Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power (3424 Views)

Things You Might Want To Know About Nuclear Weapons (Photos) / Nuclear Power As An Alternative Source Of Energy / Nigeria Signs Pact With Russia's Rosatom To Build 4 Nuclear Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power by princejayboss: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2015
Feraz:
Why the Israelis?

I said so because of technical part of the construction of the facilities... The arrangement of the centrifuge and seriousness of the company handling the installation... Anything Russia is totally crazy... Japan can do wonderful installation too
Re: Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power by princejayboss: 11:59am On Apr 25, 2015
xdos:

why Israel?

I said so because of technical part of the construction of the facilities... The arrangement of the centrifuge and seriousness of the company handling the installation... Anything Russia is totally crazy... Japan can do wonderful installation too
Re: Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power by bukster(f): 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power by mmsen: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
Computer systems at nuclear facilities all over the world face cyber-attacks on a daily basis, says a UN nuclear watchdog group while addressing a conference on Monday.

There were three identified cases of random malware-based attacks targeted at nuclear power plants. According to Yukiya Amano, the director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), “reports of actual or attempted cyber-attacks are now virtually a daily occurrence"

http://afritechnet..co.uk/2015/06/un-warns-of-cyber-attacks-against.html?q=nuclear
Re: Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power by sam90s(m): 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
"The plants will be financed by Rosatom, which will then build, own, operate....." From your post
Re: Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power by xdos(m): 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
sam90s:

"The plants will be financed by Rosatom, which will then build, own, operate....." From your post

The plants will be financed by Rosatom, which will then build, own, operate and 'transfer' them to the government, he said. I think you missed the word 'transfer'...
Re: Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power by xdos(m): 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
mmsen:
Computer systems at nuclear facilities all over the world face cyber-attacks on a daily basis, says a UN nuclear watchdog group while addressing a conference on Monday.

There were three identified cases of random malware-based attacks targeted at nuclear power plants. According to Yukiya Amano, the director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), “reports of actual or attempted cyber-attacks are now virtually a daily occurrence"

http://afritechnet..co.uk/2015/06/un-warns-of-cyber-attacks-against.html?q=nuclear
Yea I agree... My major fear is the effect the high level of corruption in this country will have on the safety part of this project.
Re: Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power by mmsen: 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
xdos:
Yea I agree... My major fear is the effect the high level of corruption in this country will have on the safety part of this project.

You think Russia does not have problems with corruption?

Or China?

Or India

Or Brazil?

Or Ukraine or Poland?

Corruption is not unique to Nigeria.

Human error can never be eliminated so long as there is even one human being alive. That is no reason to live in constant fear of progress.
Re: Nigeria In Rosatom Talks For Up To $80 Billion Nuclear Power by xdos(m): 11:02am On Jul 04, 2015
Bro, I know corruption isn't unique to Nigeria but ours is spelt boldly... Look at the way govt things are handled in this country... Remember there is a very thin line btw nuclear power and nuclear weapon... Look at the govt 's attitude towards safety.. Am currently in a power project site here in Nigeria, I know how many times I correct people working unsafe and most times even after correcting them, as soon as they think I ve gone, they get back to their unsafe ways... ofcourse the site safety policies are just there to decorate the walls...
Have you been to Ibese or Obajana where Dangote has his cement sites? You will wonder if there is a govt in this country... If govt puts up strong safety policies and implement them without fear or favor... Ensure that safety audits are carried out and charge companies who default in safety heavily, then that will go a very long way to get us ready for such projects because companies will be forced to sanitize the mindset of their workers...
Most companies that are strict with their safety rules here in Nigeria are companies who have their headquarters abroad... Like NLNG, a company operated by Shell and safety incidents go as far as to shell global...GE also I know...But our local companies that have their hq here in Nigeria... fear them.
mmsen:

You think Russia does not have problems with corruption?

Or China?

Or India

Or Brazil?

Or Ukraine or Poland?

Corruption is not unique to Nigeria.

Human error can never be eliminated so long as there is even one human being alive. That is no reason to live in constant fear of progress.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tour Inside Samsung Headquaters In South Korea(Photos) / The Electricity Cycle. / Four Female Insects That Kill Their Mate After Intercourse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.