga, Oworo all in Lagos doesn't enjoy power yet they pay PHCN hill
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by blackfase(m): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Pergrace:
Still struggling to generate 2988 MW for over 54 years after independence cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by anyaekekehinde(m): 9:41pm On Apr 14, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Well the days of worries are over, abeg Oga Jona Step down Sai Buhari, Osinbajo and Oga Fashola minister for power, we trust and believe in you guys.

Some claimed its impossible yet they dont wanna step down. The claimed Nigeria's problem is too much and Nigeria is ungovernable yet they still wanna rule,They claimed Nigeria is poor yet they enrich themselves.

If not for the fact that we have clueless people in Power, They make power generation seems like rocket science. Any reasonable government would know the best way to handle this problem is to divide Nigeria is 4 section

In the North they have enough sun - Solar Power automatically plays out here
In The west where we have Ocean which means plenty wind, - Wind power can work well here
In the Middle belt where Oil Flourish - Gas would be the best way to generate power

Or look at the States with the highest Industries or rich states Like Kano, Lagos, Kaduna, Port harcourt, Akwa Ibom Make the states generate power steadily and over time they can even sell to other states.

Common Sense is not common. They will make everything seems like its rocket science. I know some people will quote me and say Rubbish.

Power generation and transmission isnt a big deal, If Redeem, Winners and all these top organisations can generate distribute and manage power without interruption, If you still think power generation is a big deal and that the Government is trying or has tried. you will only be a foool to think that way

This is the dullest thing i have ever read on nairaland.. that some people even donated likes for this gibberish you wrote worries me a lot... i am sure you are not an engineer, but even my 10year old kid sister will do well in analysing the power problem that these..pls don't just write on nairaland.. always do you research before spewing jargons

lol.. how much power can solar generate

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by scotz101(m): 11:02pm On Apr 14, 2015
Nazeeboy:
This GEJ is now destroying the power supply so that he can make it hard for Baba to fix it. For mama peace voice: chaiii........diaris God oooo

Watch your words mr..your are clearly insulting someone who has no hand in this...why are you that stupid self?
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nazeeboy(m): 11:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
scotz101:

Watch your words mr..your are clearly insulting someone who has no hand in this...why are you that stupid self?
okay oga at the top

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by Nobody: 1:41am On Apr 15, 2015
PDP is working... cheesy
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by AroOkigbo(m): 6:09am On Apr 15, 2015
anyaekekehinde:

This is the dullest thing i have ever read on nairaland.. that some people even donated likes for this gibberish you wrote worries me a lot... i am sure you are not an engineer, but even my 10year old kid sister will do well in analysing the power problem that these..pls don't just write on nairaland.. always do you research before spewing jargons

You are laughing at his judgement on solar power.
I'm here rolling on the floor in respect of his thoughts on "western" ocean-wind that will generate power.
Nothing wey person no go read for nairaland

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by anyaekekehinde(m): 6:34am On Apr 15, 2015
AroOkigbo:

You are laughing at his judgement on solar power.
I'm here rolling on the floor in respect of his thoughts on "western" ocean-wind that will generate power.
Nothing wey person no go read for nairaland

lol.... what of oil in the middle belt... Good morning uncle

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by anwe: 7:27am On Apr 15, 2015
I don't know where this news is coming from. I hope Nigerians will not be con with propaganda knowing how gullible we are. in my area light has greatly improve, but I can not say if they are denying Peter to pay Paul.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by sheriffine(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2015
d situation of power supply in Naija is permanent #as simple as dat.
Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by naijainfogalery: 10:18am On Apr 15, 2015
Now that you decided to show how dumb you are. For your Information, Some countries thrive on Solar power. I pity any company that would employ someone like you. Because i divided it that way doesnt mean it has to be strictly followed or doesnt mean its not possible.

Thats why we dont need people like you in government. Common Sense sometimes isnt common. If churches like Redeem or winners can power a whole city 24/7 and you come here and type jargons i just SMH. Since u are asking how many current can solar power generate, check it out here. If a whole ship as big as a cargo ship can be powered by Solar, how much more a city. If you had said it was expensive i would have seem some level of sense in what you posted but saying its impossible SMH. Find out facts before you come out and comment

planetsave.com/2012/03/06/top-6-countries-using-solar-energy/

http://pureenergies.com/us/blog/top-10-countries-using-solar-power/

anyaekekehinde:

Re: Power Supply Falls To 2,988MW, Yet Again! by anyaekekehinde(m): 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Now that you decided to show how dumb you are. For your Information, Some countries thrive on Solar power. I pity any company that would employ someone like you. Because i divided it that way doesnt mean it has to be strictly followed or doesnt mean its not possible.

Thats why we dont need people like you in government. Common Sense sometimes isnt common. If churches like Redeem or winners can power a whole city 24/7 and you come here and type jargons i just SMH. Since u are asking how many current can solar power generate, check it out here. If a whole ship as big as a cargo ship can be powered by Solar, how much more a city. If you had said it was expensive i would have seem some level of sense in what you posted but saying its impossible SMH. Find out facts before you come out and comment

planetsave.com/2012/03/06/top-6-countries-using-solar-energy/

http://pureenergies.com/us/blog/top-10-countries-using-solar-power/

lol... many people are just being deceived by notorious bloggers.. i am a member of IEEEE and i am a member of energy institute... the only good thing about solar technology is called Concentrating Solar Power(CSP) and this a technology that is used in addition with other "fuels" deploying conventional steam turbine system using rankine cycle... infact many of those dual fired system are fucking expensive and are still majorly fired with fuels... this technology is still at the nascent stage...
you even went ahead to quote a blog for me..lol
dont worry its that same blog told you about oil in the middle belt..
you keep mentioning redeem and winners.. whats the combined generation of this 2 places...less than 100MW
how much power does a ship consume ?... men you are f.ool.. we are talking of generating, transmitting and distributing power worth thousands of Megawatts efficiently and you are here mentioning redeem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Iranian Scientist Invents Time-Machine For Future Prediction / Nigeria Install Hydromet Across River Basins 2 Protect Coastal Areas 4rm Flood(p / Machine Turns Sweat Into Drinking water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.