Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Rugged SUV For Family - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rugged SUV For Family (1187 Views)

2018 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Is The Most Expensive SUV Ever Made / 7 Reasons Nigerians Will Buy This N160m 2017 Bentley Bentayga SUV. / 2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rugged SUV For Family by Onota: 9:51am On Apr 14, 2015
Please, I have 1.2M to buy an SUV or a rugged car for family use and at time for my spouse business runs. Please those who know a lot about cars should advise me on the type I can get for such amount. Durability, Reliability and maintenance cost are factors to consider. Thanks a lot for your advice.
Re: Rugged SUV For Family by DECOtech(m): 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2015
Onota:
Please, I have 1.2M to buy an SUV or a rugged car for family use and at time for my spouse business runs. Please those who know a lot about cars should advise me on the type I can get for such amount. Durability, Reliability and maintenance cost are factors to consider. Thanks a lot for your advice.

2003 Honda crv. Its a compact SUV, drives like a sedan, with good ground clearance. Its 4cylinder engine is gentle on fuel, sound 5speed automatic transmission, chilling AC and I have just one unit left out of three.

Though its a tiny winy little bit above your budget but you can give me a call or whatsapp on 08030938491. Let's talk about it if you are interested.

To get it cheaper than this, would be a 9ja used one.

I will post pics of it in The morning cos its already dark in this part of Egbeda where the SUV and I are located.

Cheers!
Re: Rugged SUV For Family by Drgreatone: 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
To get ppl to respond to u here, u av to be specific abt certain things like the kind of area u stay in, what ur maintenance culture is like, do u av a favorite model of car or particular year of production, also when u say family use, ow many ppl do u expect to fit into it, what kinda business runs ie long distance travels or haulage. Hope av bin able to shed some light
Re: Rugged SUV For Family by DECOtech(m): 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2015
Drgreatone:
To get ppl to respond to u here, u av to be specific abt certain things like the kind of area u stay in, what ur maintenance culture is like, do u av a favorite model of car or particular year of production, also when u say family use, ow many ppl do u expect to fit into it, what kinda business runs ie long distance travels or haulage. Hope av bin able to shed some light

The OP stated a budget. Why don't we start with that?
Re: Rugged SUV For Family by Drgreatone: 11:26pm On Apr 14, 2015
@Decotech U know ow aving a budget alone works here, there are over 10 suvs he cud get for that amount. From the 1st generation rav 4 and crv to a 98/99 forerunner/pathfinder 99/00 mazda tribute or ford escape to the mitsubishi outlander to the Hyundai santa fe and so on and so forth. I'm sure somebody else wud still av some I av not included. Still boils down to the OP preference, his terrain/need for a large suv or a small one and so on
Re: Rugged SUV For Family by DECOtech(m): 12:10am On Apr 15, 2015
Drgreatone:
@Decotech U know ow aving a budget alone works here, there are over 10 suvs he cud get for that amount. From the 1st generation rav 4 and crv to a 98/99 forerunner/pathfinder 99/00 mazda tribute or ford escape to the mitsubishi outlander to the Hyundai santa fe and so on and so forth. I'm sure somebody else wud still av some I av not included. Still boils down to the OP preference, his terrain/need for a large suv or a small one and so on

Good point.
Re: Rugged SUV For Family by ogawisdom(m): 7:50am On Apr 16, 2015
Op I will suggest toyota highlander 2002 for u but dt is if u agree to increase ur budget to 1.6m for toks. It is d best for u.
But if u can't increase ur budget then settle for nissan xterra 1999 to 2002 I believe ur budget can get toks.

If fuel economy is more impt to u then go for 4cyl instead of V6

(1) (Reply)

Opel Astra 1.6 For Sale / Meet The 'beast': Donald Trump's New Bomb-proof Car / Please What Car I Can Get With 1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.